X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

A thought on Bledsoe!

I hope this doesn’t come off as me trying to come up with yet another excuse as to why Drew had a bad year last year. However a few weeks ago something popped into my head and it got me thinking. I don’t remember the exact games but I do remember that Drew did suffer a few concussions last season. And if I remember correctly, both were suffered somewhere in the middle of the season when the offense really hit the skids.

The problem is, I don’t remember the games when the concussions happened. I do know that we had a 4 game 5-week stretch where Drew played some of the worst football of his career. From the KC, Dallas, Houston and Indy game the offense was at it’s worst. Sure there were other bad games, but those 4 were some of the worst.

The local radio guys made a big point about the concussions and that they were surprised that in football where things are more macho guys will play while being concussed. Whereas in Hockey, guys who have tired to play while concussed are usually rendered ineffective. And now, the NHL won’t let a player play until they are symptom free for over 7 days. 2 seasons ago, Maxim Afinagenov missed most of the season and last year Tim Connolly missed the entire year with a concussion.

Is it possible that the concussion hurt his play last year?

Anybody remember in which games the concussions took place? Hell if it was the Tenn and Washington game, my theory is full of crap. But if they happened in the KC and Houston game, I may have something.
    Resign our own guys!
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

Im not sure which games they were either but I think there was 2 concussions and I think they were in the midst of that bad run where we couldnt even score a TD.

Very valid point. Look at that game that Kurt Warner played last year the first week vs the Giants. He was concussed and had like 6 fumbles. I could imagine that may have contributed to things like him not being able to hit simple screen passes to guys wide open during that streak last year.

Comment

• Valerie
      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
      • Jul 2002

If he did get a concussion, then why was he playing? I thought they took hurt people out of play, regardless of how macho they think they are. And, if that is the case and Drew was really hurt that badly, he's just as dumb as the coaches and trainers.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
      The only answer I found for all this hurt
      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

It's just the football attitude.

Drew very rarely misses games. Unless his spleen is ripped out. The guy plays thru injury.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Valerie
          If he did get a concussion, then why was he playing? I thought they took hurt people out of play, regardless of how macho they think they are. And, if that is the case and Drew was really hurt that badly, he's just as dumb as the coaches and trainers.
          Maybe you dont understand because you are a woman........no offense.....but foolisah pride and the everlasting will to win make men do some things that in hind sight they should not have done.

Comment

• Valerie
            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
            • Jul 2002

No offense taken. But, isn't that why there are trainers, coaches and medical personnel on the field with the players? To make that decision for them? I'm not trying to be funny, but if Patrick is right and Drew's concussion did result in his piss poor play, then it was obviously a serious injury and the people in charge of his health and the well-being of the team are very much at fault!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
            The only answer I found for all this hurt
            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

You would think they would have some sort of concussion protection for their players, but the league doesn't. If the player says they're fine, Then he plays.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                I hope this doesn?t come off as me trying to come up with yet another excuse as to why Drew had a bad year last year.

It did.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

drew has had a concussion his whole career.. with brief moments of clarity against scrub teams with crappy defenses.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• buffmaniac
                    • May 2003

I doubt the concussion affected Drew's play. On the other hand the bad coaching, poor OL play, and no playmakers at WR did affect Drew's play last year.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

Could be. There are a lot of factors. I think Moulds being injured killed him too.

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        drew has had a concussion his whole career.. with brief moments of clarity against scrub teams with crappy defenses.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Bledsoe first suffered a concussion against Indianapolis in the 3rd quarter, the 11th game of the season. It actually did effect his play.

Through the first half of the Indy game, a clear-headed Drew went 196-for-329 (59.6%), 2,083 Yds (6.33 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 8 Int, 74.1 QB Rating.

From the 2nd half of the Indy game on, the concussed Drew went 78-for-142 (54.9%), 777 Yds (5.47 Yds/Att), 5 TD, 4 Int, 70.7 QB Rating.

Thus, the numbers clearly show Drew went from playing awful to slightly more awful after suffering a concussion in the 3rd quarter of the Indy game.

Comment

• Kramer
                            • May 2004

It is my opinion that if Drew did have a nasty concussion that there would have been no way that he could of finished strong at the end of the season. By strong I mean playing better than he did for the first 11 games. But that is not saying much, now is it?
                            But we will never know if he could of played better will we?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                              Bledsoe first suffered a concussion against Indianapolis in the 3rd quarter, the 11th game of the season. It actually did effect his play.

Through the first half of the Indy game, a clear-headed Drew went 196-for-329 (59.6%), 2,083 Yds (6.33 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 8 Int, 74.1 QB Rating.

From the 2nd half of the Indy game on, the concussed Drew went 78-for-142 (54.9%), 777 Yds (5.47 Yds/Att), 5 TD, 4 Int, 70.7 QB Rating.

Thus, the numbers clearly show Drew went from playing awful to slightly more awful after suffering a concussion in the 3rd quarter of the Indy game.

Comment

Working...
                              X