Crappy Sabres Attendance can eventually lead to ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

The bigger problem is the stigma that Buffalo has...and that is a topic that can on for days...

As far as spending...it is evident that the Sabres/Adelphia/Rigas family were GIVING away bundles of tix to everygame...we were there the other night and there was as many seats empty in the lower bowl as the upper bowl...there were boxes that were completely empty...the problem goes ALOT deeper than losing the common fan.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• MissBuffalo
        Quiddity
        • Jul 2002

LOL CP--I think I really do love that place!!! But I can't make up my damn mind!!! I really should just get it together and move back. The cost of living out there is a huge attraction. I wouldn't have to make $80,000 a year to buy a house. Plus the whole family thing.
        I think I'm the worst decision maker in the country.
        See me here pushing you
        If I then deny I do
        Contemplate or wish away
        If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

also...hockey is too expensive...41 home games and the cheapest seat is $17 for SEASONS??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            The bigger problem is the stigma that Buffalo has...and that is a topic that can on for days...

As far as spending...it is evident that the Sabres/Adelphia/Rigas family were GIVING away bundles of tix to everygame...we were there the other night and there was as many seats empty in the lower bowl as the upper bowl...there were boxes that were completely empty...the problem goes ALOT deeper than losing the common fan.
            This then brings a new question to mind. If you take away all the free tickets...how many seats were actually getting sold? My guess....it's not much more than what it currently is. That's the big problem, the only way they could get a full house was by giving the seats away. Hmmm. Does this mean that maybe Buffalo never really sold a ton of tickets and it was always 12,000 or so seats, but the rest was free...or what ?

Comment

• clumping platelets

That's a major part of the problem. 41 games........it's difficult to buy seasons knowing that you can't go to some of the games and need to scramble to find someone to buy them from you.

Miss Buffalo: PM!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Apparently....the trend may have gone back further than that...For years EVERY Sabres game was "SOLD OUT". During the 70s and early 80s the box scores and media guide always showed the same number (I think it was 16,433)...and there were always empty seats...All of sudden, even when seats were cheap, the games were not sold out. Freebies have probably been around for a long time.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Then how do WE get some

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    Apparently....the trend may have gone back further than that...For years EVERY Sabres game was "SOLD OUT". During the 70s and early 80s the box scores and media guide always showed the same number (I think it was 16,433)...and there were always empty seats...All of sudden, even when seats were cheap, the games were not sold out. Freebies have probably been around for a long time.
                    So, doesn't this mean that Buffalo might NEVER have been able to support the Sabres...but Rigas gave away tickets to fool the NHL to keep them here?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

What are you guys talking about? In the 16,433 days, they did sell out. They didn't have all the boxes in the Aud that they do in HSBC.

I got my freebies for the Hawks from my pal Tony Zamboni on the ice crew.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Crappy Sabres Attendance can eventually lead to ....

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                        The loss of the Bills, too. If the Sabres leave, the NFL will think long and hard about having a team in Buffalo.

NOT! They are not gonna pull a team that is selling out every game. NHL is rinky dink compared to NFL.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                          • Jul 2002

Buffalo will look like a cow town.

Buffalo is a cow town!:bowl:

Comment

• Judge
                            • Aug 2002

If the Sabres leave, then Buffalo becomes Green Bay. Nobody wants that.
                            Do some research- the metropolitan Buffalo area has 1.2 million people. It isn't Green Bay.

For cryin' out loud- this kind of crap and Eb's "Buffalo's dying" are the WORST attitude possible.
                            Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Rude American
                              EE is my American Idol
                              • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Crappy Sabres Attendance can eventually lead to ....

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

NOT! They are not gonna pull a team that is selling out every game. NHL is rinky dink compared to NFL.
                              NOT! The NHL plays an 82-game season. The NFL plays 16.
                              You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Rude American
                                EE is my American Idol
                                • Jul 2002

8x70=560

41x17=697
                                You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

Working...
                                X