X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
    I think him signing with the Patsys is a sign that this will be his last season in pro football. I think he wants to end it where he started it. Kudos to Flutie!
    He started his career with Chicago.

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Good luck, Flute!

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr.Right
        nah....

Flutie is a "team player"

Originally posted by Valerie
        At least with Flutie, he deserves one.
        just because you think he's hot?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Johnny Utah
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Valerie
          Rob Johnson got a Super Bowl ring for just sitting on the bench while "playing" for Tampa Bay. And he most certainly didn't do a damn thing in his football "playing" career to deserve one. At least with Flutie, he deserves one. I really hope he can get a ring with the Patriots. But, with his luck, this will be the year they tank. lol
          RJ's career is not even the point. But while on that subject, he does deserve the ring with the bucs because he did his part as a backup when called upon. If I recall, Gruden asked him not to throw away the game, which he did not. It wasn't pretty, but he did what was asked of him. Why is it flutie deserves a ring more than rj when he's never been on a team that's gone all the way to the superbowl? Sorry, not even a younger Ben Roethlisberger who had a flutie season was able to get past the afc championship. I don't know what makes you flutie fans think with flutie, buffalo would have won the superbowl with his tired arm. When flutie plays a regular season, the defense helps him as it usually does and the the teams wins the super bowl, then he would have definitely deserved it. Don't worry, if the little guy never ends up winning one then he'll always be known in the nfl as the guy who was more popular than rob johnson. What a legacy.
          I really am curious as to know what doug flutie is using to brainwash you guys.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

some people think he's cute
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ticatfan
              The Meathead of Muslims!
              • Jul 2002

21-9
              Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
              Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• ticatfan
                The Meathead of Muslims!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
                RJ's career is not even the point. But while on that subject, he does deserve the ring with the bucs because he did his part as a backup when called upon. If I recall, Gruden asked him not to throw away the game, which he did not. It wasn't pretty, but he did what was asked of him. Why is it flutie deserves a ring more than rj when he's never been on a team that's gone all the way to the superbowl? Sorry, not even a younger Ben Roethlisberger who had a flutie season was able to get past the afc championship. I don't know what makes you flutie fans think with flutie, buffalo would have won the superbowl with his tired arm. When flutie plays a regular season, the defense helps him as it usually does and the the teams wins the super bowl, then he would have definitely deserved it. Don't worry, if the little guy never ends up winning one then he'll always be known in the nfl as the guy who was more popular than rob johnson. What a legacy.
                How about heart, that he never gives up,always giving 100%, even when everbody is telling him he can't play,he is to short or he has a tired arm,the same arm that he threw for over 40000 yrds up here. But the real funny thing is ,he is still in the league and alot of QB'S have come and gone since.
                Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• STAMPY
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Sep 2003

Doug Flutie gave us our best season since Jim Kelly. That's a fact

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ticatfan
                    21-9

How about heart, that he never gives up,always giving 100%, even when everbody is telling him he can't play,he is to short or he has a tired arm,the same arm that he threw for over 40000 yrds up here. But the real funny thing is ,he is still in the league and alot of QB'S have come and gone since.

Originally posted by STAMPY
                    Doug Flutie gave us our best season since Jim Kelly. That's a fact

No brainwashing here.

If you can't admit that he made things happen... somehow... when he was in there, you must not have been watching those couple years.

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

So you're telling me all those things are the reason he deserves a ring? Would you care to mention all the negative things too?

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BAM

No brainwashing here.

If you can't admit that he made things happen... somehow... when he was in there, you must not have been watching those couple years.

Nobody's denying he never made anything happen, although I still see many people still fail to see how much help he had from our D during his time here. It boggles the mind how this shrimp still seems to raise more wood among this fanbase more than our ex franchise qb, jim kelly.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                          • Mar 2005

I agree. I shamefully admit that during the whole controversy, I was a supporter of Rob's Johnson over Flutie. To me it seems the Bills could have gone 3-13 in that era and most fans would still be in love with the guy. He was exciting to watch and had a tremendous capacity to improvise, but he could only take that team so far. Was it wrong to start Rob's Johnson over Flutie against the Titans "Forward Lateral" game? I think not. The game was won and over then lost on one of the most ridiculous fluke plays of all time. If the Bills would have won that game, I think there's a chance that Rob's Johnson may still be in Buffalo. Just by winning that game, very suddenly, he would have had the support of the locker room, coaching staff and fans.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                            • Mar 2005

I agree that Flutie was over-rated. I shamefully admit that I was a supporter of Rob's Johnson during the whole QB controversy between him and Dougie. Flutie was an exciting player to watch and he had a tremendous capacity to improvise and make plays out of nothing. However, he really didn't have the ability or talent (arm strength) to take that team to another level. Would you look back at the Titan's "Forward Lateral" playoff game and say it was a mistake to start Rob's Johnson? The game was won and then lost on one of the most ridiculous fluke plays of all time. If the Bills would have one that game, it's possible Rob's Johnson would still be in Buffalo today. He would have had the support of the players, coaches, and fans. Bruce DeHaven would still be around. The psychology of the team and staff would have been strong as opposed to frustrated and confused. One stupid play probably had a lot more of an impact than we realize.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• Valerie
                              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
                              I don't recall anywhere in any of my posts where I said the with Flutie as the Bills quarterback, they would've won the Super Bowl. I do think that with Flutie the Bills stood a better chance than with Rob Johnson. I think that Flutie was a smarter quarterback than Rob and I think that he was able to make more things happen because he never gave up. Rob Johnson is like a deer in headlights when he's playing, which is why he spent the better part of his career (if you could call it a career) ON HIS BACK, EATING GRASS AND/OR TURF! Yes, Doug is old, but that doesn't mean he sucks or doesn't deserve a ring because of his age. I think he is and was a better quarterback than Rob Johnson EVER WAS! And, no, it's not because I think he's hot. I think Troy Aikman was an awesome quarterback and I don't think he's hot at all. lol

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                              The only answer I found for all this hurt
                              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• mybills
                                81 st zoner
                                • Jul 2002

WOW ticat, Forty thousand yards?

Doug got us near or to the playoffs...and he got his ass out of the way when he was in trouble. I don't remember robot (Bledsoe's twin brother) ever doing either.
                                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                                X