According to Paul Hamilton - - Troy Vincent is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
    no one said he hurt him intentionally. Is it so far fetched to think in the heat of the moment he laid his pads into him when he should not have?
    I agree...nobody says he hurt him intentionally...I just think he may have hit him intentionally...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Parrotfish
      • Sep 2003

Funny, but I'm sure if that had been RJ people would be blaming him for getting injured. Everyone here is piling on Troy Vincent. Sounds like minimal contact was made and JP made a klutz move. Very reminiscent of RJ.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Parrotfish
        Funny, but I'm sure if that had been RJ people would be blaming him for getting injured. Everyone here is piling on Troy Vincent. Sounds like minimal contact was made and JP made a klutz move. Very reminiscent of RJ.
        don't go there...I brought up the same point and folks were very defensive that JP was tough and was never injured before...time will tell...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
          If true thats stupid and should be changed. I bet they are not allowed to hit Vick in falcons camp if he runs

I can back that up having been to Falcons camp, you lay a hand on vick when he's running let alone a shoulder, your running laps for the rest of practice. Im with Eb and FTG on this one. Red Shirt means no hit, meant it when I played ball in HS and our QB sucked. I dont see why TV hit him accidental or not especially if what Mularkey says is true (which according to Spaz is) that Losman was pulling up on the play to stop. I also cant possibly in any way see how anybody can say that Losman deserved the hit. He has yet to cause a disruptance in camp that was reported. I dont get it, and I want a goddamn explanation as to why TV laid a shoulder into him!
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BUFFALONRTH76
            • Aug 2004

I agree, I'd like an explanation why TV laid his shoulder into him too, but I think we got it already. I could see TV hitting JP intentionally, but I believe the intent to hurt JP was not there at all. Who knows what goes on and is said behind closed doors and amongst teammates.. Maby JP did get a little cocky ( He IS Good, that is for sure..) But he's also young and he's playing in a league amongst grown men, maby he did need to get taught a lesson, maby he didn't, I really don't think we'll ever know, what I do know is from what I've seen of him in the pre season, I think he's going to be one of the great ones!

Comment

• BUFFALONRTH76
              • Aug 2004

Now, the thing I'm worried about is..... In the long run, do you think this injury will hamper/alter/hinder/change his play ( style, and overall performance)???

Comment

• FTG
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BUFFALONRTH76
                Now, the thing I'm worried about is..... In the long run, do you think this injury will hamper/alter/hinder/change his play ( style, and overall performance)???
                hopefully he learns to run out of bounds and avoid being hit. I don't think there will be any othe changes in his play
                Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• That Guy
                  • Apr 2004

Is this going to change how soon he starts, though? I've been thinking that he could take over as soon as next year, and now I don't know if he's really going to be ready.

Comment

• FTG
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by That Guy
                    Is this going to change how soon he starts, though? I've been thinking that he could take over as soon as next year, and now I don't know if he's really going to be ready.

If we have a successful season Drew will be starting again next year and this injury won't really hurt. If we blow and Drew does too, this will hurt because Drew will probably be gone and JP expected to start

Comment

• finsrclowns
                      • Apr 2004

The outcome is what is upsetting. If TV gives JP a little pop for turning upfield in a 2 minute drill to send a message to a headstrong rookie and JP bounces right back up, is anyone mad at Vincent? No, most of us would say the kid may have learned a lesson that apparently he was a bit slow in getting- that being that NFL defensive players are fast like he is and wacking a running QB is high on every defenders list.

But because JP sustains a freak injury TV is the boogey man. Uh uh. TV shouldn't have hit him but if he saves JP a major injury in the future when we really need him on the field it might be worth it.
                      finsrclowns

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

The funniest part about all of this is...that everyone says that the red jersey is why you don't hit Losman or the others. Did you guys know what they were wearing last training camp? White jerseys, just like the rest of the offense. Does that give the defense the ability to hit the QBs last year? They werent wearing red jerseys.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Red jerseys are worn so stupid **** like this doesn't happen. No contact means NO ****ING CONTACT!! Even a slight bump is supposed to be off limits because of exactly what happened to Losman.

Troy Vincent should be made to wear Losman's jock on his head at every practice until JP is healthy.

Comment

• FTG
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            The funniest part about all of this is...that everyone says that the red jersey is why you don't hit Losman or the others. Did you guys know what they were wearing last training camp? White jerseys, just like the rest of the offense. Does that give the defense the ability to hit the QBs last year? They werent wearing red jerseys.

Greg Williams........Nuff said

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by FTG
                              Greg Williams........Nuff said

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                                • Jul 2002

I'd rather see Troy break the leg of a QB wearing a blue jersey (Brady) or green jersey (Pennington) than our QB wearing a red jersey. Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
                                X