Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry 15 carries!

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Henry 15 carries!

Good job Kevin!

Way to do your research. You get spanked like a felon at a Catholic school in round one, and then you do the same exact thing in round 2.

I've got some cheap land to sell ya just south of the Keys!

Time to get rid of these fools! The entire ship full! Screw continuity.

I have the arms of a new born baby! WCoastFin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    LMAO @ Wys...If theres a bills fan that deserves better its gotta be you Wys.
    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'd have to argue that Bills fans deserve better than Wys
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by casdhf
    Agreed!!!!!!
    LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by casdhf
    You can say that again!

Everyone :stone: Wys

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Is Wys wrong? Did anyone see any adjustments by the Bills? I didn't.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The only adjustment I saw was going with the white slacks with the white jerseys, for obvious reasons.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by lordofgun
    Is Wys wrong? Did anyone see any adjustments by the Bills? I didn't.
    What did you want the coaches to do given yesterday's situation?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    All you guys who want to blame the coaching for all the problems, would probably, if you were in a minor fender bend in a parking lot, would blame the guy for parking his car there.

We lost yesterday's game because, four interceptions were throwing and a fumble and New England scored on the majority of them. It had nothing to do with poor coaching but everything to do with the ball falling the wrong way and it happens to the best teams.

Get use to the coaching although we may lose the specialty team coach.

G. W. took the heat last year for the RJ Flutie BS. So just for that Donahoe owes G. W.. So don't expect any coaching or rather any major coaching changes.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
    "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Football-Sport of the Gods Buffarama's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Bellicheck did exactly what I said he would do to our resident genius coaching staff. He threw deep twice early, then went back to his old game plan.
    I used to laugh at Marv on the sideline fighting with his headset cord during the game. Now he looks like a genius next to this group.
    Someone tell GW Wapner is on at 7 now, maybe he can adjust.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Buffarama, so I guess that makes you our resident genius.

I myself feel we lost because of interceptions and the other team capitalizing on them. When you're 20 points down you have to catch up. So you are having to play your best game, and our best game is passing.

I don't think it had anything to do with Belicheck out coaching anybody, but rather more to do with unfortunate mistakes that cost us big. I also believe if those costly interceptions didn't happen you would have seem, more of a running game.

In pregame interview G. W. stated he wanted to use the running game,and I think the game plan originally was for that to happen.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,932 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    The score was 20-0 before most people could finish their first beer :drinker: and some people wonder why Henry only had 15 carriers.

We are lucky the score was only 27-17. If the Refs. weren't on are side yesterday and didn't call back 3 other Patroits Touchdowns the score would have been much worse.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Falling behind by 17 in the blink of an eye had at least something to do with it. I was actually impressed that they continued to run Travis at that point. But I would agree that 15 carried wasn't going to cut it in that game.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,932 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    If Bledsoe and the 1st half defense didn't play so poorly Henry would have gotten more carriers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    When the second half started we ran 4 consecutive pass plays. I was about to write a common, when they ran two running plays. At that time I didn't want to see us abandoned the running, that early. Then we were using a pretty good game plan until the fourth quarter, it became a must to use the pass at that point, and if nothing else they had to get Bledsoe back on the horse so to speak.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I don't think I need to explain this but I will anyway.

When you are down 20 points early and you begin to run getting 4 yards a play the clock starts running out even if it still is the 1st half. Running the ball 80 yards down the field can yield very long drives. Thats not what you want when you are trying to make up 20 points.

How many 20 point comeback have you heard of that were masterfully engineered by a RB? Never, it is always the QB, that is held respobsible for comebacks. Why? Because you have to pass the ball in those situations. TDRJ is 100% correct, the reason he got 15 carries is because the defense blew it early not because Gilbride is a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by CalBillsFan
    TDRJ is 100% correct, the reason he got 15 carries is because the defense blew it early not because Gilbride is a moron.
    Exactly.

Drew's my hero!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    We could have and should have run the ball more. The biggest thing is that NE knew we would go to a pass only game, and that is walking into their trap. I think we gave up on the run as soon as Henry dropped the ball near on the NE 1. Billicheck KNEW what play we were running next and called a D for it, we should have gone against the NE weakness and just rammed it down their throat. The can match our passing game with their nickle schemes, nothing they have can stop our running game, and we could pass and run on their base.

Hind sight being 20-20, Grey actually made an outstanding adjustment at the half, and we owned them the whole last two quarters, running the ball (I don't mean every play, just keep the D honest) was still an option, and our greatest advantage. I hope Gilby improves his balance, but a better D is really what we need, it will help everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,484 Times in 7,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Judge

What did you want the coaches to do given yesterday's situation?
    Quit, resign.......and make all the fans happy.

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by CalBillsFan
    I don't think I need to explain this but I will anyway.

When you are down 20 points early and you begin to run getting 4 yards a play the clock starts running out even if it still is the 1st half. Running the ball 80 yards down the field can yield very long drives. Thats not what you want when you are trying to make up 20 points.

How many 20 point comeback have you heard of that were masterfully engineered by a RB? Never, it is always the QB, that is held respobsible for comebacks. Why? Because you have to pass the ball in those situations. TDRJ is 100% correct, the reason he got 15 carries is because the defense blew it early not because Gilbride is a moron.
    Originally posted by Judge

Exactly.
    The only problem with that is that we were only down by 10 w/ almost 20 minutes to go in the game. That's nothing and certainly isn't any reason to be giving up on your running game at that point.

Secondly, this would also make some sense if Drew had; A) Played even remotely well in game 1, and B) if he were remotely playing well in game 2 at the time which he wasn't either. He, personally, was the reason why we were in the hole that we were in.

Therein lies the "Bledsoe bias!" It says that even when all the facts and evidence speak to the contrary, our best chances of winning lie with him. I simply don't understand that since he's never been a QB to win games by himself like Favre, Young, McNabb, Vick, Garcia, Warner, or several others.

You guys will defend him no matter what it seems. Since when on earth do you go to a passing game that's failed all game long for the most part with near 20 minutes left down by only 10 and against a team that when it's been beaten it's been due to opponents' rushing that's done it?