Thread: Parcells wasn't lying when he said he liked Bledsoe

WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD. BuffaloRanger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Parcells wasn't lying when he said he liked Bledsoe

Remember when the Bills played the Cowboys two years ago? Parcells said he still liked Bledsoe as a QB. Many on these boards thought he was just Bull****ting. He was just being nice.

Now granted the 'boys didn't have alot of other choices, but the speed at which they are signing DB proves Parcells really does think he can still play.

I hate Parcells. I hate the Cowboys.
    Buffalo Only and Always.

Just paint a target on my forehead
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Parcells hated his game then and I doubt much has changed. Why sign him? Here's what I posted on another board:
    ----------------------------------
    "BTW - this is all about a desparate desparate man, trying to "one-up" his former assistant by doing one of the increasingly few things that former assistant hasn't already exceeded.

With Bill Belichick winning his third super bowl as a head coach, Parcells is grasping at anything he can to show HE is the true genius. One of the last ways to do that is to do something that with all his power Bill Belichick could not do.

Win games with Drew Bledsoe as your starter."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I respect the Pats and all, and have grown to accept that they are a truly great, great team, but if you think that's what this is all about, I think you are believing your own press (the Patriots) a little bit too much these days...

Jon

Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 7,332 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Parcels is so arrogant I'm sure he thinks he will be able to turn Drews carreer around. He'll find out he's wrong! I bet Parcels is not coaching the cowboys in 2006!

Just paint a target on my forehead
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap1
    I respect the Pats and all, and have grown to accept that they are a truly great, great team, but if you think that's what this is all about, I think you are believing your own press (the Patriots) a little bit too much these days...

Jon
    Well, except never underestimate Bill Parcells' ego.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think it's a simple as he wants a quick fix at QB. Tuna got the most out of Drew in NE, they both went to the Super Bowl in '96, so he feels he can do the same now. This is a make or break year for Tuna. He either makes huge strides with the team or he's gone.

Jon