Thread: Ty Law may be out a while...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ty Law may be out a while...

The Patriots aren't saying anything, but the latest rumor out this way is that Ty Law broke a bone in his foot and will miss 4-6 weeks.

That is a huge blow to the Patriots, who are improved offensively this season but whom are very thin in the secondary. Law leaves a big void, which means more playing time for rookie Randall Gay and more time at CB for Eugene Wilson.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Is Gay an undrafted Rookie FA?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yes, Gay is an undrafted player. He was injured last year at LSU and when he returned he had lost his position (both LSU CB are draft prospects). Because he missed time and finished as the nickel back, he dropped in the draft. He was a real find for the Pats, That said, he is no replacement for Ty Law.

Compounding Law missing time is the fact that Tyrone Poole, the other starting CB, is battling a knee injury that has kept him out of 3 games. If he misses more time, the Pats are faced with starting Gay and Asante Samuel at CB, or moving Eugene Wilson back to CB and starting rookie Dexter Reid at S. This at a time when they have a couple games against two of the better offenses in the NFL (the Rams this week, and the Chiefs in a couple weeks).

Of course, Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, Matt Light and Tom Ashworth are all expected back for the offense soon, but they are going to have to score a lot of points given the situation in the secondary. It would not be a big surprise if the Pats lost a few games in the next month or so.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Someone has to ask the obvious question:

Is Gay gay?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I heard a definite month out!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    Yes, Gay is an undrafted player. He was injured last year at LSU and when he returned he had lost his position (both LSU CB are draft prospects). Because he missed time and finished as the nickel back, he dropped in the draft. He was a real find for the Pats, That said, he is no replacement for Ty Law.

Compounding Law missing time is the fact that Tyrone Poole, the other starting CB, is battling a knee injury that has kept him out of 3 games. If he misses more time, the Pats are faced with starting Gay and Asante Samuel at CB, or moving Eugene Wilson back to CB and starting rookie Dexter Reid at S. This at a time when they have a couple games against two of the better offenses in the NFL (the Rams this week, and the Chiefs in a couple weeks).

Of course, Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, Matt Light and Tom Ashworth are all expected back for the offense soon, but they are going to have to score a lot of points given the situation in the secondary. It would not be a big surprise if the Pats lost a few games in the next month or so.
    I doubt if they even try to start a Rookie FA, that would be like putting a target on the Rooks back.. Samuel or some type of realinment would make more sense than leaving your secondary wide open. The Rook would be an obvious weakness that opponents would key on.

What's up with Dillon.. sounds like he will be out for another week? Any chance he's not in uniform in two weeks when the Bills come up to Foxboro?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    God, this is bad. The "fill-in" players for the Pats always perform well. Whose that other rookie CB that came in last year? Samuels i think?

Hope Ty gets better soon. (after we play you)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    This would be great news before we got Drew as Law plays Moulds better then any CB. But they have a way of making thier scrubs look great. And we will struggle all day passing against them IMO
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor