• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

Only for now, maybe.

I'm not ready to write Connolly off as a lost cause yet.

My point has been this: the Sabres stink. Why trade Connolly at a time when his trade value is probably at its lowest, get nothing in return to match what upside potential he still has? And get nothing to help our team as much as Connolly could if he starts to deliver on his potential?

It makes no sense to me.

I don't disagree...I just think that if they are going to make the typical "shake up trade" that it might as well be one of the current weakest links on the team. Don't you think his "style" rubs other players the wrong way?? Do you think he fits in with Buffalo's "Blue collar attitude"? I would love to see nothing more than Connolly score 50 goals...hey, i'd take 25...it just seems that he has never been happy to be here and just seems to be floating.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

I don't disagree...I just think that if they are going to make the typical "shake up trade" that it might as well be one of the current weakest links on the team. Don't you think his "style" rubs other players the wrong way?? Do you think he fits in with Buffalo's "Blue collar attitude"? I would love to see nothing more than Connolly score 50 goals...hey, i'd take 25...it just seems that he has never been happy to be here and just seems to be floating.
      I don't get the feeling that he is alienating his teammates. Every team needs somebody with offensive ability. This team is sorely lacing in offensive talent- we have too many blue collar guys and don't need to pick up another one, which is all we'd get in return for him at this point.

Want to shake things up? Trade a guy worth something to this team who can bring the Sabres something that can improve them in return. Not too many of those!
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Don Cherry
        BFZ Hockey Commissioner
        • Oct 2002

Zhitnik fits that description.

Unfortunatly, Boston has a glut of Defensemen and they are driving hte price down. NESN (New England Sports Network) reported 22 scouts from 17 teams in attendance at last night's Atlanta /Bruin game.

Good thing.... the attendance was horrible again ....

Atlanta might give up some prospects for another defenseman. Nothing that will improve this club immediatly.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Miranov wants out of Chicago too. Good riddance.

Comment

Working...
          X