Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebuffalobills4
    • Aug 2004

in my opinion,i would give s.williams a chance.this dude is a great relable back up.
    :oldskool:
    micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      Do keep in mind that even the worst of RB's gain 1000 yards in a season. It is not a huge accomplishment to gain 1000 anymore like it used to be.

1000 yards in a season isnt even 100 yards a game.
      i see your point BUT one in one his 1,000 yard seasons he started just 13 games, and averaged 4.2 per carry. If he would of started all 16 games that year he would of had a good chance a becoming a probowler. If we could pick him up for cheap id like to have him. Although i do like Shaud Williams.

Comment

• Mr.Reality
        • Nov 2002

He is just another Ki-Jana Carter. All hype no skill.
        If Thomas didn't mind being a backup, he'd be a great pickup. He's a productive running back. He's not blazing fast, but he can catch, and he manages to grind out yards. It can't be easy getting yards on a Bear team when nobody has to worry much about the pass.

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

he reminds me of Kenneth Davis, and would like him here
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

He is just another Ki-Jana Carter. All hype no skill.
            Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
            I have to say that I don't think it is fair to put Ki-Jana Karter as a complete failure with no skills. The guy destroyed his knee. It wasn't like he came into the league and absolutely sucked like Blair Thomas.
            Couldn't agree more. Watching him play his senior season at PSU, I'd say he could've had a solid career as a Thurman Thomas-like RB if not for the injuries. I still remember cordog screaming at him at the Bengals game in 96
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Charlieguide
              Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
              • Feb 2004

I like AT as a starter somewhere. He can make a legitamately argue that he's starting material, and the point has been made here: he's proven himself when given the opportunity, but the bears rarely gave one. Too many teams need a solid RB for him not to be considered an asset worth obtaining.
              The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

If he comes cheap and doesn't mind being a backup, he'd be OK. To be honest, I'm not too worried about who is my backuprunning back. There are bigger holes to worry about.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

I must respectfully disagree.

A backup RB is probably the most important backup on the team.

1. Most starting RBs miss at least 1-2 games a season. The backup has to be reasonably effective as a starter during those games to keep a playoff push alive. Remember how bad Joe Burns sucks when he got his starting opportunity? Couldn't get 2 yards per rush.

2. Backup RBs get carries every game - starting RBs need to have short rests. Also, if you run your starter too much they get worn out and are banged up in the playoffs or you lose years from their career. A good backup is often an important part of a championship team and can extend the career of a marquee back.

3. A good backup can add another dimension to a team. If the backup is decent and has a style different from the starter he can force the defense to plan for him, adding complexity to their weekly preparation. Consider Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett - if one guy isn’t working they just bring in the other guy.

I’m afraid I have no confidence right now that either Burns or Williams can be that guy. Backup RB is at least as important as any of the other holes we have.
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

I think it would be a good Idea to bring him in, A) he knows he wouldn't be the starter
                    B) he isn't that old C) he has shown moments of being a really good RB
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                    X