• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I like Mularkey, but...

...I wish we would have waited for Weiss. He's a genius.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Agreed. I was just telling I guy at work today that I wish Weiss would've been hired. Oh well... I do like Mularkey. He seems aight.

Byrd.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

geez.. at least give mularkey a chance.. tom clements might be a genius too.

right?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
        geez.. at least give mularkey a chance.. tom clements might be a genius too.

right?
        I would have preferred Weiss. I'm not complaining about Mularkey, but I prefer Weiss.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
          ...I wish we would have waited for Weiss. He's a genius.
          Agreed. TD passed on Fox and Lewis, and we know how that turned out.

Still, I'm willing to give MM a shot. Until we see him in the regular season we really don't know how it is going to go. We could be surprised.

Or pissed.......again.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

TD didn't pass on Lewis..get the facts straight. Lewis passed on us.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              TD didn't pass on Lewis..get the facts straight. Lewis passed on us.
              Just 'cuz Weis is a good play builder doesn't imply he would be a good Head Coach. It's not all game planning. There's a lot more too the job.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• thenry20
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                Agreed. TD passed on Fox and Lewis, and we know how that turned out.

Still, I'm willing to give MM a shot. Until we see him in the regular season we really don't know how it is going to go. We could be surprised.

Or pissed.......again.
                Wow, some people are selectively blind to the facts.

Lewis spit on TD when offered the job!!!!

Fox didn't want it either because he knew the team was in rebuilding mode.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

For my 3,000th post (pretty pathetic beside LOG and Philster I know), maybe Mularkey is this year's John Fox or Marvin Lewis. Personally, I don't like to look back and second guess team decisions, at least not until after they turn sour. LOL
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Wow would you let the coaching staff coach there 1st game damn????

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                      Yes I will. I was simply expressing my feelings that I would have preferred Weiss. Is there a problem with that?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I like how Weis looks. He's edgy.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                          Agreed... Lets let MM and crew get a couple under their belts before we start screaming for a replacement.. LoL.. but no i understand what the guys are saying... We got who we got because of TD and i honestly dont think it was a horrible choice.. but time will tell as with all things...
                          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                            I like how Weis looks. He's edgy.
                            EDGY.. LoL..
                            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                              • Mar 2004

just 2 comments for me.... 1 positive, 1 neg.

1- (pos) Wasn't GW a "genious" on defensive schemes? Not passing judgement on Weiss, just trying to point out that being a great coordinator doesn't necessarily mean being a great HC.

and

2- (neg) Now, I watch a LOT of football. I admit Pittsburgh is not high on my list of MUST see game, unless they are playing Baltimore. Now, I can say, of what I saw at least, in 3 years of Mularkey being the OC in Pitts, I never once though "man this is a great Offense... who is coaching it?"....

2b- (just to not sound too negative, i'll play devil's advocate to myself)... BUT I think that Pittsburgh lacked any TRUE weapons on Offense that could amekt hem really impressive... i mean making the playoffs with Kordell Stewart as your QB MUST count for something. And their O players developed very nicely while he was there (Ward, and Burress for a while was.)
                              Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 09-10-2004, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X