Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?

I'm sure some will flame me for being a Fin Fan but I was wanting to get an honest assessment of what the Bills fans feel we will do in the draft. RB, QB, WR, trade down, other?? Thoughts?? You can also add in your thoughts on what would help the Fins the most and also what position you would like to see us take at #2 as bitter rivals??? Have at it folks!!

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Ronnie Brown, who after rushing for 1600 yards as a rookie will on the eve of the playoffs decide to have a sex change operation and will thereafter be known as, well, Ronnie Brown.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Whichever of the 2 QB's don't get drafted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    Ronnie Brown, who after rushing for 1600 yards as a rookie will on the eve of the playoffs decide to have a sex change operation and will thereafter be known as, well, Ronnie Brown.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    the miami dolphins trade the second overall pick in the 2005 nfl draft to the New York Jets for QB Jay Fiedler.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think they take Benson, because I think hes the best back in the draft!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by venis2k1
    the miami dolphins trade the second overall pick in the 2005 nfl draft to the New York Jets for QB Jay Fiedler.
    Believe me, they are Jay haters who would probably believe that:)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think they will take rodgers.

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think the Dolphins have been making all the right moves this year. Nick Saban is a great coach. This isn't going to be a one year rebuilding project so I think it is best to get players that are going to be players in the future and not so much right away.

As far as the draft, I am not a big fan of Aaron Rodgers. I never like guys who don't come to play in big games and I also don't like guys who come on in one year and are all of a sudden big time prospects. If I were the Dolphins I would do anything to trade down and start stockpiling picks. I heard a crazy rumor that the Vikings were going to give them their two first round picks and Michael Bennett. If that were true they should and most likely would jump on that in a second.

If they don't trade I think the best player for that team is Ronnie Brown. He is a back that gives them all the dimensions that are needed in an "every down back." If the thinking is that Lamar Gordon is going to be their man this year I might look at Braylon Edwards. That kid can flat out play ball. They can then look in the second round for a very good player, maybe even Charlie Frye if he slips that far.

Now I will go back to hating you and your crappy team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The Dolphins are desperately trying to trade down. All this about taking Smith or Edwards is just a smoke screen IMO. They are hoping by saying this they can get a team to trade up with them. In the end, if the dolphins are unable to trade down I still think they will select Ronnie Brown.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Saban knows that you have to be able to run the ball in order to win in the NFL and there's no one on their roster at the moment who is capable of giving him that. Having given up their 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley, they need to give him a chance to develop as a starter and can work around his limitations if they have a running game, so, while they need a QB, I'm not sure that it would be wise to take one of the QBs in this draft--who won't be ready to start until next season--and leave the team without a running game or a settled QB situation.

With all of their needs, the best thing that they could do would be trade down and pick up additional picks and try to pick up one of the Big Three RBs later on, but I don't see a lot of teams immediately below them being interested in trading up and, as a result, I doubt that they get a deal done that will guarantee that they won't get stuck having to reach for a RB, like JJ Arrington, later on--and IMHO that's too much of a risk for them to take.

So, consequently, I think that they would be crazy not to take the RB that they have rated the best of the Big Three RBs--in my view, Ronnie Brown.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by buffmaniac
    The Dolphins are desperately trying to trade down. All this about taking Smith or Edwards is just a smoke screen IMO. They are hoping by saying this they can get a team to trade up with them. In the end, if the dolphins are unable to trade down I still think they will select Ronnie Brown.
    Saban is all about team . I'm sure he thinks he can win one w/ a cheaper/low profile qb and turn them into an efficient unit just like Bellichick. I hope Mularkey is up to the task. If Saban is anything like Bellichick, he'll know how to get his team prepared for game day regardless of who's on the roster.

With that being said, I think he'll want to trade down and build through the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if Saban wants Matt Jones if he is able to trade down. Mularkey, Bellichick and I'm sure Saban would like players that can play multiple positions. It's hard to say though. I wonder if he knows if RW is coming back. That would change every mock draft there is out there with him in the equation.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Dolphins take WR Braylon Edwards #2 and in the 3rd take RB Ryan Moats. They get the best player in the draft, and a possible sleeper RB. 4th round you go QB like Kyle Orton who may fall to there but I doubt it, other possibilities are Stefan Lefors or Bryan Randall. After that its a crap shoot.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think Miami will trade end up trading with the Vikings and they will recieve both the #7 and #18 pick(and possibly a mid-late rounder). With the 7th pick I see them taking Caddie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7
    I think Miami will trade end up trading with the Vikings and they will recieve both the #7 and #18 pick(and possibly a mid-late rounder). With the 7th pick I see them taking Caddie.
    What's up fellow Fin Fan!! Hope that happens so we have extra picks!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Granted Minnesotta is stupid but I dont think they are stupid enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 5 spots.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Granted Minnesotta is stupid but I dont think they are stupid enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 5 spots.
    Its been stated in reports that they ARE considering trading both 1st rounders to move up to #2 to draft Edwards.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Its been stated in reports that they ARE considering trading both 1st rounders to move up to #2 to draft Edwards.

links?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    links?
    Go to FinHeaven. I post all the news on the front page.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    As a Michigan fan, Braylon may find his "best" home in terms of WR numbers with Miami. Hell, it's better than being a Brown!

Seriously, though, I don't think Rodgers or Smith is a "can't miss", so Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams are probably most likely for Sabin's pick at #2 (Unless they trade down).