X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    I would like to add that the owner shouldn't have to pay 1st round pricing for 8th round talent. I say the value of his first picks should be the same as which round we are at at that point in the draft.

Missing the first 6 or so rounds is punishment enough, you want to make the person pay 10 million for a 3-4 million dollar talent? That's absurd.

Fair enough. It's as if they traded down to that spot anyway, so they shouldn't have to pay higher than where they're drafting. Whoever it is, they're behind the 8 ball to begin w/, having lost so many early round chances. Why penalize them any more?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
      • Aug 2003

I would like to add that the owner shouldn't have to pay 1st round pricing for 8th round talent. I say the value of his first picks should be the same as which round we are at at that point in the draft.

Missing the first 6 or so rounds is punishment enough, you want to make the person pay 10 million for a 3-4 million dollar talent? That's absurd.

Under that scenario I would change my vote because I think that would be more unfair to the other owners

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

I agree but they shouldn't get all those picks to make up. It should be the 8th round is there 1st pick and they go in the order like if they were to skip the 1st 7 rounds.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

what if we bring the new owner in on Friday...they will have missed the first 8 rounds...we could let them have 4 picks at the following:

5th $5
          6th $5
          7th $4
          8th $4

would that work??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

That works for me though they have disadvantage this year they do havean advantage next year

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
              I agree but they shouldn't get all those picks to make up. It should be the 8th round is there 1st pick and they go in the order like if they were to skip the 1st 7 rounds.
              So, you want to give them 5 picks to make up for 7 lost rounds, and make them pay the prices of the first few rounds. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I'd be suprised if you found anyone who'd want to take over the team.

I also fail to see how it's "unfair" to the other teams to give the guy 5 picks to catch up. He's already missed out on Big name players. If the guy was around to make his picks, I guarantee half the teams would've had to drafted differently.

All I'm saying is, telling someone that they get 8th round talent for first round price is stupid, and nobody that I'd want to compete against would do it, it would be suicide from the first step.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

So, you want to give them 5 picks to make up for 7 lost rounds, and make them pay the prices of the first few rounds. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I'd be suprised if you found anyone who'd want to take over the team.

I also fail to see how it's "unfair" to the other teams to give the guy 5 picks to catch up. He's already missed out on Big name players. If the guy was around to make his picks, I guarantee half the teams would've had to drafted differently.

All I'm saying is, telling someone that they get 8th round talent for first round price is stupid, and nobody that I'd want to compete against would do it, it would be suicide from the first step.
                check my last post...people made good points..we are not going to make them draft at those high levels...but there is enough talent left to let them draft at the $5 mil and $4mil level...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  check my last post...people made good points..we are not going to make them draft at those high levels...but there is enough talent left to let them draft at the $5 mil and $4mil level...
                  Didn't see it before I posted that, sorry. I agree with that idea. give them 4 picks at those prices, then just give them the Nasty Nights draft slot and continue on from there.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                    • Aug 2003

It becomes unfair when you factor the fact that they will make up for the loss of first few rounds of talent in two ways, A.) they will not have to trade out of or pass picks in rounds which will make up for talent loss and B.) If their most expensive player is paid $3 million lets say, makes it easy for them to lock up their players for future years and also makes them by far the most powerful owner come free agency next year when they can offer other owners players contracts that the owner can not match because of cap restraints, so yes there is a disadvantage to come in at this point but that is the original owners fault he should not have agreed to participate and then flake its like buying a business when it is down may not be his fault but its the price of admission

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                      That works for me though they have disadvantage this year they do havean advantage next year
                      that's the problem. They have a HUGE advantage cap wise and will be able to gobble up FAs. I think that if we bring them in, we need to start them tomorrow morning by round 7. That makes it so there is still SOME talent left that is worth $5 or even $7.5, and they also don't have as big of an advantage next year.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

It becomes unfair when you factor the fact that they will make up for the loss of first few rounds of talent in two ways, A.) they will not have to trade out of or pass picks in rounds which will make up for talent loss and B.) If their most expensive player is paid $3 million lets say, makes it easy for them to lock up their players for future years and also makes them by far the most powerful owner come free agency next year when they can offer other owners players contracts that the owner can not match because of cap restraints, so yes there is a disadvantage to come in at this point but that is the original owners fault he should not have agreed to participate and then flake its like buying a business when it is down may not be his fault but its the price of admission
                        at this point we may have to suck it up a little and just move forth regardless any advantage they might get in the future.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

I will live with the 4 picks at $5 million and they pick in Nasty Nights pick starting Friday morning I think that is a fair compromise

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

i think the problem is...we waited too long. Something like this should have happened in the 3rd or 4th round. It would be much more fair and wouldn't have changed things like giving him 5 picks in a row will do and letting him only have to pay $5 and $4 million for them. How about all 5 picks are $5 million a piece? That helps a little bit and honestly, i still think that there is a bunch of talent out there to start a brand new team. but it has to begin TOMORROW IMO.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

I will live with the 4 picks at $5 million and they pick in Nasty Nights pick starting Friday morning I think that is a fair compromise
                              How about 5 picks at $5 million and then they can start with Nasty Night's picks on Friday?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                                How about 5 picks at $5 million and then they can start with Nasty Night's picks on Friday?

I can Live with that as well, there is more than enough talent out there for them to still be competitive or if we can get someone today we can do 4 picks at $5 mil and they pick in Nsty Nights spot tommorrow either way Ill support it

Comment

Working...
                                X