X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Players starting to crack already?

John Madden said that he would be willing to accept a salary cap to save the upcoming hockey season.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

...or a couple of Turduckens

Comment

• Myers57
      Registered User and McLovin stunt double
      • Sep 2003

I don't think he is cracking, I think he is a resonable player who wants to play...

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
        I don't think he is cracking, I think he is a resonable player who wants to play...
        he is not the unreasonable man in charge of the union...see ya in 2006.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Đ²
          • Aug 2004

John Madden is a scrub who would be lucky to make $1.8 million...

Let's see how many times his teamates pass the puck to him for scoring opportunities after he made those comments.

Ahm George W. Bush and Ah will protect America !

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Đ²

Let's see how many times his teamates pass the puck to him for scoring opportunities after he made those comments.
            won't matter...if there is no game before 2006 many of the guys over 32 will be out anyway...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Đ²
              • Aug 2004

That's why the players are holding out...so the young guys coming up don't get screwed with a ridiculous lowball 14-year deal like the owners are proposing. Most of the high dollar guys have already made their fortune, so it's a matter of principle to them, and like I say, most have deeper pockets than half the current NHL owners.

If the high-priced vets cared only about money, they would screw the kids coming into the league and push to settle now because existing contracts are grandfathered for 2-3 years, I believe.

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Đ²

I dont know if i would call a Selke award winner a scrub. Hes probably pulling in more than 3 million, if not four.
                N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• Đ²
                  • Aug 2004

My apologies....

Madden signed for $2 million this year, the same salary that that scrub, Tie Domi made last year (if you don't count the $25,000 in cash he got from his brother)

Comment

• SkateZilla
                    • Dec 2002

they are cracking because they have no job or insurance,

so if htye get hurt or their family gets hurt they are slapped witht he huge bill and no money to pay for it...

take away anyones paycheck and insurance and they'll crack..
                    Skate Zilla
                    -----------------------
                    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Myers57
                      • Sep 2003

Whats with you and insurance?

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
                        Whats with you and insurance?

Numours Sports Site Already Stated, Most of hte High Paid Players With Huge Contracts Invilving Millions Also Used Insurance Companies Owned By the NHL.

As a Result of the Lockout Those Services Are Locked As Well..

Which Means No Medical Insurance... For the player or his family if he has one..

i dont know about you.. but when i broke my arm the bill came up to roughly $12,000 (Xrays, Materials, Physical Therapy, Muscle Surgery, Greedy Doctors that charge about $500/hour plus other crap, drugs... Etc) Insurance Covered 11,500 Of it

I Dont remember how much It was when i seriously Screwed up my knee to the point where i wasnt able to walk foir a month and a half but image around $3,000..
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                          • Sep 2003

Comment

• Myers57
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                            Numours Sports Site Already Stated, Most of hte High Paid Players With Huge Contracts Invilving Millions Also Used Insurance Companies Owned By the NHL.

As a Result of the Lockout Those Services Are Locked As Well..

Which Means No Medical Insurance... For the player or his family if he has one..

i dont know about you.. but when i broke my arm the bill came up to roughly $12,000 (Xrays, Materials, Physical Therapy, Muscle Surgery, Greedy Doctors that charge about $500/hour plus other crap, drugs... Etc) Insurance Covered 11,500 Of it

I Dont remember how much It was when i seriously Screwed up my knee to the point where i wasnt able to walk foir a month and a half but image around $3,000..
                            haha i have not been in the hospital for a while but I guess it is an important issue...

I don't feel any pity for the players because i am sure they can find their own insurance in the upcoming year...

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'm not shedding any tears for the players.

Comment

Working...
                              X