Thread: Deepest position

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Deepest position

After looking over the depth chart / roster the other day, I didn't realize how deep we are at DT! I think this is our deepest spot with LB a close second.

Bannan probably gets cut and poor Sape doesn't have even a slim chance to make this roster. I like Bannan in reserve so its too bad he probably won't make it. On the other hand I don't think it is a lock that Gibson makes this squad especially if he comes in out of shape and dosen't give it his all which was the knock on him in Cincy. NFL teams will always pick the younger (cheaper) guy if it is close. I need football to start!

DT's
    Williams
    Adams
    Edwards
    Gibson
    Anderson
    Bannan
    Sape
    Tommy D.
    The Voice of Reason

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I think we're almost equally deep at WR.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    yup, WR and DT are definately our two deepest areas
    "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - "It's time to toss the dice."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    LB!!
    Fletcher
    Spikes
    Posey
    Stevenson
    Stamer
    Crowell
    Haggen

We have Talent now and potential to bring along we are all set at LB!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,120 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    The Bills have backup players with potential at most of those positions, but to say they have "depth" is pushing it. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but the backup LB's and guys past the top 4 WR's will have to prove themselves a little more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Goobylal
    The Bills have backup players with potential at most of those positions, but to say they have "depth" is pushing it. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but the backup LB's and guys past the top 4 WR's will have to prove themselves a little more.
    True, I agree. But you have to like the potential of these young guys especially the DT's and LB's.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,120 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by tomdonahoe

True, I agree. But you have to like the potential of these young guys especially the DT's and LB's.
    Oh I do! However potential means you haven't done it yet. I'm more satisfied with guys like Adams, Williams, Gibson and Edwards, although I also have hope for Anderson (I've given up on Bannan and Sape). And I also like the WR corps of Moulds, Reed, Shaw, and Evans (even though he's a rookie, he's got the skills).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Deepest position

After looking over the depth chart / roster the other day, I didn't realize how deep we are at DT! I think this is our deepest spot with LB a close second.

Bannan probably gets cut and poor Sape doesn't have even a slim chance to make this roster. I like Bannan in reserve so its too bad he probably won't make it. On the other hand I don't think it is a lock that Gibson makes this squad especially if he comes in out of shape and dosen't give it his all which was the knock on him in Cincy. NFL teams will always pick the younger (cheaper) guy if it is close. I need football to start!

DT's
    Williams
    Adams
    Edwards
    Gibson
    Anderson
    Bannan
    Sape
    Bannon sucks. Sape is undersized and, not that it really matters, scored one of the lowest scores I've seen, like a 7, on the Wonderlic. That's part of the reason Gibson was signed and Anderson drafted, the other being the fact that PW's contract is up after this year. The Jets game when both Adams and Edwards were out showed the weakness of Bannon and Sape. My impressions of Gibson are just the opposite of yours; that of a hard working overachiever that fits in well with Krumrie's philosophy. I think he is very likely to make the team.
    finsrclowns

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Deepest position

Deepest Position?
    Just go check the Karma Sutra.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    WR doesn't really need to be any deeper than 4 under most circumstances. In an average year the number five WR is rarely going to get on the field. You'd need more than one critical injury at te same time to have to fall back on your #5 and then you practice squad guy.

At DT Buffalo is two deep at both spots with starters since both Edwards and Gibson have starting experience. Anderson has at least the potential of Edwards and far more than Bannan or Sape. That's pretty good. Next year it could start to become an issue with Adams, Williams, and Gibson all getting long in the tooth. I like LB too. We've got enough depth at a couple of other positions, if not an overabundance RB and OT are in pretty good shape. CB isn't bad. Depth is OK at DE, but we don't know for sure we've got two starters.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Jeff1220
    Just go check the Karma Sutra.
    Don't you mean Kama Sutra?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    You teach a course in that, don't you, Phil? Just kidding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by TigerJ
    You teach a course in that, don't you, Phil? Just kidding.
    It's a dirty job but....