X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Eagles still interested in Henry?

Ok, I didn't want to post anything until I could find a suitable link, but there just isn't one out there. So, I'll add to the mass hysteria of rumors. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Here it is...

This morning I was listening to 680 The Fan here in Atlanta (ESPN syndicated radio in the afternoon), and Jamie Dukes (local radio celeb) made mention that the Eagles are still interested in Travis Henry because of some contract issues they are having with Westbrook (?). He went on stating that although the Eagles are still interested that the Bills may still not get what they feel is adequate compensation for Henry becasue of the the currently low demand for RBs in the league. He really didn't go into any serious detail on what I'm calling a very stiff rumor.

However, 680 The Fan is the same radio station that broke the Peerless Price trade story a few years ago. So in case there is some legitamacy concerning this rumor, I wanted to be sure to relay this questionable info to all of you.

I went to the website and even sent Jamie Dukes an email asking for a little more detail. I have yet to hear back from him, and the website did not provide any information.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

There's is always interest, but its seems to be more Philly using TH as leverage against Westbrooks demands.

Titans could be a TH player, and Clevelands newly acquired RB, Droughns is being rumored as a hold out this year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I can confirm with Red about 680 the fan they are usually pretty spot on about rumors, they broke the Hudson deal to Atlanta first also. I heard them this morning also and I wanna hear if he gets back to you Red.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I guess I was under the impression that once Philly drafted an RB that Henry was no longer a necessity. This info this morning caught me by suprise. I'll post any information that I'm given. I don't know what he was talking about with Westbrook. I didn't realize that he was having contract issues.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Sirius NFL radio was talking aboout this the other day. Sure, they drafted a RB, but he's somewhat of a Westbrook clone. They need a RB who can get then 4 yards a carry in between the tackles.

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            Sirius NFL radio was talking aboout this the other day. Sure, they drafted a RB, but he's somewhat of a Westbrook clone. They need a RB who can get then 4 yards a carry in between the tackles.
            Not really- they just need to give McNabb a pepto in the 4th quarter when he starts to dry heave.

The Eagles are and will be a passing team. Henry wouldn't appear to fit what a back needs to do for them, namely pick up the blitz, be a receiving threat out of the backfield and be a speed threat on the edge. Since they showed interest in Henry I guess they disagree but Moats has more potential IMO than Henry for them. 6+ yards a carry and 1700+ yards rushing as a senior is pretty impressive. Like Henry, he is a smaller back also and needs to work on his receiving skills but I can't believe the Eagles still want Henry after drafting Moats.
            finsrclowns

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

Hello, this is for all you McFly’s out there …

Westbrook is an animal at cranking out total yards, but he isn't a workhorse back. Think Thurman Thomas without the power running ability. He can catch like flypaper - he led the league in RB receptions (73, 703, 6). But he only got 812 yards rushing and 3 running TD's.

That won’t get it done for a featured back. Running plays are more reliable and consistent than passing plays, and a good team has a RB they can count on to crank out yards on the ground. As awesome as Westbrook is, he can’t do that. Travis Henry can.

Philly would be a much stronger rushing threat if they had both Henry and Westbrook as a platoon. Think Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott, or Kevan Barlow and Garrison Hearst. It’s very doable, especially in their offense.

Philly always had liked to have multiple RB threats and this would be an excellent one for them.
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

What about the Giants. Didn't they draft some Antowain Smith-like schmuck in the 5th round? They don't have anyone behind Barber who is probably best suited as the receiving half of a tandem.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

I just keep on wondering why isn't any team not only interested in T.H. but aren't eager to get him?...why can't they understand that if you pick up Henry your team not only upgrades it's offense but also dominates possesion time which is very crucial for ANY team...
                  think about it.... if some1 like the Patriots offered Buffalo a satisfying trade bait...then you have the world champions with not only 1 but 2 proven horses, major upgrade......and I'm just using the Pats as an example, it could be any team.....
                  anyways that's just my thought but I also know that if we do keep him there's no way Henry is not gonna play , and there's no way that Henry is gonna be any kind of distraction, we know he doesn't wanna be here he knows it 2, but He also knows this is his last year here why would you let your pride get in front of your pockets??..why?...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Luisito23
                    I just keep on wondering why isn't any team not only interested in T.H. but aren't eager to get him?...
                    Probably because dealing w/ TD is like dealing w/ a used car salesman... a used car salesman who will critisize not only you but his product if he doesn't get his way.

I blame three people for not getting TH outta here:

1- TD
                    2- Bledsoe, because he is still the cause of all our problems
                    3- Canada

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                      Probably because dealing w/ TD is like dealing w/ a used car salesman... a used car salesman who will critisize not only you but his product if he doesn't get his way.

I blame three people for not getting TH outta here:

1- TD
                      2- Bledsoe, because he is still the cause of all our problems
                      3- Canada
                      So you wanted a 2nd day pick for TH?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

So you wanted a 2nd day pick for TH?
                        No... but the way TD handles things it's no surprise that no other GM's are willing to negotiate with him or give him equal value. What kind of GM tries to trade for somebody, then publicly bashes him (Shelton)

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Publicly bashes him?

Link?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Nobody gave the Bills a 3rd rounder for the same reason no one gave The Colts or seahawks a second rounder for their pro-bowl RB's-

THE MARKET SUCKED!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              • Jan 2004

Publicly bashes him?

Link?
                              he said something along the lines where Shelton wouldn't even have been starting for our line even if we had brought him in. Not really a good way to conduct business.

Comment

Working...
                              X