Give Me A Break People, Pats are the Best...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Give Me A Break People, Pats are the Best...

Why cant' the majority of this board sack up and admit that until someone proves otherwise the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

The comments people are making are downright foolish and come across as ignorant. Two years ago I might have said Brady's success was a product of good coaching and play calling. That is certainly not the only reason anymore, he is extremely accurate, composed, driven, etc, etc. I know the Colts offense outplayed the Pats defense, and I am as pissed as anyone that they lost. But good teams find a way to win, Edge's fumble on the goalline was a result of the huge shot that Wilfork put on him as the second man in. I realize some of this is denial and homerism but it doesn't come across well. I am as big a Bills fan as any, watched the Juice run wild at Rich when I was knee high. Saw the greatest comeback ever, went to two SB's, etc.... But come on folks, this team is great, no excuses.
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
    Why cant' the majority of this board sack up and admit that until someone proves otherwise the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

The comments people are making are downright foolish and come across as ignorant. Two years ago I might have said Brady's success was a product of good coaching and play calling. That is certainly not the only reason anymore, he is extremely accurate, composed, driven, etc, etc. I know the Colts offense outplayed the Pats defense, and I am as pissed as anyone that they lost. But good teams find a way to win, Edge's fumble on the goalline was a result of the huge shot that Wilfork put on him as the second man in. I realize some of this is denial and homerism but it doesn't come across well. I am as big a Bills fan as any, watched the Juice run wild at Rich when I was knee high. Saw the greatest comeback ever, went to two SB's, etc.... But come on folks, this team is great, no excuses.

I thought this thread was about me. It would have been way cooler if it were.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

the Pats find ways to win.they don't really excel in one area but play above-average in all aspects of the game.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL.
        I would say that there are more QB's with better skills than him... but he certainly has played better than any other QB in recent memory, and I think it's simply because he has a good team around him... his recievers are ALWAYS open. I couldn't keep track of how many times I saw him pass to a reciever with virtually no coverage last night. But to his credit he rarely makes a bad play and he gets rid of the ball extremely quick.

Just watching some of the plays/throws he made last night I was in awe, esp that cross-field pass late in the game... you don't see many QB's with enough smarts to make that kind of pass.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i have always know the pats are good and that tom brady is great.. but i dont have to talk about it.. and it makes me feel better to say that they suck.. so i will keep doing.

f the pats

f brady.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dr. Optimist, SB
            Veteran Zoner
            • Aug 2004

Brady Blows!

Comment

• HAMMER
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
              i have always know the pats are good and that tom brady is great.. but i dont have to talk about it.. and it makes me feel better to say that they suck.. so i will keep doing.

f the pats

f brady.

That I can understand.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

That I can understand.

Well think of it this way, How did you cope from 1988 thru 1998 with losing to the Bills all the time?
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Hey HAMMER from San Diego..I dare you to live here in NE and say that. You'll change your tune in no time!
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HAMMER
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    Well think of it this way, How did you cope from 1988 thru 1998 with losing to the Bills all the time?
                    I don't think you read my first post entirely, I am a HUGE Bills fan.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

I don't think you read my first post entirely, I am a HUGE Bills fan.

My bad. I'm just in a silly, F-around Mode today. Not really taking anything seriously.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I read it...try being a Bills fan in New England. It sucks!
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

f the pats

f brady.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                            • Jul 2003

You guys watch and see. MMul will come out with 4 and 5 wide with no RB so we can pick apart the Jags just like the PATS, cause with Drews escapability and our O line they cant pressure the QB enough to fluster him. And..........scene. You have just witnessed a Bills wet fantasy.
                            In Marv We Trust
                            The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

f the pats

f brady.

My feelings exactly!!

Comment

Working...
                              X