Thread: Question about player retirement...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Question about player retirement...

What happens under this scenario:

In spring, 2006, I sign a player to a 5 year contract (BZFL 2006-2010). He plays in the NFL (and in the BZFL) in 2006. After the 2006 NFL season, he announces his retirement from the NFL. I assume that he will still have stats for the 2007 BZFL season (which are based on the 2006 NFL season), and therefore could theoretically play. Can he play in the 2007 BZFL season?

After the 2007 BZFL season, what happens to his contract? Am I on the hook for the remaining three years? Or do contracts for retired players vaporize?
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch
    What happens under this scenario:

In spring, 2006, I sign a player to a 5 year contract (BZFL 2006-2010). He plays in the NFL (and in the BZFL) in 2006. After the 2006 NFL season, he announces his retirement from the NFL. I assume that he will still have stats for the 2007 BZFL season (which are based on the 2006 NFL season), and therefore could theoretically play. Can he play in the 2007 BZFL season?

After the 2007 BZFL season, what happens to his contract? Am I on the hook for the remaining three years? Or do contracts for retired players vaporize?
    if he plays in the NFL then he is eligible for the game disk...but if he retires??damn...good question...let me do some research on that!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,469 Times in 14,177 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    if he plays in the NFL then he is eligible for the game disk...but if he retires??damn...good question...let me do some research on that!

Id assume we would just let the sim determine when the player retires, kinda like in a franchise on Madden. A player may retire next year in the NFL but may play 4 more seasons in Madden.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Id assume we would just let the sim determine when the player retires, kinda like in a franchise on Madden. A player may retire next year in the NFL but may play 4 more seasons in Madden.
    can't do this with this game...the folks that develop the game only put players in that played in the previous season...if the guy does not play he does not exist.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,279 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    I'd rather go by the NFL, there are some random things like retirement that shouldn't be left up to a SIM.