• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bills_7
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
    • Mar 2004

EVANS reed/shaw

if lee evans can play the way everyone says can and adjsut to the NFL quickly, reed is gonna have trouble holding a starting role....

shaw played to good at the slot position last yr to remove him and give reed the slot back(if evans gets the #2).... dont get me wrong reed is good enough to play in the NFL but only as a slot recieve.....

The NFL is a "now" league and reed had his chance last yr and blew it.... and dont tell me it was the coaching.... sure it had something to do with it but we cant be waiting around for him..... he still may get his chance this yr again but he better start off strong cause evans i think willl adjust fast to the NFL.....

why we cant take shaw away from the slot:

2002- reed with an amazing OFF:

rec 37, yrds 509, avg 13.8, TD 2

2003- Shaw w/ basically the worse OFF:

rec 56, yrds 732, avg 13.7, TD 2

of coarse for this to be a discussion we need evans to adjust quickly and get the #2 spot....

and maybe we will even see a lot of 4 or 5 WR formations....

This is going to be a fun season and hopefully playoffs
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

This will be Reed's 3rd year, when most WRs come into their own. I think Reed will be a very productive receiver this year.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bills_7
      TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      This will be Reed's 3rd year, when most WRs come into their own. I think Reed will be a very productive receiver this year.
      ya i know its his third yr and moulds didnt get good till his third yr.... ya ya he didnt do much improving last yr, he may even got worse....

he had his chance and will probably get another chance this yr but he wont be what everyone wants him to be....

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Reed was played out of position and in a new position.. Reed plays before Shaw because of his upside.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Re: EVANS reed/shaw

Originally posted by bills_7
          if lee evans can play the way everyone says can and adjsut to the NFL quickly, reed is gonna have trouble holding a starting role....

shaw played to good at the slot position last yr to remove him and give reed the slot back(if evans gets the #2).... dont get me wrong reed is good enough to play in the NFL but only as a slot recieve.....

The NFL is a "now" league and reed had his chance last yr and blew it.... and dont tell me it was the coaching.... sure it had something to do with it but we cant be waiting around for him..... he still may get his chance this yr again but he better start off strong cause evans i think willl adjust fast to the NFL.....

Glad the Bills brass didn't use this mentality with regards to P. Price or Moulds for that matter. Neither of those two produced until their third year, so why is Reed any different? If push comes to shove, Reed will get the nod over Shaw.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• bills_7
            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
            • Mar 2004

they all showed signs of greatness..... reed has shown nothin..... he showed me that he can drop the ball while hes wide open though

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

they all showed signs of greatness..... reed has shown nothin..... he showed me that he can drop the ball while hes wide open though

Reed showed pretty well in his rookie when he played in the slot with Moulds and Price on the outside. I think Reed will definitely turn it around this year with Moulds, Evans, Shaw around him.

Comment

• bills_7
                TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                • Mar 2004

dont get me worng im hoping he does but its not likely.....
                Originally posted by The Spaz
                Reed showed pretty well in his rookie when he played in the slot with Moulds and Price on the outside. I think Reed will definitely turn it around this year with Moulds, Evans, Shaw around him.
                ya he did play well as a rookie....
                that could be b/c teams focused on EM and PP....

reed had a big push in his 2nd yr and showed no improvments....

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I simply feel that Reed will be good and should be afforded a chance. Shaw is a journeyman with absolutely no upside.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

dont get me worng im hoping he does but its not likely.....

ya he did play well as a rookie....
                    that could be b/c teams focused on EM and PP....

reed had a big push in his 2nd yr and showed no improvments....
                    If Moulds would have stayed healthy the whole year I'm sure that would have helped.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                      • Mar 2004

I dont know if reed played in the slot when peerless was around, i saw a picture of price in the slot. But that was only one picture so who knows.
                      Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                        • Mar 2004

i found the picture. Its in the user zone galaries 2002 when the bills are playing the bengals. Its like a wide screen shot so you can see almost all of the field. Peerless is lined up in the slot and reed is all the way at the bottom and E-MO is at the top. Actually there are 2 pictures with Reed wide and Price in the slot. I dont know if its quincesidence or if thats where price lined up when reed was on the field.
                        Last edited by BillsFanCupp38; 04-29-2004, 11:47 AM.
                        Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I don't hold Reed's sophomore jinx against him. Those things happen sometimes. I always thought that Reed's upside was somewhat limited though. Coming out of college, he was already considered to be a very mature receiver, an excellent route runner with good RAC ability. And last year's early drops not withstanding, he was supposed to possess very good hands. That left me wondering how much he could really improve from his college days. Don't get me wrong, I think he can get better, but the improvement is not going to be the leaps and bounds stuff you might expect from a receiver with awesome physical talent who is very raw. Reed may have enough to beat out Shaw this year, and in any event will have a solid career as a possession receiver from the slot position, but he's never going to have the gawdy stats of a Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, or Terrell Owens, who are true gamebreakers. That ultimately is why Buffalo drafted Lee Evans.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Moulds played worse in his 2nd season then his rookie year so i don't know what kind of greatness you're talking about.

Josh Reed will be fine. He will most likey not be better then Lee Evens but that's ok. Reed will be a solid 3rd string WR and in case Evens or Moulds get hurt, Reed will be a solid starter. I think Reed will have a really solid season because i don't buy that Evens will be great as a rookie, although in his career i think he might be.

I think comparing Bobby Shaw to Josh Reed is pretty off the wall. Shaw did nothing last season either and his prime is past him, while Reed's entire future is ahead of him.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Shaw had more catches last season for obvious reasons. Moulds being injured most of the year would be the biggest reason. For those still talking about Reed's case of the "dropsies" last year please remember that they were all in the beginning of the year. He definitely struggled the first few weeks. He got better during the year and stopped dropping the ball. Remember the big story about how Moulds sat with him and made him watch old college tapes showing him what he's capable of? He gave that week of Moulds' teaching for the reason he was able to turn it around. Besides, it wasn't just him early in the year. Moulds and Shaw were dropping passes as well. He'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X