Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    They're working real hard to get Ricky back, so I think they'll take whichever QB SF leaves on the board. They can't win with Feeley.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    miami doesn't have a 2nd rounder.i would trade down to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I think Miami will play it safe and draft Ronnie Brown. In truth, there is no QB this year that is worthy of taking really high. So why take a mediocre QB and pay him a large sum to be mediocre. If you are going to pay alot, might as well do it for someone that is actually going to be worth it.

I agree that they would love to trade down, but I don't think anyone is going to bite on that with this type of draft.

Saban will draft a RB 1st, maybe pick up a QB later that he hopes might develop - but possibly wait until next year to draft a real franchise QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I've said this a coupla other places ... but to say it again ...

Miami trades down with Washington, picking up the #9 and #25 picks in the draft. The likely picks will be Merriman, Burroughs or either PacMan or Rogers, and then later in the draft JJ Arrington. It's the perfect trade for Miami, enabling them to go defense first.

Later on, Patrick Surtain will be traded to KC for their #3 pick this year and two picks next year. This occurs after the Phins take a DB in the first round.

BTW ... Washington will sign Ty Law.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Granted Minnesotta is stupid but I dont think they are stupid enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 5 spots.
    They are hot for edwards. If we can get there two # 1's and a 2nd for Surtain, I could see this.

# 7 C. Williams or Benson
    # 18 Clayton or williamson

2nd Round- Charlie Frye

Now that would be a sweet draft!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    I'm sure some will flame me for being a Fin Fan but I was wanting to get an honest assessment of what the Bills fans feel we will do in the draft. RB, QB, WR, trade down, other?? Thoughts?? You can also add in your thoughts on what would help the Fins the most and also what position you would like to see us take at #2 as bitter rivals??? Have at it folks!!
    Ye ayou have to go QB with that 2nd then bounce back and go RB in the 2nd round...

clumping platelets
    I'm sure some will flame me for being a Fin Fan but I was wanting to get an honest assessment of what the Bills fans feel we will do in the draft. RB, QB, WR, trade down, other?? Thoughts?? You can also add in your thoughts on what would help the Fins the most and also what position you would like to see us take at #2 as bitter rivals??? Have at it folks!!

If Braylon Edwards is there at #2.....take him. If he goes #1 overall, make every effort to trade down, but if forced to take a player, avoid the QBs and one of the RBs

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Some well thought out replies thus far....Any more out there guys and gals??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think the only RB with star potential is Brown. But potential is the key word. The QB's have potential as well. How many more times will we be at #2? I'll go with QB. I also like Braylon Edwards...but Booker or Edwards would have to be traded.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I really feel that you Dolphins should just pick Maurice Clarret with your #2 overall. Then I think you guys should trade the rest of your picks away for some proven veterans in their mid 30s. This is the key to the Dolphins success, IMO!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    I really feel that you Dolphins should just pick Maurice Clarret with your #2 overall. Then I think you guys should trade the rest of your picks away for some proven veterans in their mid 30s. This is the key to the Dolphins success, IMO!
    Due to this response, I may need to retract the statement from earlier which is listed below....no, I won't blame this guy on the rest of you folks who gave good responses...ANY MORE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES??

Some well thought out replies thus far....Any more out there guys and gals??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'd take Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards. I'm not sold at all on Aaron Rodgers. I heard the Minnesota rumor, but I think Minnesota would be better served taking Mike Williams at #7, then adding another good player at #18.

The Washington trade above would work. I think Miami would be better served getting as MANY picks as they can (if possible) instead of worrying about a franchise player at #2. If they can't make it happen, take Brown or Edwards.

Jon

Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth Dicknoze69's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Trade down.

Saban is hoping another team is hot to trot for Edwards, Brown, or Rodgers. I'm betting he's right. It's an easy way to pickup draft picks for a team that sorely lacks young bodies.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by venis2k1
    the miami dolphins trade the second overall pick in the 2005 nfl draft to the New York Jets for QB Jay Fiedler.
    SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!!!
    The Jets are throwing picks around so they may give someone a pick to take Jay

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think that Edwards is the class of the 1st tier players in this years draft but I am always a little bit nervous about the selection of a WR in the first 5 picks of the draft. WR's are a dime a dozen and can be a very high risk at the top picks. It the WR works out then all is good for the GM but as is the case at any skilled position, a slow start of failure will be easily exposed by the general fan and could become media hell for the front office.. Should be interesting to see what Saban does with this pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I don't think RB's have any value at the top of the draft, but it depends on what SF does if they take Rodgers than Smith will be the pick, if they take Smith, than I think Saban will do his best to trade down and possibly take below value for the 2nd pick. If he stays at 2 I think it'll be Ronnie Brown. Noone really knows what Saban wants to do except Saban but it couldn't be as bad as what Wannstedt would've done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Due to this response, I may need to retract the statement from earlier which is listed below....no, I won't blame this guy on the rest of you folks who gave good responses...ANY MORE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES??
    Yeah, I have a couple.

How can you live with yourself when put on that Turquiose, and Orange blouses that you dolphin fans call Jerseys.

Dolphins, are you kiding me, What? wouldn't the NFL let you choose Unicorns as your mascot!

and Finally, Ricky, "cough" "cough", pass me that doobie snack.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If I'm going to get "negged" by someone who doesn't even have the courage to reveal who he is or why he is "negging" me for offering an honest opinion in response to this question---whether it's because some Fish fan didn't like my answer or because some Bills fan didn't like the fact that I bothered to answer a question about the Fish---then this is the last time that I am going to offer any kind of a fair analysis about any other team in the NFL on this board. I don't expect everyone to like or agree with things that I may post, but, if you are going to "neg" someone, at least have the courage to let the person know who you are and why you are "negging" them.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    LtPhinFan66,
    First, I would trade the pick for more picks...maybe middle first and a second??

Secondly, you are at Eglin AFB, not Egin AFB.
    22 year AF vet and "still" counting