• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Ricky is Done!

Dont know if its been posted but Ricky Williams has declined the NFL's stipulations for re-instatement and has decided not to return to the NFL. He is now enrolled in a 17 month course for hollistic medicine. And no im not kidding.....

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

If Miami can still push their claim of 8 mil on him, he may yet have no choice but to return...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
      Dont know if its been posted but Ricky Williams has declined the NFL's stipulations for re-instatement and has decided not to return to the NFL. He is now enrolled in a 17 month course for hollistic medicine. And no im not kidding.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6631771/

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
        NJ In The House
        • Nov 2004

From what I understand, he had until Friday to agree to the terms, if not he would have to sit out next year also.

I never thought he would comeback nor did I want him to. Now we can move on and forget all about him!!!!

He can stay In Cali and learn indian medicine!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Ricky Williams' career as a football player may be over, according to his attorney, David Cornwell.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

oh well, suppose it will be good to have it ended once and for all one way or another.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I am sure he did not like all the drug testing he would be subjected to...He rather pay 8 million back to the Dolphins and keep smoking than quit smoking...Just what it appears on the surface anyway. What a waste of talent

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

What a dirtbag. If McGahee pulled some **** like this, I'd personally break both of his knees.

Comment

• ryven
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by don137
                    I am sure he did not like all the drug testing he would be subjected to...He rather pay 8 million back to the Dolphins and keep smoking than quit smoking...Just what it appears on the surface anyway. What a waste of talent

Could not agree more.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

I hope that course makes 8 million a year.

Comment

• ryjam282
                        Offical Billszone Starting QB
                        • Mar 2003

This is even better.

RICKY WILLIAMS REJECTS DEAL THAT WOULD ALLOW RETURN...

.Written By TFL Report Editor Bob Harris | Posted Thursday December 2, 2004 @ 08:45 PT

According to Associated Press sports writer Tim Reynolds, Ricky Williams rejected a deal that would have allowed him to serve a four-game drug suspension this season and return to the NFL next year.
                        "Ricky indicated to me that he is no longer interested in resuming his career at this time," Williams' lawyer, David Cornwell, said in a statement e-mailed to the AP on Thursday.

Williams needed to let the league know by Thursday so he could be moved from the retired list to the suspended list by the deadline. He would have served the suspension for the Miami Dolphins' final four games, starting Dec. 12 in Denver.

"David Cornwell informed our office that Ricky Williams has declined to accept the terms of his reinstatement," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. ...

For what it's worth. ... Williams told SI.com's Mike Silver last week: "At least I quit before all the fantasy drafts. Let's face it: If I'd quit after the drafts, the fans would all hate me."

What a nice guy....

Ryan Withey
                        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ryven
                          • Jan 2003

What a loon

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            This is even better.

RICKY WILLIAMS REJECTS DEAL THAT WOULD ALLOW RETURN...

.Written By TFL Report Editor Bob Harris | Posted Thursday December 2, 2004 @ 08:45 PT

According to Associated Press sports writer Tim Reynolds, Ricky Williams rejected a deal that would have allowed him to serve a four-game drug suspension this season and return to the NFL next year.
                            "Ricky indicated to me that he is no longer interested in resuming his career at this time," Williams' lawyer, David Cornwell, said in a statement e-mailed to the AP on Thursday.

Williams needed to let the league know by Thursday so he could be moved from the retired list to the suspended list by the deadline. He would have served the suspension for the Miami Dolphins' final four games, starting Dec. 12 in Denver.

"David Cornwell informed our office that Ricky Williams has declined to accept the terms of his reinstatement," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. ...

For what it's worth. ... Williams told SI.com's Mike Silver last week: "At least I quit before all the fantasy drafts. Let's face it: If I'd quit after the drafts, the fans would all hate me."

What a nice guy....

Comment

• ticatfan
                              The Meathead of Muslims!
                              • Jul 2002

Rumour has it, that when canada legalizes weed, he is going to sign with the British Columbia lions for $200,000 and all the B.C. bud he can smoke.
                              Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                              Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

Working...
                              X