Anybody else notice that this thing started to turn around...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Anybody else notice that this thing started to turn around...

Right after Ralph got pissed, kicked ass, and took names?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I agree. Right around when Shaw was released.

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Ralph

Long live the King.

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

And all this time I thought it had to do with the return of Evil Drew.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Yeah, Ralph said something about being bored with this "smash mouth" football. Now, we're winning with. . . smash mouth football.

Old Ralph sure is a football genius.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Yeah, Ralph said something about being bored with this "smash mouth" football. Now, we're winning with. . . smash mouth football.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

He doesn't even need to know a quarterback from a nickelback. He pays the bills (figuratively and literally) so when he's pissed, you better win. That's all that matters.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

No. Losing smash mouth football is boring. Winning smashmouth football is exciting.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

He doesn't even need to know a quarterback from a nickelback. He pays the bills (figuratively and literally) so when he's pissed, you better win. That's all that matters.
                  Unfortunately, he sometimes gets involved on the coaching side, like when he forced that spineless tub of goo Wade Philips to start Rob Johnson in the Music City Forward Lateral game.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    No. Losing smash mouth football is boring. Winning smashmouth football is exciting.
                    Damn straight
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Charlieguide
                      Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                      • Feb 2004

Don't forget Jim Kelly's sitdown with Drew! They haven't lost since then, have they?
                      The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

mularkey isn't afraid to change things up either.a little trickery(shovel pass,drew faking timeout call,etc..),changing personnel around(bannan and s.adams on offense),and using rookies and 2nd year players for big plays.(mcgahee near 1000 yards and l.evans with 6 TD receptions).

after a miserable start,it would be easy for the players to pack it in and just collect a check.this team has responded and has played with a passion that we haven't seen since the 90's.for a rookie coach to do what he's doing,it's been fun to watch as a football fan.do you think that Gee Dubya would get this out of these players?i don't think so.we'd probably be toiling in the basement with miami.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          Right after Ralph got pissed, kicked ass, and took names?
                          The turnaround mysteriously coincided with the return of Lawyer Milloy, that man does not get the credit he deserves!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            The turnaround mysteriously coincided with the return of Lawyer Milloy, that man does not get the credit he deserves!
                            how about the insertion of WM in the lineup?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• helmetguy
                              Touch the helmet for luck
                              • Sep 2002

All of the above. The 0-4 start can be attributed to the growing pains of a rookie HC brought in to clean up two years of mess. MM came here seeking to earn the respect of his players, not demanding it. He believes; and now, so do they.
                              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                              X