Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BTW...anyone who declares ANY of the 2004 picks busts already, are MORONS and needs to :stfu: right now!

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

Btw let's already say that the picks next year are busts while we are at it. It's too damn early. Evans is just a rookie, and if in case you forgot this is his third year back from a pretty bad leg injury. Give him a year. Look what McGahee has done in a year.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
        Btw let's already say that the picks next year are busts while we are at it. It's too damn early. Evans is just a rookie, and if in case you forgot this is his third year back from a pretty bad leg injury. Give him a year. Look what McGahee has done in a year.

Comment

• nodnarb
          • Jun 2004

fair observation and wrong conclusions

that's like saying 90% of rookie RBs are better than faulk because they had better rookie seasons.

First of all, draft choices are not "donahoe mistakes" He's merely the project manager of the draft process. His main opinion man is tom modrak. Before they draft a player, Donahoe asks modrak and his head coach, AND the scouts, AND John Guy, who they think helps the team the most. They give them their answer, and phones in the picks accordingly.

You can say a "Bills mistake" if it's applicable, but not a "donahoe mistake".

Secondly, in 5 years I'll take any bet that Evans is considered the better receiver over Clayton, and I recognize that clayton is exceptional. The only catch is they both have to be healthy in that span to have had a similar amount of opportunity. Drew has not clicked yet with LEE, and Drew has not exactly been efficient getting the ball out deep until just recently. Accordingly, Evans' stats have been getting better since that first Jets game. But he was invisible for about 4 or 5 games because our entire offense was invisible. Don't start drawing conclusions about one guy because our entire offense has been lackluster.

Tampa has better offensive stats than us right now. By the end of the season we'll pull closer or past htem, but clayton is enjoying #1 receiver status as a rookie. Lee went from #3 to #2 and won't get past that until he surpasses Moulds.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Clayton hasn't been playing in the conditions Lee has @ the Ralph too. Alot of the games we've played in have been with high winds, and no passing game from either side.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
              • Nov 2004

Way too early to say who will be the better WR. Lee Evans will be a Pro-Bowl WR and the main main here in a years.
              Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• LVGrown
                Vegas Growed
                • Jul 2002

I totally agree on the Aiken part ... EVERYBODY compares Aiken to Moulds so maybe he will be a strong number 2 to Evans who has unlimited upisde. Have a feeling Moulds wont be back next season or should I say I dont feel he should be back next season. Too much money and we need trench help.

Erin

Originally posted by Mikey82
                They needed speed, not a possession receiver, a speed receiver to compliment Moulds. I also feel that we might have Moulds' replacement on the team. I know people are going to laugh, but Sam Aiken looks huge. He's been working out with Moulds and once they get him more involved in the offense, you will see it. Evans is a great deep threat to match the posession receiver in Moulds or aiken.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Where in this post did I ever say Evans is a bust? I just pointed out the kind of season Clayton is having and bringing up a topic to discuss on.

Some of you are way to homeristic and touchy when it comes to one of our players. If you don't say the guy is the greatest then they act like you're saying they are useless and sucks ass.

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

Billsfever,Do you think that Evans is good but we shoulda went a different direction in the draft?
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• Bills 4 life
                      • Oct 2004

This post is a WASTE OF TIME!
                      "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"

Comment

• Marvelous
                        • Feb 2004

I don't think it is. I've been upset about the pick of Lee Evans th eseond we traded and got Lousman. Even more so when we were 0-4!!! Evans is not a bust and if he is we won't know for 2 more seasons. But We didn't need Evans as much as people think/thought. We needed JP but imo we coulda got a wr with athe 2nd or 3rd OR the extra pick we got from trading down had we traded down...

Evans- is good and could be awesome
                        We screwed up next years draft by giving up a 1st for Lousman/Evans.

It's very clear to me.
                        GO BILLS!!! NE
                        Magical Trevor

Comment

• Kenny
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sippio
                          I don't think it is. I've been upset about the pick of Lee Evans th eseond we traded and got Lousman. Even more so when we were 0-4!!! Evans is not a bust and if he is we won't know for 2 more seasons. But We didn't need Evans as much as people think/thought. We needed JP but imo we coulda got a wr with athe 2nd or 3rd OR the extra pick we got from trading down had we traded down...

Evans- is good and could be awesome
                          We screwed up next years draft by giving up a 1st for Lousman/Evans.

It's very clear to me.
                          Completely agree with you here. Evans will probably be a good WR (although Im not sure if he'll amount to anything more than a great #2). I was a little upset when we drafted him, I mean do you guys really think he's worth a #11?

The thing I really dont get with the whole draft... Is if we were willing to really give up alot of picks for a QB, why not just (as Sippio said) just draft a WR in the second or thrid round (we could of got Colbert or Jenkins), and really make a push for Ben Roethlishberger?

Though I dont think we did 'that' bad in the draft, I do think it could of been much better done.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

We got an extra pick in a strong draft and gave away one in a weak draft. Not too bad imo.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk

No way, as soon as the pick is made we should cut the draft pick!!!!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                                Is it too early to condemn next year's top draft pick as a bust? After all, he hasn't done anything for us yet.

Nice. Well said.
                                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                                X