• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    I think the Rams will beat the Jets and kick them out of the playoffs.

The Rams are fighting for their own playoff lives over there. And it's at St. Louis. They'll come through for us.

That would be great!
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
      Tatonka,

BILL-ieve. Too many things have fallen into place for this team, this is our destiny.

part of me does feel that way..

but the cynical side says no way..

i just wish that sunday would hurry up and get here.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Truth be told I think both teams will lose we will win and face SD. Im not just saying this as a Bills fan but more so because I truly believe with the way things have fallen into place this is what will happen.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Mularkey will be the difference for the Bills. No one knows Maddox like he does.

No victory is safe in the hands of Jake Plummer.

The Rams offense is healthy and at home.

I'm optimistic.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
            part of me does feel that way..

but the cynical side says no way..

i just wish that sunday would hurry up and get here.

Youll find when you let go of that cynical side its a lot more fun to be a fan. Let loose. Live a little. BILL-ieve!!!
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

next year means nothing.. i dont want moral victories or any of that crap.. if we dont make the playoffs.. then it is all for nothing.. imho..

at least that is what i feel right this second.. i will probably change my mind in the offseason when i am getting excited for next season..

but right now.. it will be a huge disappointment if we miss the playoffs at 10-6.. that is just absurd to think that could happen.
              Didn't Miami miss the playoffs at 10-6 last year?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                • May 2004

I too don't feel good having to rely on another team losing to help us into the playoffs.....but remember last year when the Cardinals took it to the Vikings?

I just don't see the point of writing off our chances of getting in until its really over........I think there is at least a 50/50 chance that one of those teams loses.....and those are odds that make Sunday a great day for heavy drinking......
                "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                --Leo Durocher

Comment

• bills_7
                  TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                  • Mar 2004

where is spaz when i need him.. he was always the most postive bastage around!
                  Where did he go?

Comment

• willis_mchenry
                    • Apr 2004

Someone posted this already, but on Monday Night Football, Peyton Manning said he wants to play because a couple of years ago they rested their guys when they played Buffalo, then lost in the playoffs anyway. He said he didn't want that to happen again and he wants to keep the rhythm that they are in now. He said he'd also like to get to 13 wins because Dungy has never done that before.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                      • Apr 2004

Indy defeats Denver 27-24. Vanderjadt kicks a 59 yard FG as time expires and Mike Shanahan throws up on the sideline.

The Jets look like easy winners but 2 late SL TD's puts them up 35-31. Then Pennington throws a nice floater over the middle that's picked and the Jests lose. After the game Pennington says he's tired of the press being so "negative".

The Bills shrug off a rough first half to pull out a 24-13 win over Pitt. Tom Donahoe lights a victory cigar on the Bills sideline after which Bill Cowher has to be restrained from going after him.

Does that make you feel any better Tatonka?
                      Last edited by finsrclowns; 12-29-2004, 04:15 PM.
                      finsrclowns

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

The key isn't how much Manning plays. The key is how much Freeny plays. Plummer has gag written all over him.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

It's going to be an interesting weekend for sure!!!

The Colts and there stinky D against a Denver team finding it's momentum. Colts should want to put the Broncos out now, rather then making it happen later. It could prove to bite them on the ass.

The Rams are playing ****ty football, but there is hope that Bulger could be well enough to light up a nice passing attack mixed in with a little Steven Jackson endzone dance. Rams D is lousey, but has proven to be worthy of helping their team out when it counts this year. I wish we could get the Jets to play in Seahawk colors. This game will be very close. Could see OT!

Pittsburgh second string O is better than many other team's first string O. Maddox and Staley might be proving something once again, and that Pittsburgh D isn't #1 in the league for nothing. It will be a fight every step of the way for Buffalo.

The Playoffs start Sunday!!!
                          Last edited by RedEyE; 12-29-2004, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• the dude
                            • Jul 2003

hey T - I feel your pain

Couple things give me hope though:

1. Marc Bulger has an amazing record playing at home in the dome - something ridiculous like 18-3 or something.
                            2. Rams need this win as much as the Jets do - even moreso, they have no backdoor possibilities.
                            3. Strength of the Jets D is playing a cover-2 like scheme, keeping plays in front of their safeties and getting a pass rush. No John Abaham this week, could mean more time for Holt and Bruce to get beyond the second level. If that happens, their D can be susceptible to Stephen Jackson who is supposed to be ok this week.

My fear in this game is the Jets pound the wimpy D-line of the Rams on the opening drive and they and force them to play from behind. Then it could be lights out.

If the Rams are to win, it'll be a couple long bombs to open up the running game, a turnover or 2 as Chad and Co. feel the pressure and we're in business.

As far as the Colts/broncs, I agree the chances are small but I still could see a possibility here. If I were Shananhan, I'd run the ball thruout the 1st half for 2 reasons: keep Peyton on the cold bench, prevent Plummer from throwing scary interceptions at an inopportune time. Unless the Colts are up by 14 or more points at halftime, I can't see their backups holding off a desperate Broncos team.

I see it as a 40-60 shot for the Rams and about a 20-80 shot for the Colts. Using basic probability - and assuming we beat the Pitt backups, that gives us about a 50-50 shot. After 2-6, I'll look at the big picture and take those odds.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Who would have thunk that the Jags would be shut out at home by the Texans?... with the playoffs on the line?

We have been pretty lucky thus far with the way everything is playing out. Even if we don't make the playoffs this year, we should still be very excited for our future. Besides, we can always blame Nate for the dumbass play against the Jags in week 1.

Comment

• DaBills
                                • Sep 2004

"No victory is safe in the hands of Jake Plummer."

Lol.

I think the Rams may go to the ground game again. Jackson put up almost 150 and looked good doing it. I think it may be a long afternoon for the Jests.
                                “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

Working...
                                X