According to Paul Hamilton - - Troy Vincent is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
    all good points... yeah.. if he crosses the line.. he is a rb now.

and yeah.. he should learn to slide.

and yeah.. the controvesy is dead for sure now..

but that is ridiculous about vincent..

yeah.. lets beleive some nobody beat reporter over the guy who was right there..

wonder why we havent heard from losman yet..

again.. some stupid controversy stirred up by the media or an agent, and has nothing to do with the players.

doesnt really matter at this point.. the kid is hurt.. and he got hit because he deserved it.. he is starting to think he is a rb.. well i guess the rb should not have let up when he cut back inside.

Right on! I'm getting so sick of the media and the over analyzing. I mean is this football or a soap opera?

They put these morons on air for 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week and they have to make up stuff to talk about. They cover football like politics. They’re never happy unless they find some sort of controversy.

That douche bag Jerry Sullivan is the worst, I think he’s pissed that he never got on PTI or Around the Horn because every one of his pieces is loaded with sarcasm. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to talk about or listen to football anymore. I just want to watch the games! Just let the players play.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      Right on! I'm getting so sick of the media and the over analyzing. I mean is this football or a soap opera?

They put these morons on air for 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week and they have to make up stuff to talk about. They cover football like politics. They’re never happy unless they find some sort of controversy.

That douche bag Jerry Sullivan is the worst, I think he’s pissed that he never got on PTI or Around the Horn because every one of his pieces is loaded with sarcasm. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to talk about or listen to football anymore. I just want to watch the games! Just let the players play.
      did you like me on the radio this morning telling Bob Gaughn that he was way over-reacting???

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Not that I want JP injured but his insistence of not sliding WILL turn him into a Rob Johnson . Thank heavens it happened while he isn't the starter. Hopefully he'll learn from this. Go Zolman!!!!
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          did you like me on the radio this morning telling Bob Gaughn that he was way over-reacting???

Was listening to Stern. But now I'm pissed, When did you call and what happened?
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            you could please explain that one...nobody ever deserves a broken leg at the hands of his own teammate...no fan would want that...

i didnt say he deserved a broken leg..

i said that he is hurt.. and he deserved to be HIT.. if he wants to act like a tough guy RB.. then he needs to be hit like a RB..

unfortunately.. he looks a little fragile.. because it was not like he took a massive shot.. troy leaned into the kid a little, and his leg snapped like a twig.

i wish i could say that this doesnt sound frightningly similar to rob johnson.. but it does.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

and his leg snapped like a twig.

You'd make a great reporter. Nice overreaction/ exaxggeration.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pride
                I am pretty sure that even with a red jersey on, if the QB crosses the line of scrimmage, he is fair game. If that IS indeed the case, I have no problem with it.

JP shouldnt be running like he is, should be sliding if he does, and broken legs are not everyday injuries.

This also ensures he doesnt play this year on the field... and the QB controversy was just stopped dead in its tracks.
                I agree. This isn't powderpuff, it's the NFL. If JP was "letting up", aka slowing down - running half assed, on the play like Hamilton is suggesting, then he gets what is coming to him... and that goes for every guy on the team, not just JP. There is no way that Vincent was out to intentionally injure one of his teammates... that just something that doesn't happen amongst teammates at any level of football. I think JP learned his leason that if he's gonna stick his nose in there on every play, esp at this level, he better go hard or this is what will happen. Like my old coach said... "you take a play off and you will wind up dead".

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  You'd make a great reporter. Nice overreaction/ exaxggeration.
                  he took a bump in the shoulder and broke his leg..

snapping like a twig would be my way of saying he took a shot that most nfl players could have taken but ended up breaking his leg.

i should have explained better though.

i hope it was a freak thing.. i dont want to deal with another RJ.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

snapping like a twig would be my way of saying he took a shot that most nfl players could have taken but ended up breaking his leg.

OK, now I see why you think I created two threads comparing JP to RJ...notice I did not mention RJ in this thread??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

It wasn't really the fact that he took a bump in his shoulder. I think what happened is, he was running, and ran into Vincent, the hit knocked him down and he probably twisted his leg some weird way as he was going down. That put stress on the bone, and it cracked. Believe me, he's not another RJ.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        I think what happened is,
                        .....but Mikey was there and witnessed it himself.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

WGR ****ing sucks an dalways have since the days of Chuck "The Coach" Dickerson. Oh an ddid I mention they said we were keeping Flutie according to ther sources when really someone just faxed them a lletter and put associated press on the botom of it,

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

I don't know why people are getting all bent on Vincent when, even if he drilled him in the chest with his shoulder, that wouldn't cause a broken leg. It had to have been a freak accident.

Even Mularkey said that Losman let up at the end and that he should never do that.

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

sounds accurate to me, and if so, that is pretty crappy on TV's part. Even if he didn't mean to sideline him, that is pretty f**ked up.
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• tampabay25690
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Pride
                                I am pretty sure that even with a red jersey on, if the QB crosses the line of scrimmage, he is fair game. If that IS indeed the case, I have no problem with it.

JP shouldnt be running like he is, should be sliding if he does, and broken legs are not everyday injuries.

This also ensures he doesnt play this year on the field... and the QB controversy was just stopped dead in its tracks.
                                I agree a little bit but I bet he wasn't ready for the hit.....REMEMBER, it is his own team isn't it!!!!! Then why would you hit your QB anyway!!!
                                GO Gators!!!!!!
                                GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X