X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philly Zoner
    • Jan 2004

highly ranked TEs go undrafted

Does Jason Peters smell bad? seriously, I'm kinda surprised that he got no love. maybe that Wonderlic score says something about how he did in interviews. seemed like a multi-dimensional pick

also, Ben Utecht looks like a FA as well, and he was rated pretty highly going in.

was there something we didn't know about these guys?

thoughts?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I know we could really get some undrafted gems!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

a ton of FBs went undrafted too.. travis wilson was the top fullback rated on TSN.com...
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        I know we could really get some undrafted gems!
        I was thinking the same thing
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• matt
          • Apr 2004

Maybe people who actually saw them play and actually scouted them think they are trash, maybe they didnt read your fish wrap and mad decisions based on first hand knowledge.
          Are we Men or are we beasts, we are beasts and you have made us beasts, we are always left,right,left,right,left, READY! Front, and the end result is cold hard steel jab between the second and third rib and TWIST- AHHHH

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by matt
            Maybe people who actually saw them play and actually scouted them think they are trash, maybe they didnt read your fish wrap and mad decisions based on first hand knowledge.
            Did you? WTF is a fish wrap?

Comment

• Philly Zoner
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz

Did you? WTF is a fish wrap?
              is that like a fish taco? how do you read one of those?

Comment

• Philly Zoner
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by matt
                anyway, I didn't rank them highly, the people with first hand knowledge did.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                  • Apr 2003

hopefully well see some signed very shortly
                  the dude abides

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

It just proves that we can watch a kid play and do internet research all day but we don't have the same info on these guys as the professionals. Sure they miss on some but overall they're pretty good. I'm still going to be an arm chair quarterback but I know that I don't have any authority on these guys when comparing myself to NFL GM's. Some people really do believe that they know more than the GM's. That's what's really scary.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                      It just proves that we can watch a kid play and do internet research all day but we don't have the same info on these guys as the professionals. Sure they miss on some but overall they're pretty good. I'm still going to be an arm chair quarterback but I know that I don't have any authority on these guys when comparing myself to NFL GM's. Some people really do believe that they know more than the GM's. That's what's really scary.
                      (SSHHHH!!!)
                      the dude abides

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

I think if our front office thought anything of those guys, they'd have drafted them in the 7th.

This years free agents are no better than those in other years.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Sep 2003

Ben Utect should have been drafted over the guy we drafted, i was surprised

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                            Ben Utect should have been drafted over the guy we drafted, i was surprised

If TD thought so he would have drafted him. Also TE Jason Peters and FB Travis Wilson are still available!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philly Zoner
                              Does Jason Peters smell bad? seriously, I'm kinda surprised that he got no love. maybe that Wonderlic score says something about how he did in interviews. seemed like a multi-dimensional pick

also, Ben Utecht looks like a FA as well, and he was rated pretty highly going in.

was there something we didn't know about these guys?

thoughts?
                              Other than his mamoth size, I am not so sure what made him so special. I had an opportunity to listen to 4 or 5 different sports shows regarding the draft on the radio and he Satelite radio on the way home. ESPN's, Sirius had a great one with Pat Kirwan and Gil Brandt, Fox Sports, and a couple others- most were not impressed and thought that he would be drafted with the sole purpose of converting him to a tackle.

Comment

Working...
                              X