Thread: I know, our ideal backup!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know, our ideal backup!

Mike McMahon former backup to Joey Harrington. He would be perfect for this system bc of his mobility and live arm, he is a very similar player to Losman. He would be cheaper than Bledsoe and the system wouldnt need tweaking at all for him or Losman.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'd take McMahon. The only problem is inexperience.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    I agree with you. I am pretty sure Damon Huard is under contract still but we need a QB like him. I would Jay Fiedler would be and acceptable backup as would guys like Kordell, McMahon, Flutie, Maddox and Dilfer. Guys I would shy away from are guys like Shawn King, Anthony Wright, Kurt Warner, Garcia, and Testaverde.
    I agree
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Mcmahon is almost like having another inexperienced qb. We need an experienced mobile qb.The lisp.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster
    Mcmahon is almost like having another inexperienced qb. We need an experienced mobile qb.The lisp.

You wann pay him starter money? Bc then why didnt we just keep Bledsoe around. Garcia is gonna ask for a big salary. McMahon is exp has proven he can win games and be a steady backup and wont cost us nearly as much.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    You wann pay him starter money? Bc then why didnt we just keep Bledsoe around. Garcia is gonna ask for a big salary. McMahon is exp has proven he can win games and be a steady backup and wont cost us nearly as much.
    Garcia is not getting starter money from us and I don't expect him to. He's going to get whatever the market offers him. In all likelyhood, the only places he has a shot of winning a starting job is places like Detroit and Baltimore, but he's not on track to get starter money to be a backup. If you talk experience factor and playoff experience, you're gonna take mcmahon over garcia? I wouldn't.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Let's not set the bar to high now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'd be happy with mcmahon.... they could run the same offense.

the problem with keeping bledsoe is.... if JP goes down, the offense needs to be revamped around protecting a stationary QB.

My guess is, this years offense will be geared to roll outs, sprint outs, a few options, etc.

God's gift to the Zone buffalofan19's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Garcia is not getting starter money from us and I don't expect him to. He's going to get whatever the market offers him. In all likelyhood, the only places he has a shot of winning a starting job is places like Detroit and Baltimore, but he's not on track to get starter money to be a backup. If you talk experience factor and playoff experience, you're gonna take mcmahon over garcia? I wouldn't.
    Garcia is not coming to Buffalo. He is not going to leave one city where he had his job snatched from him by an inexperienced QB (albeit it was deserved, I think), just to automatically backup another inexperienced QB. Unless he gets a ridiculously high contract, he is not going to be interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Mike McMahon former backup to Joey Harrington. He would be perfect for this system bc of his mobility and live arm, he is a very similar player to Losman. He would be cheaper than Bledsoe and the system wouldnt need tweaking at all for him or Losman.
    I would love to get him but I have a feeling he wants to start and that he could be farely expensive!

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    No way, no how do I want Garcia. Simply because I won't be able to log on here without reading countless ignorant comments about his sexuality. The man dates extremely beautiful woman but he's gay because loudmouth TO said he is. Who cares.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    I would love to get him but I have a feeling he wants to start and that he could be farely expensive!
    I agree. McMahon is going to be looking or an opportunity where he has a legitimate chance to start, or at least compete for the job. Bringing him in, or some other young promising QB, would create the possibilty for a QB controversy more than bringing in a veteran who has had his chance.

Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down. ShadowHawk7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    McMahon, Blake, or Holcomb please.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Can anybody provide a realistic veteran who is not going to be looking to start anywhere, even Kordell still wants to start. My point is this McMahon as a backup should love the idea of coming to Buffalo. Losman was nothing special last year and he's already had one long term injury. Sign a 2 year deal and see what happens. He may be the new starter and Losman may be a bust who knows, but I dont want another old vet whose over the hill and career shoulda been over 5 years ago. McMahon provides with not only a good backup but an insurance policy incase Losman goes south. He also could run the same exact offense.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Is everybody completely against Shane Matthews as our backup? He did fine last year for not having played much and not having much time to learn MM's playbook. Why not give him another year or two as 2nd string and grab a QB in the draft or attempt to develop the QB we sent to Europe???

I think Shane, having had 1 year with our playbook, and getting experienced with how MM does things would be ideal for us to keep around for atleast another year or two. Atleast until we develop a 2nd string worthy from our drafts, or decide who we want as a legitimate 2nd stringer. By 1 or 2 years, a drafted QB might be ready to move from 3rd to 2nd string. This QB that we have now in Europe, Kevin Thompson, is big (6'5" 235 lbs). A good prospect who will also benefit from experience in Europe. He might be able to serve as our current 3rd string if he absorbs and does well in Europe and later (in a year or two) move to 2nd string.

Registered User Section 130 Row 26's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Problem with Shane is that he's thinking about retirement....can't backup JP if your sittin on the couch with potato chip crumbs on your gut......

JG

View the Rest of My List!

Bledsoe and Lindell are smelly

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Doug Flutie.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NO Mike

hes to young, we need a vet, plus mcnahon isnt that good and needs coaching
    Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    Doug Flutie.
    Yeah..cause we can't get by without a locker room cancer

Thanks
    Thanked 5,936 Times in 3,557 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I couldn't get McMahon to the probowl in Madden 05. He sucked ass. However JP was a probowl rookie for me after I traded Drew for a 1st rounder!