X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Not feeling too good here

We are going to lose Pat and Jonas(both possibly to the Jets). We are going to have a rookie QB next year and it doesn't look like we are bringing in any a experienced backup. The Henry for Shelton deal appears to have fallen through. COME ON TD MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!
  • regor
    • Jul 2002

Why does it look like we are not going to bring in an experienced backup? Because ESPN has not said so?

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

You guys lean way to heavy on ESPN info.

We are not looking for big name experienced starters like the past few seasons. Most of our needs are backups- except for OT and DT- and if we had starter /impact player FA money lying around- we would have resigned them instead of get someone else.

My bet is that TD will let the initial signing craze die down (when prices are high) and scoop up some very good bargains.

Except for Roosevelt Colvin, the Pats usuallt don't jump right into FAcy. They are patient.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

it seems to me like we're screwed. If we lose Jennings and Williams, plus have a rookie QB, this year's a waste. By next year, the D will be getting older, players will be leaving, etc and we're right back to the dreaded rebuilding.

Ever since Bledsoe got cut, I've had a horrible feeling about this year, and it's not getting any better. Something had to be done about Bledsoe cuz he wasn't playing well- I just wish JP had more experience. Now it looks like we're going to lose Williams and Jennings- we're getting worse and the Jets are getting better.

I hate the off-season, but I've never been less anxious for the start of football season than I am right now.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

True I am not saying we won't sign anyone but the market is weak. It seems like we will be taking steps back not forward.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

We're all of 9 hours and 40 minutes into free agency. Let's not give up hope quite yet.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              it seems to me like we're screwed. If we lose Jennings and Williams, plus have a rookie QB, this year's a waste. By next year, the D will be getting older, players will be leaving, etc and we're right back to the dreaded rebuilding.

Ever since Bledsoe got cut, I've had a horrible feeling about this year, and it's not getting any better. Something had to be done about Bledsoe cuz he wasn't playing well- I just wish JP had more experience. Now it looks like we're going to lose Williams and Jennings- we're getting worse and the Jets are getting better.

I hate the off-season, but I've never been less anxious for the start of football season than I am right now.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

what part of having a rookie QB behind a weakenend offensive line gives you confidence?
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

4 more months before this team is fully assembled.

If the rookie QB bothers you- take it up with the

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

In all honesty I haven't even looked at ESPN.com today. I just know that the free agent class is weak and we won't be able to replace the 2 players we are losing. That to me is guaranteeing a step back on both sides of the ball. Do you get the feeling that we will sign a veteran backup at QB that has the skills to come in to start if JP gets hurt or struggles?

Comment

• regor
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      what part of having a rookie QB behind a weakenend offensive line gives you confidence?

He's not a rookie and you don't know the o-line will be weakend when all is said and done. Give TD a little time

Comment

• generalmills
                        • Sep 2003

I am not so worried about this... teams have to part way with big players every year. To me Jennings is going to be far over paid wherever he goes if he gets the 5 mill. a year deal that it appears he is looking for. He is always injured in some way and was a good lineman who stood out due to the crap that lined up beside him...He was the best of a horrible crop. If we lose him and it enables us to get two decent big men on the line I feel it will be an improvement.

Pat is another can of worms. The guy can flat out play but we cant break the bank on him when we have Anderson and Edwards waiting for their chance. Even if they play "average" they still have Adams beside them to plug up th other side of the line. These guys have to be given a shot, otherwise we will never know what they can do. In the age of free agency and salary cap teams have to be willing to give the young guys a shot to step up. We are not the Washington Redskins, we can play with guys who are not the "hot name/item"...

Give it some time...we will sign a free agent that will get everyone excited...there is no reason to break the bank on the first couple of hours.

Comment

• regor
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Take it up with TD. We're not the ones that cut Drew.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by regor
                            He's not a rookie and you don't know the o-line will be weakend when all is said and done. Give TD a little time
                            He is not a rookie in terms of study time but in terms of playing time he is. That is a little better but not much.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Nah- I'm a JPD Deputy so I'm cool with the amigos. I am excited to see what JP can do, at the same time I know he's inexperienced and there will be a learning curve, so I expect the team to struggle. He's going to need some help, and having no LG and a weakened D line doesn't help.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X