X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

Justin Bannan our new left guard?

He has been replacing Lawrence Smith on the goal line and now VanPelt said he came in to start the 3rd quarter.
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

• ArcticWildMan

Well, I'll give Mularkey credit for one thing...he's trying different things to see what works best.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Agreed.

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Yep, you never know until you try it. I loved watching Big Sam just blow up those lineman on the goalline plays he was in on.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i just saw him in short yardage situations like sam..
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Liverpoolkev
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
            Yep, you never know until you try it. I loved watching Big Sam just blow up those lineman on the goalline plays he was in on.
            This got to show the BILLS fans just how bad our O-LINE is when a guy who havent played O-Line is better than what we have on the roster .........goodbye Pucillo,Sobieski,L.smith there is no doubt in my mind that O'Line is a Top Priority in Free Agency and the Draft because our line just not that good.........Mcnally has no faith in the personnel...................

Comment

• Marvelous
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Liverpoolkev
              This got to show the BILLS fans just how bad our O-LINE is when a guy who havent played O-Line is better than what we have on the roster .........goodbye Pucillo,Sobieski,L.smith there is no doubt in my mind that O'Line is a Top Priority in Free Agency and the Draft because our line just not that good.........Mcnally has no faith in the personnel...................
              Perhaps Bannon was easily coached to block. He had to plays i recall that he pulled from LG to the right and both plays panned out. I'm all for a spark like that. If it works :):):)
              GO BILLS!!! NE
              Magical Trevor

Comment

• DaBills
                • Sep 2004

Big Sam at right guard or tackle! Yeah!
                “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  i just saw him in short yardage situations like sam..

He was in on a number of plays in the second half. They used him on a lot of pulling guard type- runs,

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sippio
                    Perhaps Bannon was easily coached to block. He had to plays i recall that he pulled from LG to the right and both plays panned out. I'm all for a spark like that. If it works :):):)

we had s.adams in there on the goal line too.they ran up his ass on mcgahee's 2nd TD.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Hey, I'm all for trying Defensive Lineman on the Offensive line. Bannan is probably happy as hell to be playing, since he doesn't see a lot of time at DT, maybe he figures this is his only chance to play. Whatever the reason, maybe it will show the regular O-Linemen that none of their candy-asses are safe, personally, I'd make Mike Williams play QB for a series and let Drew pass protect for him, now that would be pay back.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        personally, I'd make Mike Williams play QB for a series and let Drew pass protect for him, now that would be pay back.
                        Although I still think Drew sucks and is the primary reason for our offensive woes, I have to admit this was a pretty funny image in my mind.

He'd probably eat the football...literally...when going back to pass.

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

I saw something in the Buffalo News about that this morning. The fact that they used Bannan as a pulling guard speaks volumes...our O-line is just plain slow. It goes back to what GW was touting when he first came to Buffalo. He wanted to run a smash-mouth running game combined with the WCO. The O-line was built under the assumption that bigger equated to better when it came to running the ball. However, consider Denver for a moment. Their offensive line isn't all that imposing, size-wise. However, they always seem to find another "stud" running back whenever they lose one (i.e. Portis). The Denver O-line is fast enough to attack at the edges in the running game. They stretch a defense laterally by attacking outside the OTs, which definitely dilutes the effect of a defense keeping "eight in the box."

If our O-line were to drop about 30 pounds per man, we'd be able to do the same thing as Denver. Then, again, we haven't seen a good "Counter Trey" in Buffalo since Thurman Thomas left town.
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

How will they use Bannan in the future? Won't it be a dead give-away that he will be pulling whenever he is in the game? Did they use him for pass blocking at all? I didn't see the game.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

It seems very odd to me that DL are used in pulling and trapping situations. I could understand putting in Big Sam and telling him to plow up whoever is in front of him, but to have Bannon come in and pull and trap, sure sends a message that the OL blows.

Comment

Working...
                              X