Thread: Whats up with our defense?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Angry Whats up with our defense?

Right now I believe we need to start to can some players to fire up this hockey club. I believe Alexei Zhitnik does no good on this team at this time. Gratton played with a broken bone in his foot and poor Zhitnik is out for at least a week? Come on now. I like
    Zhitnik dont get me wrong but I really believe that we need a better defense.

The past couple games Marty Biron has stepped up and played his game which we were missing for a while. That makes me feel a lot better. I think this team can win. I really do. They have talent and they are just on a bad streak right now. They can come back.

GO SABRES!!!

StuBarnesgurl41
    Go Sabres!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Zhitnik averages 24:08 ice time per game. He's ranked 33rd in the entire league in IT/G.

Gratton averages 17:25 ice time per game. He's ranked 258th in the entire league in IT/G.

7 minutes doesn't sound like a lot, but it really is. You can't hardly compare the two. 7 extra minutes is a lot to play on a bad foot. Plus we don't know the details of the injuries......Alex's injury is likely more serious than Gratton's was.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    well said on the 7 minutes part but zhitnik isn't productive anyways.grab a bubble gum card and look at his stats from last year.then ask yourself,"why the hell did the SABRES pay $3 million for that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    yeah..i agree the sabres defense really needs to start to step up..but just remember last game: McKee, & Zhitnik were out..and now Wooleys gone. I think that was a bad decision by Regier. Wooley really did help this hockey club and you need those veteran guys on your team to give the guys confidence. I really do believe also the Sabres can win. There is a lot of young talent on this team..and just watch, one of these games the Sabres will win 8-1..and all these guys will start scoring. But for one thing, i really don't like darcy regier. I think the man should be gone! The man really hasn't made that many good moves as far as bringing in good players to Buffalo. I'd be happy to see Regier go but I think Lindy should stay. He has a feel for the game but I have a feeling the fans aren't backing him and he will be gone, maybe not now but he should be when the new ownership comes in early next year, unless the Sabres pick up there game plan! Thanks! <3 Natalie

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I would love for Lindy to stay, but it's just not working with him anymore. Too much of a good thing eventually turns bad in this league. It happened with Hitchcock in Dallas, with Robinson in Jersey and Sutter in San Jose. It would be best for Lindy and the team for him to move on.
    See me here pushing you
    If I then deny I do
    Contemplate or wish away
    If I ask you not to stay

Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose. BironsGirl43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by MissBuffalo
    I would love for Lindy to stay, but it's just not working with him anymore. Too much of a good thing eventually turns bad in this league. It happened with Hitchcock in Dallas, with Robinson in Jersey and Sutter in San Jose. It would be best for Lindy and the team for him to move on.
    Sadly.. I agree.. although I really like Lindy and never wanted for this to happen... it needs too.. something must be done!!
    ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    We have a defense?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose. BironsGirl43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by lordofgun
    We have a defense?
    Defense has been non-existent lately.. because it's stacked with AHLers!!!