X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Proposal Calls For New Downtown Stadium For Bills

Antoine M. Thompson, Masten District Council Member sponsored a resolution with the Common Council that will call for the construction of a new football stadium in downtown Buffalo for the Buffalo Bills. The resolution also asks for support in keeping the Bills here in Buffalo.

Thompson is hoping that a new stadium will help the economic situation as well as tourism in the City of Buffalo, especially with Bass Pro and the proposed Waterfront Development Project.
    ..more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

wow....how amazing would that be for the city of Buffalo??? What if it ends up being one similar to the Jets, does anyone think we would ever get the Super Bowl??
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I'm all for this. I feel building a stadium actually in Buffalo could increase restaurant sales and perhaps even bring shopping back to the dowtown area.

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Hopfuly it has a retractable roof so when its snowing we can open it up on the Dolphins.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
          I'm all for this. I feel building a stadium actually in Buffalo could increase restaurant sales and perhaps even bring shopping back to the dowtown area.

couple problems with it...major traffic tieups worse than we have now...and what about tailgating?
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

They should bulldoze some of the grain elevators next to the Naval Park. Put it right on the lake. Frozen Fish Sticks!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

The first smart thing I've heard come out of Buffalo government in sometime! This is exactly what needs to be done to keep the Bills in Buffalo and to help the City of Buffalo out. For it to have a major impact on the city, the stadium would have to be a retractable dome that could accommodate other events during the winter. It has to be done right and I'm glad that this subject has finally been brought up. The Ralph is outdated and does need to be replaced AND it needs to be in downtown Buffalo!

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                couple problems with it...major traffic tieups worse than we have now...and what about tailgating?
                Traffic? More so than what is in Orchard Park during the games now? Not possible. Trust me, you don't have traffic in Buffalo Phil. If major cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, LA, and NYC can do it, Buffalo will be a breeze. Building a stadium downtown may even force to better the mass transit system.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

I'm a big fan of this idea, but i can't see the taxpayers wanting to front money for another high-tech stadium in the state...

If it gets done, look for it to be somewhat similiar to the Ralph with certian accomidations for concerts, and perhaps soccer or something, but NO roof....too much money to ask for...
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

Living outside of B-Lo, I'd say to leave it where it is. I don't know if having a stadium in the middle of a city is a good idea. I know it sucks in Baltimore.

But if it will increase the economy of the city, go for it I guess.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Build it! The Bills wouldn't be moving if we get this.
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        if you think Buffalo has a traffic problem, come down here for a few days....

so all you people who were *****ing about the Jets stadium and the tax dollars for it- how do you feel now?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                          I'm a big fan of this idea, but i can't see the taxpayers wanting to front money for another high-tech stadium in the state...

If it gets done, look for it to be somewhat similiar to the Ralph with certian accomidations for concerts, and perhaps soccer or something, but NO roof....too much money to ask for...
                          they better NEVER build a stadium in Buffalo with a roof...
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            so all you people who were *****ing about the Jets stadium and the tax dollars for it- how do you feel now?
                            Ohhhhh good question, Op.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

This would eliminate tailgating. Nooo...leave it in Orchard Park.

Comment

Working...
                              X