• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Mike Lodish on Six Superbowls

The 10th-round pick of the Buffalo Bills in the 1990 NFL draft (No. 265 overall) was fortunate enough to play in a record six Super Bowls (four straight losses with the Bills and two straight wins with the Broncos) — more than any other player in NFL history.

To put that in perspective, Patriots Willie McGinest, Ted Johnson, Tedy Bruschi and Adam Vinatieri will be playing in the fourth Super Bowl of their careers and will still be two short of Lodish’s mark.

more (PFW)
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

The Biscuit is second on the list with five. (I am pretty sure)

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Charles Haley did it 5 times for two different teams; Don Beebe as well I believe (his team was there 6 times but he did not play once since he was injured and Packers activated a UDFA from practice squad and did not use him). Bill Romanowski as well was in 5 Superbowls; I believe there were at least nine players to appear at least 5 times.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Others there 5 times:
        Marv Fleming
        Larry Cole
        Cliff Harris
        D.D. Lewis
        Preston Pearson
        Charlie Waters
        Rayfield Wright

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

I'm shocked that no one remembers the only guy to go to five in a row.... Gale Gilbert.
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Gale Gibert was not active all of those games which is why I did not mention him.

Comment

Working...
            X