Thread: Contract Question

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Contract Question

So say this year I draft Player X in the first round, his deal this year is 10 Mil.

Next season what is his status? What I mean is:

Do we have to re-sign every player on our roster (we are assuming every drafted player has a 1 year deal)

If the above is true who sets the contract length and amount (so we dont have R.Rich signing all his players to 10 year $1 dollar deals)

And lastly simply because I am horrible with the cap, this year the total combined salary of our 53 man roster cannot be over 83 mil?

Just trying to figure this since it occurs to me after like 4-5 rounds if you draft each of them you will already have 35-40 mil in salaries. Almost makes you have to skip rounds.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Nevermind Eb I found the answer in the Constitution I must have missed it the first time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Im going to need some sort of cap calculator lol.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    What was the answer that you found?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    1 sec Ill post

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    16.6a – After completion of the first season each owner will be required to tender offers to at least 20 but no more than 35 players.

16.7 - The salary of a player with a multi-year contract of no more than four years will increase 1 million per every additional year. For example, a player with an initial salary of $500k signed to a four year contract will have salaries of $500k, $1.5 million, $2.5 million, and $3.5 million during the four years.

16.8 - Players signed to contracts of 5 years or more will have yearly increases of 1.5 million per year. So a player with an initial contract of $500k signed to a 5-year contract will have salaries of $500k, $2 million, $3.5 million, $5 million and $6.5 million for the relevant years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I however am not sure of this:

"Just trying to figure this since it occurs to me after like 4-5 rounds if you draft each of them you will already have 35-40 mil in salaries. Almost makes you have to skip rounds."

By my calculations skipping the 1st and 3rd rounds and drafting every other round up to 30 the combined salary is 70 Mil. with 25 players still needed to be drafted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    I however am not sure of this:

"Just trying to figure this since it occurs to me after like 4-5 rounds if you draft each of them you will already have 35-40 mil in salaries. Almost makes you have to skip rounds."

By my calculations skipping the 1st and 3rd rounds and drafting every other round up to 30 the combined salary is 70 Mil. with 25 players still needed to be drafted.
    that's correct...you can skip any rounds you want. if you want to spend $70 mil on 30 players then you will have $15 mil to spend on 23 players. At that point you will be doing a lot of spending at the 100K, 200k and 300K rounds.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Does the salary cap go up every year like in real life?

For example. This year it is 83 Mil, next year 85, then 86, then 88....or what?

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The salary cap goes up every year in real life?

I haven't paid any attention to the cap IRL, and have no clue how it works. Is there a good article or site with a basic explanation for newbies? Or would it be better for me, as far as the league is concerned, to just concentrate on this and not get confused with learning this and real life at the same time?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjam282
    Does the salary cap go up every year like in real life?
    No. The cap is at $85 mil until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Ally
    The salary cap goes up every year in real life?

I haven't paid any attention to the cap IRL, and have no clue how it works. Is there a good article or site with a basic explanation for newbies? Or would it be better for me, as far as the league is concerned, to just concentrate on this and not get confused with learning this and real life at the same time?
    This cap and the real NFL cap are vastly different. In the BZFL we do not have signing bonuses and stuff like that. For this league learn how we use our cap. For the first two years of the league it will be pretty easy. After that the salaries of players on your team escalate and you have to project how long you wish to sign them for.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep