X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

A lot of good teams lost their opener today

i guess kansas city has no shot at the playoffs?

or i guess since detroit won.. they are destined for the superbowl?

we won huge last year at the opener.. did a lot of good.

i was pissed at first.. but i saw some things that were very positive today.

we have a good team. it will get better as the year goes on.

drew played well.. and the line was pretty good too, against a tough front 4.

the defense played well most of the game.

tko, wire, and reese botched one play bad.

lindell still scares me.

overall.. the season is far from over and we will get better.

i am over this loss.

on to oakland. we will win that game. i guarentee it.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

apparently you didnt watch the OAK game today did you, they are tougher than JAX
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Yup!

Tough loss, but one we can grow on. I want to see how they rebound.

Ditto on Lindel.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        apparently you didnt watch the OAK game today did you, they are tougher than JAX
        i did actually.. we are a better rushing team that pitt.. and we will eat them up...

and our defense is better than pitts..

i am not concerned at all to be honest..

but you can believe that oakland is awesome if you want.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I didnt say they were awesome but their pass rush is a hell of alot better than JAX. Although I agree we should be able to run on them and their 3-4 easier, but they will cause turnovers and Gannon seems to have a knack to keep his team in it. We gotta stop Porter, thats the key, unfortunately I dont know if Nate is up to the job or not. Im concerned with our DL v. their OL. Should be a good matchup I think this game will be close but I had a better feeling v. Jags.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

our corners are better than pitts, and they shut down porter completely.

and there pass rush is not "a hell of a lot" better.

sorry.. your drunk.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I look forward to reposting this thread after the oakland game. Maybe after we're 0-2 you'll wake up. This team is doomed to a 7-9 season and another mid level draft pick.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                I look forward to reposting this thread after the oakland game. Maybe after we're 0-2 you'll wake up. This team is doomed to a 7-9 season and another mid level draft pick.

hey.. you do that..

or come back here and eat a big ass plate of crow when your wrong.. how bout that?

i hate it when fans whine nonstop.. it is alot easier to cry and piss and moan and say "the sky is falling" after a loss... then when they win you can just be pleasantly surprised i guess.

i am not saying that they are going to win the superbowl.. but i am also not saying that they wont either..

i am promising that they will beat oakland..

but if after a bills loss, you get off on coming back and making people feel like idiots for predicting a win, then more power too you.. come back and do that.. and i will gladly say "oh arctic.. your so smart.. best bills fan ever.. way to predict that we would be 0-2! your the best!"

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  hey.. you do that..

or come back here and eat a big ass plate of crow when your wrong.. how bout that?

i hate it when fans whine nonstop.. it is alot easier to cry and piss and moan and say "the sky is falling" after a loss... then when they win you can just be pleasantly surprised i guess.

i am not saying that they are going to win the superbowl.. but i am also not saying that they wont either..

i am promising that they will beat oakland..

but if after a bills loss, you get off on coming back and making people feel like idiots for predicting a win, then more power too you.. come back and do that.. and i will gladly say "oh arctic.. your so smart.. best bills fan ever.. way to predict that we would be 0-2! your the best!"

Oh yes, excuse me for expecting after 4 years that we finally get our act together. And excuse me for daring to disagree with the almighty and all knowing Tatonka who everybody on this board knows is the expert on anything and everything that deals with the Bills. Anybody who dares disagree with you is immediately wrong and subject to ridicule by you. Some things never change.

How about I sit in my corner and wait with baited breath for your next words of wisdom. After all, you know EVERYTHING and anybody who dares disagree with you is just plain wrong.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

The bottom line is that this offense still only managed 10 pts. Since last year's blowout of NE, they have averaged 13.8 pts/game, with basically the same offense minus the coaching. So that's enough evidence to say this is more of the same and not an anomaly IMO.
                    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 09-13-2004, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Without reading the replies, I have this to say...
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

Tatonka,
                        Every once in a while you do show that you do know something.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

I agree I was pissed to at first. But really the team played really well Drew, O-line etc.. the D was great except 2 plays and if moulds did not fumble we would have iced the game. I think we cleaned up the penalties I did not see alot. anyone want to research and see how we compared against other teams in that dept.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

I think we should have won the game...and it also was our last chance to be above .500 this season. JAX was so horrible on offense...Leftwhich seemed to be having great trouble throwing the ball in bounds not to mention actually hitting a receiver. Yes, our defense played well but JAX also played crappy.

There is no excuse for losing that game and no set of rose colored glasses is going to wash that vision away. Our defense gave the offense the ball inside the ten yard line...they drove to the one and had a first down and did not score a TD. We missed field goals and didn't make attempts that we needed to win the game. It was a pathetic display yesterday...we insisted on having a team that was playing poorly beat us. Face it, this team has a few upsides but is overall a lay down and die team. See you next season.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                              I don't think the Raiders ARE very good. If that attitude is taken, I would just like to know WHERE the 7 wins are coming from? If we can't beat the second worst team in the league from last year, we are in more trouble than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X