VCOACH REPORTS: Rusty Jones is leaving....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

I'm shocked at the amount of posts in this thread, who cares about a conditioning coach leaving. It's not like it was "The Governator" showing our guys how to lift a couple pieces of iron.

But since I have contributed to this thread, I will make a recomendation for the new coach. Let's get Tony Little and bring in the Gazelle.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i think its a big story because the Bills, on average, have not had a lot of serious injuries compared to other teams. Rusty Jones, rightfully or wrongfully, has been credited for that stat. I hope we continue to have the good luck of not having serious injuries with key players.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Well I still think that Tony Little is the reason why we haven't won a superbowl yet. We haven't had the Gazelle! And when Donahoe hires Little and the Gazelle, he will then hire Tony Robbins to fix our teams heads so we don't lose another superbowl.

Gazelle / Robbins in 05'!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
          I'm shocked at the amount of posts in this thread, who cares about a conditioning coach leaving. It's not like it was "The Governator" showing our guys how to lift a couple pieces of iron.

But since I have contributed to this thread, I will make a recomendation for the new coach. Let's get Tony Little and bring in the Gazelle.
          I hear you. Mike is freaking out like he just broke up with a girlfriend or something.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I think it does matter to an extent who your strength and conditioning guy is. Jones was always reputed to be on the cutting edge of the science of sports conditioning. I don't know that much about the new guy, Roll. I just hope he's as good.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Marvelous
              • Feb 2004

Is that you in that pic with Randy?
              GO BILLS!!! NE
              Magical Trevor

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

I think the promotion was a "thank you" to Rusty. He informed the Bills he wanted to do something else and they enhanced his resume and gave him a chance to train his replacement.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                  WE should have seen this coming. When's the last time Sharon sang the National Anthem before a big game?
                  It's been a few years
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Who the hell is Sharon?

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Who the hell is Sharon?
                      Rusty's wife...a good luck charm when singing the anthem...I believe we've only lost one game in all the times she sang it
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        Rusty's wife...a good luck charm when singing the anthem...I believe we've only lost one game in all the times she sang it
                        I think it was the Jags playoff game when Kelly got his bell rung and Hollis skepped one of the upright to beat us in our only home playoff loss.
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I don't recall very many games missed to pulled hammys in practice,groin pulls, muscle tears (Brandon Spoon in 2002), or other injuries due to guys being out of shape.

Keeping your big guns on the field have been Rusty Jones's hallmark. The few big injuries we have had have been due to player on player contact.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Who cares?
                            This is Huge.. 20 yrs WoW.

This is a bad sign.. What's the deal with Jones, '05 team may be the most skilled group of players the Bills and Jones have ever fielded. They definately have the most health issues to deal with with star players. this guys was head over S/C, as well as Players rehab. which could be huge with

M. Williams ---weight issues
                            W. MaGahee --- Knee
                            JP Loseman --- leg issues/Strength
                            T. Vincint --- Knee/Age
                            L. Milloy--- Major Injury/Age
                            E. Moulds ---Strains/Age

Many seem to be forgetting that M. Williams was being talked about as one of the Biggest Line busts this Decade before the Season.. R. Jones had to log some hours getting Williams down from 400 lbs.

Seems like Jones is stepping away at a strange time.. I wonder what is on his Agenda? If he could keep this MASH unit on the field and healthy, with a run deep into the PlayOffs, he would be considered the best in the business.

Losing a Trainer/Asst.Coach with 20 years history in the organization is the type thing that could cost the team 2 games in the regular Season and an early Exit from the Playoffs.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Who cares?
                              A future Hall of Fame Defensive End, for one. Rusty kept the fatsos in line. He turned Bruce Smith into the wrecking machine that he was. That did not come easy. Smith was 305 when he came here, and bragged that he could eat four Whoppers in one setting. Rusty chiseled him into a svelt 273 pound pass rusher, and probably added 10 years onto his career in the process.

The leaner guys look like bodybuilders from him, without sacraficing speed.

I for one, will miss him.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                                • Jul 2002

I am glad he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X