• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny Utah
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ticatfan
    21-9
    What's your point? He owes the defense a big part of his wins. If i'm not mistaken, Jay Fiedler had a winning record as a starter for the dolphins who had a strong D. 35-17 was it?
    I don't see any fish fans still getting all excited about fiedler as an icon. Oh yeah, If I recall it was flutie who's 0-1 in the playoffs. All he does is win!

Comment

• Johnny Utah
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Valerie
      I don't recall anywhere in any of my posts where I said the with Flutie as the Bills quarterback, they would've won the Super Bowl. I do think that with Flutie the Bills stood a better chance than with Rob Johnson. I think that Flutie was a smarter quarterback than Rob and I think that he was able to make more things happen because he never gave up. Rob Johnson is like a deer in headlights when he's playing, which is why he spent the better part of his career (if you could call it a career) ON HIS BACK, EATING GRASS AND/OR TURF! Yes, Doug is old, but that doesn't mean he sucks or doesn't deserve a ring because of his age. I think he is and was a better quarterback than Rob Johnson EVER WAS! And, no, it's not because I think he's hot. I think Troy Aikman was an awesome quarterback and I don't think he's hot at all. lol
      Well I didn't point my finger at you in particular saying the bills would have won the super bowl with flutie, but a lot of flutie fans have been caught saying the bills would have won the big game with him starting. I can't understand why you're still comparing rj to flutie. Rj's career or ability as a qb is not even the subject here. Nobody is disputing that rj is a better qb than flutie. All I said is that Rj deserved his ring on the bucs team. Flutie deserves a ring when his teams get to the big game and he had a part in that season.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
        I can't understand why you're still comparing rj to flutie. Rj's career or ability as a qb is not even the subject here.
        some people have this notion that by saying how bad RJ was, it miraculously changes the past and makes Flutie great. He had one very good season for us in 98 and a mediocre one in 99 where the defense pulled his fat out of the fire on a regular basis...and I've had season tix since 96 and saw every home game Flutie played for us in person and know what I saw. When a QB chooses to take down the ball and run instead of throw for more yards and TDs, he's screwing up.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Flutie is like the Yankees. You either hate him or love him. Also like the Yankees, the hate/love can be extremely lacking in any form of nonpartiality or logic. People bring up the how Flutie was a division in the locker room but discount how the team won more with him than they did with RJ. Flutie felt he was a better man to lead the Bills to victory than RJ was, and now that they have been gone for a few years, I believe that it can't be argued that he wasn't. Plus, many believe that Flutie took credit for many of his teams victories while not taking blame for the losses. That is a media issue. Maybe he could have been more magnanemous in victory but I don't think he glommed all the credit, that is just some people's perception.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
            • Mar 2005

If Flutie was 6" taller with the same speed and agility he had at 5'8" (his real height), he'd have a few Superbowl rings and a reserved place in the NFL Hall of Fame. He literally could not see over the line which is why he pumped, pulled, and ran so much. Adapt his style to a 6'2" frame in today's game, and you have today's prototypical QB.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• chubluv
              BillsZone bowling team MVP
              • Jan 2003

I dont care that he signed with the patriots!! And for those of you hoping he wins a ring this year obviously arent real Bills fans because you are rooting against them!!!!!!

We are in 5th place
              Clump is on the IR
              Chubluv average is 167
              Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
              Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• njsue
                Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                • Sep 2003

This is just too funny. The militent midget just wont accept retirement.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                  Flutie is like the Yankees. You either hate him or love him. Also like the Yankees, the hate/love can be extremely lacking in any form of nonpartiality or logic. People bring up the how Flutie was a division in the locker room but discount how the team won more with him than they did with RJ.
                  I don't usually do this but That's called a typical Flakism. Bashing RJ doesn't help the midget's case. No one will argue that RJ didn't suck. That doesn't excuse being a locker room problem. The only QB on the team back then with an ounce of class was AVP
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    some people have this notion that by saying how bad RJ was, it miraculously changes the past and makes Flutie great. He had one very good season for us in 98 and a mediocre one in 99 where the defense pulled his fat out of the fire on a regular basis...and I've had season tix since 96 and saw every home game Flutie played for us in person and know what I saw. When a QB chooses to take down the ball and run instead of throw for more yards and TDs, he's screwing up.
                    couldn't wait to chime in and take a shot at Flutie.

He's too short to see down the field. Of course he'll take off when he can't see.Taking off was his reaction. Drew and Rob had the height but were blind as a bat. Their reaction was, instead of trying to make something out of nothing, hold on and take a sack.

At least we had 1 good season with him and 2 playoff appearances. Not even a single decent season from Rob. Drew had more weapons than DF and yet no playoffs. He wasn't over rated, Drew and Rob were which made a back-up look good.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I don't usually do this but
                      Say what you want about the midget Phil. Everyone saw that he was the best qb we had since Kelly.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        Say what you want about the midget Phil. Everyone saw that he was the best qb we had since Kelly.
                        2 things
                        Never said he wasn't
                        and that's pretty sad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

2 things
                          Never said he wasn't
                          and that's pretty sad
                          you have this passion to blast him when someone says something about him and then you're mum when someone says something about Robosack. You sound like a Flutie flake in denial.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

you have this passion to blast him when someone says something about him
                            because there are still plenty of people blindly worshipping the runt
                            and then you're mum when someone says something about Robosack.
                            what's to say? He sucked...I supported him hoping he'd get better...he didn't
                            You sound like a Flutie flake in denial.
                            TAKE THAT BACK!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

because there are still plenty of people blindly worshipping the runt:
                              It's more of respect. No one could imagine what a senior midget could do in a game for big dudes. We all know that he was a locker room cancer. Drew was a class act in the locker room but most of us wanted him gone. It's what you do on the field that counts.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
                                • Jul 2002

The midget had his problems on the field as well. It could be said that he simply couldn't see the open WRs (maybe he needed glasses) but it could be that he just loved being in the spotlight. He throws the ball, people start watching the WR

Comment

Working...
                                X