• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RetroRaiders81
    Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
    • Mar 2005

Question

What are the positions would you suggest to draft first?
    The Houston Retro Raiders.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RetroRaiders81
    What are the positions would you suggest to draft first?
    that is totally up to you...you want a QB first go for it...a CB first go for it...you build your team.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
      Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
      • Mar 2005

Thanks, I heard somewhere that you shouldn't draft a QB in the first round unless its a Manning...which I have the oppurtunity to get. Can I PM you my pick early b/c i'll be in school?
      The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

yes you can pm picks to Eb.

It really just depends on how you intend to build your team. As this will hopefully be a very long term thing, you may want to focus on youth, or the salary cap in preparing for future seasons. If your goal is to win right away you will want to grab another 1-2 first rounders and build a beast of a team immediatley.

If you go by madden formula QB/RB/WR will be your first picks.

The beauty of this league is that your the boss, build how you like!
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

winning now and later should be everyone's goal

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

I plan on spending every cent of my $85 million

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

I plan on getting Mike Nugent. That's all you need to win is a great kicker. Of course, he won't be able to play until next year (if I read it right, rookies won't be active until the following season), but at least I'll know I have a league championship coming to me.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                I plan on getting Mike Nugent. That's all you need to win is a great kicker. Of course, he won't be able to play until next year (if I read it right, rookies won't be active until the following season), but at least I'll know I have a league championship coming to me.
                you can select Nugent if you wish...in the rookie draft...not the stocking draft!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                  I plan on spending every cent of my $85 million
                  just remember if you want to make trades later that they have to fit into the salary cap constraints.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

but they arent active til the following season, because they arent on disk yes?
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RetroRaiders81
                      Thanks, I heard somewhere that you shouldn't draft a QB in the first round unless its a Manning...which I have the oppurtunity to get. Can I PM you my pick early b/c i'll be in school?
                      you can PM me a list at any time you please...once the draft is open you may also indicate that you want to pass certain rounds.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                        but they arent active til the following season, because they arent on disk yes?
                        correct...they were in college and thus, don't exist.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

trades ?? for some reason i think that for me to make a trade someone will have to knock my socks off with an offer I'd like to see how my team does the first year and correct my mistakes going into year 2, here is a question do we establish our own playbooks?? or does computer automatically determine that ???

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                            trades ?? for some reason i think that for me to make a trade someone will have to knock my socks off with an offer I'd like to see how my team does the first year and correct my mistakes going into year 2, here is a question do we establish our own playbooks?? or does computer automatically determine that ???
                            we are simming the games...the computer will do that...in the future, if we decided to play head to head, you can pick your own plays...i don't know if you can make your own plays. To play head-to-head, each member of the league has to buy the game at $49.99.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

sounds good, because if you had to play by a certain playbook that could determine on how or who you draft, how many recievers, etc., I know i may be asking questions I read in the constitution but lets say your first three picks are all WR's for some insane reason and they are all All Pro's do u decide or does the computer decide who starts and who is the # 3 reciever ??

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍