Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys should think about getting "Patriots Reign"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys should think about getting "Patriots Reign"

"Patriots Reign" is a book just released by Michael Holley (formerly of the Boston Globe). He was given inside access to the Patriots for 2 years, in 2002 and 2003, and this book covers that time frame.

While Bills fans may think initially they would not like the book, there are sections covering the Bledsoe and Milloy situations which are must reads. It provides suprisingly detailed descriptions of what went on.

There are other sections that are of interest to general football fans, such as when how the operation works is discussed, that is interesting. However, the parts on the Milloy and Bledsoe leave no doubt why those players were let go.

The thing that makes this book interesting is the rare honesty of it, the true behind-the-scenes view. It isn't a highly technical view or a hard read, but it surprises with some things that are said. For instance, the Pats coaches state right in the book they think Buffalo's OL is crap and that Nate Clements is vulnerable to the deep pass (this was 2002). That may not be ground-breaking, but it is surprising to read in a book given the teams will paly in a few weeks.

There is definitely more in this book for a Pats fan than anyone else, but the sections relevant to the Bills are interesting as well. That includes the Bledsoe and Milloy situations, as well as how the Pats game-planned against them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If I run out of Charmin I'll make sure I pick up a copy.

"Let's Roll"
    Todd Beamer
    Flight 93
    9/11/01

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Why don't you just tell us about the 2 pages we care about?

You can go buy "Relentless" too to find out what Lou Saban said about Gino Cappiletti. Those 2 sentences would be VERY interesting to Pats fans.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    LOL

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Thanks for the tip NE39. I might just pick up that book. Despite the cynicism of my fellow BillsZone cohorts here, I'm always interested in seeing what goes on behind the scenes of other teams. I read Gruden's book and that offered a fantastic insight on what it takes to make it as an up and coming coach in the league. Look guys, I know it's the Pats, but it might be worth a trip to Borders to grab the book and a coffee and at least read the important stuff.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by superbills
    Thanks for the tip NE39. I might just pick up that book. Despite the cynicism of my fellow BillsZone cohorts here, I'm always interested in seeing what goes on behind the scenes of other teams. I read Gruden's book and that offered a fantastic insight on what it takes to make it as an up and coming coach in the league. Look guys, I know it's the Pats, but it might be worth a trip to Borders to grab the book and a coffee and at least read the important stuff.
    No it's not.

What's next, Don Shula's memoirs?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Thaks for the info NE39. I love the sport, and it sounds like an interesting read.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Thailog80
    If I run out of Charmin I'll make sure I pick up a copy.
    @Hemlepp53

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I might go to Borders and grab the book take a walk to the coffe shop inside and read the bit while I drink my coffee.. Then put it back... I sometimes Use Borders Like a Libaray...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    There is a lot more than a couple pages in the book about the Bills. It is a very good read for any football fan...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    There is a lot more than a couple pages in the book about the Bills. It is a very good read for any football fan...
    Is there a chapter that talks about how Bellichek was when Doanahoe actually gave him a #1 for Bledsoe?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    next book recomdonation - Neil Lomax - my years as a Cardnial, and why Bidwell rocks!

why should we care about anything other than the Bills.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Patriot Propaganda, Dont get cute during our Bye Week NE39, Save the trash talk for game week.. Quit SPLASHING the Board.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    First of all, I'll post when and whatever I want, within the rules of the joint. Who are you to tell me how to post or act? Take your advice and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Secondly, I don't trash talk. I may post a dissenting opinion or post something I think is interesting, but I try to back stuff up with logic and facts. I don't really care if others want to talk trash, it doesn't have any effect on me. I don't work for any team, and I don't derive my sense of self worth by how well (or poorly) the football team I grew up rooting for does.

Finally, if you don't want to read the book that is fine, but you can't pass judgement on it unless you do. I thought it was a very informative book, even for non-Patriots fans. It does have a Patriots slant (it is about their team), but there is a lot of behind the scenes information about the draft and the way a team is run that any football fan would find interesting.

I suggested the book for football fans, not Bills fans. I read a lot of football books. I found both of Bill Walsh's books to be excellent (among the best ever written if you want to understand the game), but I'm not a 49er fan. Why should that keep me from enjoying those books?

In short, grow up and go f**k yourself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    First of all, I'll post when and whatever I want, within the rules of the joint. Who are you to tell me how to post or act? Take your advice and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Secondly, I don't trash talk. I may post a dissenting opinion or post something I think is interesting, but I try to back stuff up with logic and facts. I don't really care if others want to talk trash, it doesn't have any effect on me. I don't work for any team, and I don't derive my sense of self worth by how well (or poorly) the football team I grew up rooting for does.

Finally, if you don't want to read the book that is fine, but you can't pass judgement on it unless you do. I thought it was a very informative book, even for non-Patriots fans. It does have a Patriots slant (it is about their team), but there is a lot of behind the scenes information about the draft and the way a team is run that any football fan would find interesting.

I suggested the book for football fans, not Bills fans. I read a lot of football books. I found both of Bill Walsh's books to be excellent (among the best ever written if you want to understand the game), but I'm not a 49er fan. Why should that keep me from enjoying those books?

In short, grow up and go f**k yourself.
    I'm not in the Mood Patty-Cake.. Take that Fodder back to the Pats Boards.. We dont read any of that Brady-Bunch Book of the Month Mess.

If its not TRASH-TALK then go post it on everyone elses Boards.. Don't Trash Bills Boards. Wait Till Game week, Geek to talk ***** or you may get F**ked.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Chill out, guys. No personal attacks are allowed.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    @ juice I'd much rather read NE39's post than your Ruben Brown loving crap!

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I'm not in the Mood Patty-Cake.. Take that Fodder back to the Pats Boards.. We dont read any of that Brady-Bunch Book of the Month Mess.

If its not TRASH-TALK then go post it on everyone elses Boards.. Don't Trash Bills Boards. Wait Till Game week, Geek to talk ***** or you may get F**ked.

Very immature, Juice.

NE39 is probably one of the most knowlegeable football fans on this board- he's in my top 5 anyway.

Grow up

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    FTG you post like a Pats fan so I'm not surprised YOU LIKE His POST.. Ruben Lovers and Bledsoe Bashers are all just Titles, but a true fan doesn't turn on the QB in week Two

And NE39 claims he doesn't trash talk but I remember some of his early posts after game 1 of last year.. Seemed like he was doing his fair share of S**T Talking, so dont try to come off as an innocent Analyst now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog
    Very immature, Juice.

NE39 is probably one of the most knowlegeable football fans on this board- he's in my top 5 anyway.

Grow up
    He's dropping F-Bombs and I'm the one that needs to grow up.. Dozer why dont you run on out and get a copy of Patriot Reighn.. maybe we can get some pointers on how to beat the Pats in 2 Wks.

Recognize Trash Talk.