• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
    How about 5 picks at $5 million and then they can start with Nasty Night's picks on Friday?
    Mikey...don't be overly concerned...there were only 3 picks at the $5mil range...it might not be fair to give them 4 picks at that range...

Unless somebody has a major problem we will go with a new owner on Friday and that new owner will have 3 $5mil picks and 1 $4mil pick...they MUST make all 4 picks.

Please state any objections below.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

If it's such a big advantage to miss the first 7 rounds, why hasn't anyone passed every round then?

Comment

• The Chef
        • Mar 2005

1B

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          If it's such a big advantage to miss the first 7 rounds, why hasn't anyone passed every round then?
          Its not in year 1 but would be in subsequent years if your vision for your team was to build through free agency

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pmacla
            Its not in year 1 but would be in subsequent years if your vision for your team was to build through free agency
            I don't get it. You can cut all of your high price players if you want to at the end of the year. What's the difference?

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

I don't get it. You can cut all of your high price players if you want to at the end of the year. What's the difference?
              which is an excellent point...that is why I am willing to let them have the 4 picks and just get this moving...any owner can practically dump all his high priced talent and start new next year...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Im cool with what has been decided maybe I'm just thinking too much into everything

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by pmacla
                  Im cool with what has been decided maybe I'm just thinking too much into everything

Nothing wrong w/ thinking. You hear that, Mikey?

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

So, you want to give them 5 picks to make up for 7 lost rounds, and make them pay the prices of the first few rounds. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I'd be suprised if you found anyone who'd want to take over the team.

I also fail to see how it's "unfair" to the other teams to give the guy 5 picks to catch up. He's already missed out on Big name players. If the guy was around to make his picks, I guarantee half the teams would've had to drafted differently.

All I'm saying is, telling someone that they get 8th round talent for first round price is stupid, and nobody that I'd want to compete against would do it, it would be suicide from the first step.
                    You obvious misread what I wrote. I'm agreeing with you that they shouldn't pay 1st round money on a guy. Either 1 of 2 things I would like to see happen. I would like for them to start in round 8 and not have any picks previous (as if they were to skip them) or do the idea that Eb put up. Either 1 is fine.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      Mikey...don't be overly concerned...there were only 3 picks at the $5mil range...it might not be fair to give them 4 picks at that range...

Unless somebody has a major problem we will go with a new owner on Friday and that new owner will have 3 $5mil picks and 1 $4mil pick...they MUST make all 4 picks.

Please state any objections below.
                      Okay, i'm fine with that one. But can't we find a way to start them tomorrow before the talent diludes anymore?

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

They should also get to punch the owner who dropped out in the face.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                          They should also get to punch the owner who dropped out in the face.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

Eb.... don't think you should be too concerned about the guy having kids or something... born in 1987 so he's 17-18 years old. if he had kids they would not be in school. the draft has been going on for week and nothing from him... if he returns upset you could give him the choice of taking the team back withthe players already selected for him...

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                              • Jul 2002

I like Eb's idea of starting Friday and giving him four $5M and one $4M to catch up some.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                                Give me a minute...
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                                Eb.... don't think you should be too concerned about the guy having kids or something... born in 1987 so he's 17-18 years old. if he had kids they would not be in school. the draft has been going on for week and nothing from him... if he returns upset you could give him the choice of taking the team back withthe players already selected for him...
                                Right now, this is the game plan I think we will go by...I will think about it. If we do this should the picks be made before round 7?

Comment

Working...
                                X