Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by McD
    LtPhinFan66,
    you are at Eglin AFB, not Egin AFB.

when have you known for an officer in the military to be smart,let alone one who is a FISH fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    when have you known for an officer in the military to be smart,let alone one who is a FISH fan?
    Lol,
    As a Senior NCO myself, I cannot condone your disrespect towards an officer of the United States military.....oh what the hell, he IS a fish fan. You understand Lt, don't ya?

McD
    22 year AF vet and "still" counting

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by LifetimeBillsFan
    If I'm going to get "negged" by someone who doesn't even have the courage to reveal who he is or why he is "negging" me for offering an honest opinion in response to this question---whether it's because some Fish fan didn't like my answer or because some Bills fan didn't like the fact that I bothered to answer a question about the Fish---then this is the last time that I am going to offer any kind of a fair analysis about any other team in the NFL on this board. I don't expect everyone to like or agree with things that I may post, but, if you are going to "neg" someone, at least have the courage to let the person know who you are and why you are "negging" them.
    Man relax, I just playing, With the number 2 pick the dolphins will select Ronnie Brown, But i see them trading down.

Can someone explained the concept of "Negged"

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    If I'm going to get "negged" by someone who doesn't even have the courage to reveal who he is or why he is "negging" me for offering an honest opinion in response to this question---whether it's because some Fish fan didn't like my answer or because some Bills fan didn't like the fact that I bothered to answer a question about the Fish---then this is the last time that I am going to offer any kind of a fair analysis about any other team in the NFL on this board. I don't expect everyone to like or agree with things that I may post, but, if you are going to "neg" someone, at least have the courage to let the person know who you are and why you are "negging" them.
    Exactly!!! I've gotten negged twice in the last 2 days just for giving an opinion on a thread that asked for opinions. The threads were:

Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?
    and
    Bills like some Centers

I really would like to know how offering my opinion on what Miami might do, or a Center the Bills might target should get me negged. Please state a reason when you neg someone and don't be a coward...show your name!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by camelcowboy
    Man relax, I just playing, With the number 2 pick the dolphins will select Ronnie Brown, But i see them trading down.

Can someone explained the concept of "Negged"
    This is what the Billzone FAQ says:

Reputation is a system by which users can rate their fellow users.

To give reputation points, click on the SCALE icon in that user's post.

To check your reputation points, click on the SCALE icon in one of your own posts.

If your reputation is positive, you will see one or more green icons in your posts. If it's negative, those icons will be red.

Your Rep Power is your ability to give reputation points to others. The more rep power you have, the more reputation you may give. You can lose rep power by giving rep to others or by unsuccessfully using the ZoneBucks thief function.

You lose reputation power and reputation points by stealing ZoneBucks, and you lose even more if you unsuccessfully attempt to steal someone's ZoneBucks.

Premium Members can see all reputation received along with comments received in their User CP.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    Not an officer actually. Enlisted man, work for a living. LtDan became my nickname thanks to Forrest Gump. Though we Fin Fans have heard of a typo before. How about you? Or do you proof read each post 10-12 times to ensure no mistakes are made?

LtPhinFan66,
    First, I would trade the pick for more picks...maybe middle first and a second??

Secondly, you are at Eglin AFB, not Egin AFB.
    Do you know me? How do you know I am at Eglin? Maybe Egin is a new sister base to Eglin??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Wasn't me! You probably gave the most well thought out response on here. Appreciate it!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Lol,
    As a Senior NCO myself, I cannot condone your disrespect towards an officer of the United States military.....oh what the hell, he IS a fish fan. You understand Lt, don't ya?

McD
    Now that is funny!!! I am actually a TSgt, you know, those guys that do all your work for you?? (j/k) Had to throw that is there since you are a Bills guy

What do you do SNCO McD??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Exactly!!! I've gotten negged twice in the last 2 days just for giving an opinion on a thread that asked for opinions. The threads were:

Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?
    and
    Bills like some Centers

I really would like to know how offering my opinion on what Miami might do, or a Center the Bills might target should get me negged. Please state a reason when you neg someone and don't be a coward...show your name!!!
    Sorry if I have caused you guys to get negged(whatever that is) for asking for your intelligent responses as to what the rival Fins will do in the draft. Just wanted to see what you guys thought, not create problems with fellow Bills fans. If they negged you for offering a good response instead of some smarta$$ junk, then they have issues!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    Sorry if I have caused you guys to get negged(whatever that is) for asking for your intelligent responses as to what the rival Fins will do in the draft. Just wanted to see what you guys thought, not create problems with fellow Bills fans. If they negged you for offering a good response instead of some smarta$$ junk, then they have issues!!
    I don't blame you. Fans of any team should be welcome here - even if you are from our "most hated rivals". And we should be able to talk freely. I welcome you and other team fans. You give us a different perspective on things and on your team. We don't always have to agree on everything, but we should atleast respect each other. And I think most other team fans here adhere to that rule. There do appear to be some exceptions, however...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 3,503 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Due to this response, I may need to retract the statement from earlier which is listed below....no, I won't blame this guy on the rest of you folks who gave good responses...ANY MORE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES??
    You are going to come in here and act like there's no animosity between the two clubs? Get real!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    You are going to come in here and act like there's no animosity between the two clubs? Get real!
    No but I am here to talk football, not smack so I would expect that respect even if we are rivals. I am not starting trouble and the majority on here are very gracious. Enough said!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    No but I am here to talk football, not smack so I would expect that respect even if we are rivals. I am not starting trouble and the majority on here are very gracious. Enough said!!
    I know were rivals, but i really don't feel any animosity anymore. In the old days Miami, and Buffalo you would wait all season for these games. A little smack is fun, as long as it doesn't get personal. I guess im depressed because i feel New England is now are closest rival. Even though they always embarrass us. God, we need to go to the playoffs again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Now that is funny!!! I am actually a TSgt, you know, those guys that do all your work for you?? (j/k) Had to throw that is there since you are a Bills guy

What do you do SNCO McD??
    I love those guys who do all the work for me, cuz that's what I did for 14 years .

I'm the Electrical Systems Section Chief in CE. What about you?

McD

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    For my part, I HATE the Fish! I will always HATE the Fish! I will go to my death-bed hoping that they go winless ten years in a row....!!!

And, I despise trolls and those who think that insulting the fans of other teams somehow makes them a bigger fan of their own team even more than I hate the Fish!!!!! I used to be a regular on ESPN.com's Bills messageboard, but left there to find a home here because I all of the trolls and garbage that was being spewed out there.

But, as much as I HATE the Fish and can't understand why anyone would want to continue being one of their fans and despise trolls and smack-talk, I really enjoy talking and writing about football and exchanging thoughts and ideas with others who love the game and care enough about their team and the game to be well-informed and able to share their knowledge and interest with others---regardless of what team they happen to be a fan of. That's the reason that I have been frequenting this messageboard as much as I have been: there are a lot of people who post here who know a lot about not just the Bills, but the game and what's happening with the other teams in the league.

This is a great message board and I think that it is the kind of place where a fan of any team should be able to pose a reasonable question in a respectful manner asking for the views of Bills fans and be able to get an equally reasonable and respectful answer.

Unlike some posts I've read here by fans of other teams, the post that began this thread was, in my opinion, just that kind of question and I tried to address it in the same kind of reasonable and respectful manner in which I felt that it had been posed. While I expect that there would be more than a few people who would disagree with my logic and/or my answer and have an entirely different opinion of their own, I must admit that I was rather shocked and disappointed to find that I had been "negged" for my response to the the question without any explanation or anyone addressing the points that I raised in my reply in a subsequent post: if you're going to "neg" me, at least tell me why or what it was that I wrote that prompted you to do so. That's only fair.

And, personally, I don't think that answering a question that has been posed in a reasonable and respectful manner in a reasonable and respectful manner is a reason to be "negged"--unless there is something truly stupid or outlandish in that response, which should certainly be pointed out.

Now, that's just my opinion. I'm sure that there are going to be others who will disagree. And, if so, I hope that anyone who feels differently strongly enough to want to "neg" me will at least take the time to tell me what I have said that he/she disagrees with. I would certainly accord anyone else that same degree of courtesy and respect.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Tell us how you really feel LifetimeBF, lol!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I love those guys who do all the work for me, cuz that's what I did for 14 years .

I'm the Electrical Systems Section Chief in CE. What about you?

McD
    I work in POL. If it needs gas, we are your guys!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 3,503 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    The one thing you don't understand, sir, is that you aren't the only guy who comes into the Billszone as a fan of the Dolphins. Everyday some fan from another team comes in an starts talking smack. So you get a bad rap without even posting because of your name. And sir, it's quite obvious you are indeed a sensitive Dolphins fan, it's understandable. The military has really changed over the past 5-6 years and is more sensitive than ever. And yes I can and will say that since I have been in the army for 9 years.

Just relax and have fun!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    The one thing you don't understand, sir, is that you aren't the only guy who comes into the Billszone as a fan of the Dolphins. Everyday some fan from another team comes in an starts talking smack. So you get a bad rap without even posting because of your name. And sir, it's quite obvious you are indeed a sensitive Dolphins fan, it's understandable. The military has really changed over the past 5-6 years and is more sensitive than ever. And yes I can and will say that since I have been in the army for 9 years.

Just relax and have fun!
    Understood that other fans come in and talk smack. That is not what I did. If you look in the new guy area where I first posted, you will see that. If I want to smack or be smacked, I will hit the smack forum just like at FinHeaven

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Talking

I work in POL. If it needs gas, we are your guys!!

i have gas.