X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Yeah I knew If I skipped the 1st id have a tough time getting a solid QB. Ive traded my third, and will likely trade again somewhere between the 4th and 6th round
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
      well I look at it this way now I have no 2nd rounder if he turns out the way he looks like he may in the future its worth the risk, plus even if he wasnt with the Bills he is probably my favorite player in the NFL this way I dont have to root against him in our fantasy land LOL
      true...I think there are two levels here...you can win this year and be competetive next...the real strategy starts after the season when long term deals get handed out. Then you have to cut and really build a team and more strategy comes into play. The first year is almost a freebie. You can spend a lot of money without reprocussions.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

This years limit is 85, but if you spend that the following year will be painful!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
          This years limit is 85, but if you spend that the following year will be painful!
          remember...the players will have the same salary the year after they are drafted. when you draft them they are basically on a one-year try out.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

well that also where the rookie draft comes into play if ya get some good players there a couple high priced guys can go

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

that is true.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Gotta say that the first round was fun and exciting, didnt know what to expect when I signed up but im glad I did so far this is much more fun than I expected

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                  Gotta say that the first round was fun and exciting, didnt know what to expect when I signed up but im glad I did so far this is much more fun than I expected
                  by the 31st round we will all be pretty rung out...the free agent drafts are actually more exciting...

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

yeah i hear you this is quite fun doing the planning and such. I dont know how many of you have looked but this draft money adds up quick.

Be careful how you spend.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

chances are I will either trade out of my 2nd round spot or pass. so most teams will be at 17.5 while I will be at 20. and if you ask me TO is worth the 2.5mill upgrade.

I gave up a 10th to get him some gave up a 2-3.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        chances are I will either trade out of my 2nd round spot or pass. so most teams will be at 17.5 while I will be at 20. and if you ask me TO is worth the 2.5mill upgrade.

I gave up a 10th to get him some gave up a 2-3.

Have to agree with your logic there someone has to win the first year even if it means a down second or third year

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

but you have to look deeper into my trade I basically made two trades which the nets out to i recieve a 1st, 3rd and a 16th for a 2nd, 10th and 17th

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

But if you dust off the trsuty calculator, most of us are going to have to skip at least 2 of the higher rounds.

Rich has two 2nd and 3rd round picks now yes? Thats 30 mil right there on 4 players. I am not questioning anyones strategy at all I am sure you all know what your doing. But with 15-20 players left I added it up and was approaching critical mass. And im out of the third and hopefully 6th round.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Of course TO is worth the upgrade MBB, most players of first round calibur are.

Just saying taking 1 limits you in future rounds much less 2.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                                • Aug 2003

excel spreadsheets and an accounting background helps alot in this game

Comment

Working...
                                X