Thread: Fans are tired of not having superstars

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fans are tired of not having superstars

I think fans are really ticked off that this team doesn't have any superstars. The only one we actually acquired in a trade that wanted to be here was Lafontiane. In the current financial situation that the team is in, they are going to have to pull off a blockbluster deal. Nobody is going to watch that kind of hockey down at HSBC arena. No heart, no nothing play. Look at the Bills. Not that many people were buying season tickets. But look........ THEY GOT BLEDSOE! A bonified superstar QB in this league. Season ticket sales jumped tremendously. Hamister and Burrman may not like it, but their going to have to do something once they are the official owners. Personally, I would love to see the Sabres get Serige Federov or Luc Robataille. The Sabres trade a lot with Detroit, and I know Darcy Regeir and the Detroit get along rather well. The Detroit GM was happy that we gave them Hasek, and Woolley. If the Sabres want to make a superstar trade, it should be with them.

clumping platelets
    No thanks! Robitaille has been in the league for a long time....this team needs to trade players like Zhitnik for a package of top prospects and draft choices in a deep 2003 draft.

I'm not giving up on the season, I just think it's unlikely that the Sabres will rebound soon enough to make the playoffs. That's a strong statement from someone who is usually very optimistic

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Um, are draft picks going to put fans back in the arena? I don't think so. You don't even know what your getting with draftpicks. Draftpicks take a long, long time to develop. This team needs imedaite improvement. Being a Buffalo sports fan myself, I know this town likes superstars because we don't have any. People don't want to see draft picks develop and make mistakes. This team has seen enough of that with busts like Connolly and Rasumussen. Are more Connolly's and Rasmussen's going to fill the arena? Hell no. I would not count on our scouting at all. Thats why they need to make some kind of big deal that will get fans back in the arena for now.

clumping platelets
    Then you don't target guys like Robitaille...........get a player that will be around for 5+ yrs not 1 or 2.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,787 Times in 1,201 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    um, starman, what the hell are we going to trade with? We could give them our whole damn team we wouldn't get those two guys. You need something someone wants before you can trade.

BFZ Hockey Commissioner Don Cherry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Marion Gaborik, Dan Heatly, Ilya Kovelchuck, ......

No one is going to deal those guys to you after they become stars. You draft them. If you were the Rangers or the Red Wings or the Toronto Maple Leafs and had 5-6 million burning a hole in youer pocket, sure, add a Robataille. He's a nice finishing piece at his age. But there is a difference betweena finishing piece and a foundation.

This Team's foundation is Jello right now and you draft foundations, not buy them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    You really think you can fill the arena with just drafting good? Then you end up trading away guys like Satan, Pyatt, and Zhitnik for these high draft picks huh? Then we'll end up having a worse team than we do now and nobody will go to the arena. They need a bigger crowd this season. Not 5 seasons from now. This season. Hamister may be the owner, but if he sees the fans are not supporting it, he'll sell it. Look at what Paul Snyder did with the Buffalo Braves. Sound familiar? You have to make a big trade. Thats all I can see. Lindy's gotta get his players playing good again though. The players have to get themselves playing good again. I would trade Chris Gratton while hes still hot. A lot of teams could use his size and scoring. There are possiblities people. Let me ask this question. Were you guys really going to buy Bills tickets after that 3-13 season untill they got London Fletcher and Drew Bledsoe and drafted Mike Williams?

clumping platelets
    I put my deposit down on my Bills season tickets as soon as I rec'd the statement in the mail

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If the Sabres don't make a trade, of pick up a big-name free agent in the offseason, then kiss this franchise goodbye. Nobody will come see this junk team untill they make moves. These guys may have talent, but about eight or nine of them need a change of scenery.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Geez, we just got a new owner. He's not even officially in charge until next quarter at least. Give him a chance, eh?

Football-Sport of the Gods Buffarama's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Don Cherry
    Marion Gaborik, Dan Heatly, Ilya Kovelchuck, ......

No one is going to deal those guys to you after they become stars. You draft them. If you were the Rangers or the Red Wings or the Toronto Maple Leafs and had 5-6 million burning a hole in youer pocket, sure, add a Robataille. He's a nice finishing piece at his age. But there is a difference betweena finishing piece and a foundation.

This Team's foundation is Jello right now and you draft foundations, not buy them.
    Yeah, like Peca. Granted we didn't draft him but Muckler discovered him, and we nurtured him. He should have been a Sabre for life.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    they already have players under waivers to goto detroit, so maybe we'll get some one good soon enough
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Welcome to the Zone, SkateZilla!

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Buffarama

Yeah, like Peca. Granted we didn't draft him but Muckler discovered him, and we nurtured him. He should have been a Sabre for life.

i'm glad we got rid of the pouting peca.the injuries will keep piling up on this guy because of the way he plays.he's not big and he's getting older.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.