X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Too Conservative O playcalling

What happened to the so called creative playcalling that Mularkey was suppose to bring?

I didn't like our offensive play calls. How many times did we challenge their cb's for more than 10 yds? The first time we scored a TD the second one we completed to Campbell granted he dropped the ball but either ways it was a completion.

I hate to say this but in the process of trying to make this a balanced attack, we didn't make them pay for stacking the line w/ 8 players like we did last year. I'm not sure if the emphasis of making Drew release the ball in 4 secs. or less is preventing us from going deep. If this is the case then maybe we should switch to a WCO. Our OL was holding well enough to take chances every now and then for more than 10 yds.

I mean cmon, Moulds, Reed, Evans, those are weapons made for long balls. If we are gonna make our wr run 5-10 yds put Reed back in the slot .

Hell, Brady supposedly has a weak arm but they sure made him throw more than ten yds more often than we did..

Our D was great but they can only do so much. Welcome to last year. The Raiders are suppose to be better than the Jags.

We could very well start 0-3.

This play calling was too conservative that you would think Wanny was our OC.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-12-2004, 07:24 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

I've seen this several times already. How are the Raiders supposed to be better? Didn't they pick 2nd overall in the draft this year? Wasn't their defense and offense old and slow? Didn't the Raiders lose to a poor Steeler team this week?

I just don't see it.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      What happened to the so called creative playcalling that Mularkey was suppose to bring?

I didn't like our offensive play calls. How many times did we challenge their cb's for more than 10 yds? The first time we scored a TD the second one we completed to Campbell granted he dropped the ball but either ways it was a completion.

I hate to say this but in the process of trying to make this a balanced attack, we didn't make them pay for stacking the line w/ 8 players like we did last year. I'm not sure if the emphasis of making Drew release the ball in 4 secs. or less is preventing us from going deep. If this is the case then maybe we should switch to a WCO. Our OL was holding well enough to take chances every now and then for more than 10 yds.

I mean cmon, Moulds, Reed, Evans, those are weapons made for long balls. If we are gonna make our wr run 5-10 yds put Reed back in the slot .

Hell, Brady supposedly has a weak arm but they sure made him throw more than ten yds more often than we did..

Our D was great but they can only do so much. Welcome to last year. The Raiders are suppose to be better than the Jags.

We could very well start 0-3.

This play calling was too conservative that you would think Wanny was our OC.

Yea Please.... "the Raiders are supposed to be better"

Thats just a really dumb thing to say.
      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• chubluv
        BillsZone bowling team MVP
        • Jan 2003

I also thought the playcalling was conservative until we got inside the 10 yrd line then all off a sudden gilbride showed up and we passed. I mean come on 1st & goal from the 3 and u run twice. Then you throw that horrible pass play in with only one wideout. Henry should have smashed it in there 2 more times if needed for the TD....

We are in 5th place
        Clump is on the IR
        Chubluv average is 167
        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
          I've seen this several times already. How are the Raiders supposed to be better? Didn't they pick 2nd overall in the draft this year? Wasn't their defense and offense old and slow? Didn't the Raiders lose to a poor Steeler team this week?

I just don't see it.
          check their line-up. They have Ted Wanshington and co. that will make it hard for us to run. Norv Turner beat us with Fiedler and co. They are now way a slouch. We couldn't even beat a jags team in our own turf.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I think we should know from experience that you can't judge how good a team really is just by looking at their roster
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
              Yea Please.... "the Raiders are supposed to be better"

Thats just a really dumb thing to say.
              What's dumb about that? They scored 21 pts. against the Pitts and we barely scored against the Jags "AT HOME". We're not playing at home next week.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                I think we should know from experience that you can't judge how good a team really is just by looking at their roster
                I know, we have a great roster and see what happened Okay let's not compare rosters, let's just look at our team......... well?
                sacrifice1

Comment

• gsobie
                  • Jan 2004

check their line-up. They have Ted Wanshington and co. that will make it hard for us to run. Norv Turner beat us with Fiedler and co. They are now way a slouch. We couldn't even beat a jags team in our own turf.
                  I got the Raiders/ Steelers game here and I can tell you the Raiders looked like crap. They scored their two TDs on the exact same play, a pump fake by Gannon which brought in the safeties and left their WR wide open.

Duce Staley didn't have much of a problem running through Washington and Sapp. The only thing the Raiders have going for them next week is they are at home.
                  aka: NCBillsfan

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gsobie
                    The only thing the Raiders have going for them next week is they are at home.
                    that's what scares me.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

If anything, I hope Moulds comes out w/ a vengeance against the Raiders. All these "he's faster than I've ver seen him" and yet they don't use this so called speed. Throw the damn ball deep dangit.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

If anything, I hope Moulds comes out w/ a vengeance against the Raiders. All these "he's faster than I've ver seen him" and yet they don't use this so called speed. Throw the damn ball deep dangit.

Moulds may get shut down in this game which could lead to trouble

Moulds vs. Woodson.

We should definitly run the ball and if we lost this one.... theres a good chance we start off the season 0-4.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Moulds may get shut down in this game which could lead to trouble

Moulds vs. Woodson.

We should definitly run the ball and if we lost this one.... theres a good chance we start off the season 0-4.
                          I am wondering how Mularkey made Burress and Ward both 1000 yds recievers. You would think he could do the same w/ our wr's. Compared to the way Charlie Wiess made those calls against the Colts...... I'm not sure the bills are gonna go anywhere if this is the best Clements can do. We didn't even face an dominant D.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

I am wondering how Mularkey made Burress and Ward both 1000 yds recievers. You would think he could do the same w/ our wr's. Compared to the way Charlie Wiess made those calls against the Colts...... I'm not sure the bills are gonna go anywhere if this is the best Clements can do. We didn't even face an dominant D.

What?!?

Jacksonvilles Defense will be a top 5 this year,mark my words.

That have a very solid defense... .you complain about conservative play calling but, isn't that what we asked for?

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

What?!?

Jacksonvilles Defense will be a top 5 this year,mark my words.

That have a very solid defense... .you complain about conservative play calling but, isn't that what we asked for?
                              I guarantee you they will suck against the pass. That's the point. We didn't even test their suspect secondary today.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X