Shelton-Henry trade not done yet, but still could be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Shelton-Henry trade not done yet, but still could be...

From the East Valley Tribune in Arizona:

First article:

Teams also can begin making trades March 2, and the Cardinals are expected to deal tackle L.J. Shelton at some point.

One possibility is to Buffalo for disgruntled running back Travis Henry, a deal that would likely have to include a contract extension for Henry to get completed. The Cardinals are playing coy on any of the Shelton talks, although they are known to be in discussions about dealing Shelton for Henry.

Trade talks are expected to intensify in Indianapolis, because every team has front-office types in town and player agents also hold one of their meetings there.

Then:

REGARDING HENRY

A source familiar with the situation said Tuesday the Cardinals remain a serious player in a possible trade for Buffalo Bills running back Travis Henry.

A deal is not done, however, and multiple teams are interested in both Henry and Cardinals tackle L.J. Shelton, who would ostensibly be dealt for Henry. With Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James getting the franchise tag Tuesday, Henry’s marketability is expected to go up.
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Come on TD....get the deal done buddy!!!
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
      With Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James getting the franchise tag Tuesday, Henry’s marketability is expected to go up.
      If that's the case I don't want the deal done yet. I want to get the most we can for Henry. Shop him around.

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        If that's the case I don't want the deal done yet. I want to get the most we can for Henry. Shop him around.

Couldn't agree more. It's not like Shelton is the greatest deal in the world. Having an extra 2nd rounder would be nice. Henry can be someone's franchise back. He's more valuable than people think.

Byrd.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I would rather have Shelton than a 2nd. He is ready to play right away and since we are going to lose Jennings we need that.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            I would rather have Shelton than a 2nd. He is ready to play right away and since we are going to lose Jennings we need that.
            I agree with Corey from B-lo.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              I agree with Corey from B-lo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I also agree- the draft is a gamble. Shelton's a proven player at a position we need to fill.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Actually my point is to shop Henry around to jack up the price on the Cards, and make them send Shelton AND a 3rd rounder or something.

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Actually my point is to shop Henry around to jack up the price on the Cards, and make them send Shelton AND a 3rd rounder or something.
                    Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe get a WR in the 3rd to throw in the mix. Arizona really needs Henry and Shelton seems like their Randy Moss. They just want to get rid off him. Bills shouldn't rush into this deal.

Byrd.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Exactly. Another alternative, however, could be to go to the Raiders and shop Henry there. They have plenty of backup lineman that could start for us - the guy Robert Gallery replaced was very good. We could do a trade for him and a 3rd/4th rounder. The Raiders might be keen on this now that they've got Moss and their WRs set. With Henry as their main RB, and the excellent O-line that they have, they could concentrate on defense for the rest of the draft. It might be appealing to them!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

You guys are high. If we don't get Shelton, we're screwed at LT.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

definitly. We aren't going to get Shelton and a 3rd.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Maybe TD is trying to get a conditional draft pick for 2006 out of the Cardinals, along with Shelton. I hope he does.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

If Arizona traded there #1 for Brees and picked up Henry they could have a very good offense (assuming Brees is not a one year wonder).

Comment

Working...
                              X