• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Jets are over rated

Let's face it folks, the NY Jets are sitting pretty at 6-1 and their fans are talking Super Bowl. Hmm, I don't think so, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a Bills fan, I'm basing this thread on the fact that four of their wins came at the hands of Miami (twice) Cincy and SF.

Sure they beat the Bills, but only with last minute FG. Buffalo was still suffering from a hangover because of the Jacksonville game, a hangover the team is just shaking out of it's system. Now that that is behind them, Buffalo can forge ahead as best it can.

Winning this Sunday clearly is possible.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Agreed, Curtis Martin is overacheiving by far this season. If he is shutdown so is their offense. Their D is overpowering but if we can spread the field with Evans and Moulds, I dont think their DB's can contain us. A key to the game tomorrow must be to get McGahee to that 2nd level. Thier DL and LB's are good, but their DB's are major concerns, if we can get McGahee out their with blocks he'll throw that stiff arm out there with will.

KEYS:
      -Protect Bledsoe
      -Get McGahee to 2nd level
      -Spread the field with Evans and Moulds
      -Contain Curtis Martin

If we do those 4 things we should come away with a win!
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        Let's face it folks, the NY Jets are sitting pretty at 6-1 and their fans are talking Super Bowl. Hmm, I don't think so, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a Bills fan, I'm basing this thread on the fact that four of their wins came at the hands of Miami (twice) Cincy and SF.

Sure they beat the Bills, but only with last minute FG. Buffalo was still suffering from a hangover because of the Jacksonville game, a hangover the team is just shaking out of it's system. Now that that is behind them, Buffalo can forge ahead as best it can.

Winning this Sunday clearly is possible.
        Not all Jets fans are talking about us going to the SB, and yes our schedule has been easy this year, but you win the games that you have to win. We are definitely improved from last year! By no means is this going to be a easy game for either side! I do think that the Bills are a better team than what their record is, but once again, its all about winning the games that you have to.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC
          Not all Jets fans are talking about us going to the SB, and yes our schedule has been easy this year, but you win the games that you have to win. We are definitely improved from last year! By no means is this going to be a easy game for either side! I do think that the Bills are a better team than what their record is, but once again, its all about winning the games that you have to.
          true, and not shooting yourself in the foot. DAMN penalities.
          http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
            Uhh have you watched the games lately? Penalties have not really been an issue with the last few games. Whatever Mularkey did...worked.
            Last edited by Michael82; 11-06-2004, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• SuperJetFan
              I eat big, fat, juicy Sausage.
              • Dec 2003

If you can hold Martin fine... but there ain't no stopping Lamont too.. Sorry Jills.. You guys are toast this weekend. Bledsoed hits the dirt 7 more times. Overated my a$$.. How about under-rated? How underrated are we? Well, some people actually believe you guys have a chance to beat us this weekend. If that isn't under-rated, then I don't know what is. Jets 31 (17 points off Buffalo turnovers alone) - Bills 10... You heard it here folks...
              We love it that you hate us....
              Jets fans

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Personally, I could care less about the Jets. THe Dolphins and Pats are 2 of the biggest rivalries going right now. The Jets are kind of just there....whoopie
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Uhh have you watched the games lately? Penalties have not really been an issue with the last few games. Whatever Mularkey did...worked.
                  no damn job, can't have it on when I am covering another game. BLOODY HELL.
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    I'm basing this thread on the fact that four of their wins came at the hands of Miami (twice) Cincy and SF.

Sure they beat the Bills, but only with last minute FG.
                    Yeah, I guess if you look at it, 5 of their 6 wins were against losing teams:

Bills: 2-5
                    Cincy: 2-5 (twice)
                    Fins: 1-7
                    SF: 1-6

Their one win against a winning team was San Diego (5-3).

So...

If you are a Jets fan, even if you beat the Bills tomorrow, a 2-5 team, you still have yet to prove your team is really ready for the big dance IMO.

However, as I said at the beginning of the season, I do believe the Jets are for real and will definitely make the playoffs, possibly even take the AFCE from the Pats.

Comment

• SuperJetFan
                      I eat big, fat, juicy Sausage.
                      • Dec 2003

The JETS, in my opinion, are doing nothing but getting better with every win. If you look at every game they've played, they've been pretty much in every possible scenario, and learning. How to play from behind, down by three with two minutes, up by a few and protecting the lead. They don't decide their schedule, only play along with it. The fact that they've had an easy schedule is not their fault, they just have to win games, and they've done just that. The Bills are by far the stiffest challenge yet. With you guys getting better, your defense is deisel, and McGahee in the mix, you have a chance. But I think we have more playmakers on the offensive side to ultimately put you guys away in a good game.
                      We love it that you hate us....
                      Jets fans

Comment

• JETS boI
                        • Nov 2003

Keep pouring on the hate. It's fine. I think as Jet fans, we're used to it. You would all be happy to be 6-1 right now, REGARDLESS of who you play. You still have to win.
                        JETS BoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIII

Comment

• Morgoth
                          Can you blow me where the pampers is?
                          • Jun 2003

It's true that we'd be happy to be 6-1 regardless of who the schedule has us playing and I think many of my fellow Bills' fans are pissing on the Jets out of envy. It should be easy to win against a weaker opponent, however it doesn't have to be a blowout it just has to equal a win. We lost to the Jets in a close one in their house. This week the game is in Buffalo and the Jets will not get a warm welcome, and if they only won by 2 in the first meeting with homefield advantage I don't forsee them pulling it out this time. Jets fans are used to being hated, please, try being a Bills fan. No one wants us to get back to the SuperBowl.
                          Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
                            Agreed!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SuperJetFan
                              If you can hold Martin fine... but there ain't no stopping Lamont too.. Sorry Jills.. You guys are toast this weekend. Bledsoed hits the dirt 7 more times. Overated my a$$.. How about under-rated? How underrated are we? Well, some people actually believe you guys have a chance to beat us this weekend. If that isn't under-rated, then I don't know what is. Jets 31 (17 points off Buffalo turnovers alone) - Bills 10... You heard it here folks...

Please the only reason and yes I mean only reason Lamont gets any yards this season is because Curtis wears down the D first. Look at last season, Curtis did jack, Lamont did jack. You shut down Curtis your running game is toast. Bledsoe sacked 7 times? I dont think it will be that many, now 3-5 I could see. 17 points of turnovers, we havent barely turned to ball over this season, so what makes you think that you will get atleast 3 this season? My real question is how you gonna stop Willis?

Who have you stopped running the ball so far this season:
                              Sammy Morris 11car 48 yards 0TD 4.8 avg
                              Corey Dillion 22car 115 yards 0TD 5.2 avg
                              Kevin Barlow 21 car 79 yards 1TD 3.8 avg
                              Henry/McGahee 20 car 75 yards 0TD 3.75 avg
                              Leonard Henry 18car 85 yards 0TD 4.7 avg
                              LaDainian Tomlinson 19 car 87 yards 0TD 4.6 avg
                              Rudi Johnson 24 car 70 yards 1TD 2.9 avg

Thats in descending order (for Jets fans that means week 1 first then week 2, so on and so forth)

So you've allowing 79.8 yards per game and an avg of 4.1 yards per carry. Please tell me your plan to stop Willis McGahee when you cant even stop Leonard Henry or Sammy Morris?

GO BILLS!
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X