13 Jersey Jaguars
    14 Kalamazoo Kamikaze Squirrels
    15 Nasty Nights
    16 Bushwhackers
    17 Spaz Spartans
    18 Erie Assassins
    19 New York Goldmine's
    20 Maine Men

The next step is to review the player rankings. I hope to have those out later this week. At that point we can start the draft. To make things go faster you can post if you are skipping rounds. For example, I will not be drafting in the first round. I will exclude myself from the list. If you know you are not picking for a set of rounds just indicate that. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DRAFT IN EVERY ROUND. YOU CAN STOCK YOUR TEAM AND NOT PAY ANYBODY MORE THAN A $1 MILLION. YOUR TEAM MAY SUCK BUT YOU CAN DO IT.

I will set up a thread for each round. Please only post picks in that thread. IF you want to discuss how the draft is going please start another thread.

At this rate, I would suspect the $10 Million first round will be held on 4/15. We will take weekends off. The $7.5 million second and third rounds will be held on 4/18.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

I'm glad you mentioned about not having to draft in each round. That's not a bad idea.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
      I'm glad you mentioned about not having to draft in each round. That's not a bad idea.
      works out great...got to remember this is a keeper league and that after the first season new contract have to be tendered with raises...you cannot stock your team with high priced talent and try to keep it together long term.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        works out great...got to remember this is a keeper league and that after the first season new contract have to be tendered with raises...you cannot stock your team with high priced talent and try to keep it together long term.
        My thoughts exactly. I'm not even concerned with the win-loss record for this season, anyway. I'm more concerned with putting some of the pieces in place for the long run.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I love my spot!!!
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

works out awesome, should be very interesting to see how this goes.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Devin
              works out awesome, should be very interesting to see how this goes.

I hear ya. I forsee a lot of salary cap hell going on.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

I really have to see a breakdown of the cap and rounds to figure it out.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  I really have to see a breakdown of the cap and rounds to figure it out.
                  check the sticky thread that lays out the constitution

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

People will have to be careful of thier spending. Either Way there will be a lot of nice mixes.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

At this rate, I would suspect the $10 Million first round will be held on 4/15. We will take weekends off. The $7.5 million second and third rounds will be held on 4/18.
                      Man, this is the part that sucks about not having a M-F work week. Sure, everyone else gets to be free during their weekend, but on my days off, I'll be stuck checking the computer every hour or so. I may have to skip some rounds, due to inability to be near a computer. I guess my team will save some money that way, eh? lol

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                        Man, this is the part that sucks about not having a M-F work week. Sure, everyone else gets to be free during their weekend, but on my days off, I'll be stuck checking the computer every hour or so. I may have to skip some rounds, due to inability to be near a computer. I guess my team will save some money that way, eh? lol
                        yup...sorry about that...but having done this before it is next to impossible to get even a round done on the weekends. btw, if you want a pick in a round and cannot make it just submit a list of players for that round to me by PM or e-mail.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                          Ally, I suggest emailing Eb a list of guys you'd want for the round (s) you might not be available. That way, if you aren't there, he can select for you, from the list provided.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                            Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                            • Mar 2005

Yah, I have the first pick in the draft, but will be in school. What do you suggest?
                            The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RetroRaiders81
                              Yah, I have the first pick in the draft, but will be in school. What do you suggest?
                              send me a list or pass in the first round...if you miss your pick you can still pick at any time up until the end of the round.

Comment

Working...
                              X