• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Right
    Buffalo's favorite "TROLL"
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
    who was better Flutie or Bledsoe to you guys?
    ....comparing apples and oranges!
    I will say that BOTH probably accomplished more in their careers than everyone's 'hero', Jim Kelly....

...and they put HIM in the Hall Of Fame?!?!?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by STAMPY
      some of you are very ungrateful. if this city lost its team. you'd be crying.

regardless of your hate for the guy. you do owe him a thank you
      OMG, I actually agree with u?!?!

Great post, man!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
        Maybe you should take a step back and read the posts before you comment please...no one said it was all Flutie They were both little crybabies who should've been cut!! I don't give a crap whether a player likes being demoted. What he should've done is shut the **** up for the sake of the team. And he *****ed more than a bit. He shot off his mouth saying we would've won had he played. How could he know that? Was he going to play in place of Porter on the KO coverage? Yeah, he had been working himself out of his mideseason slump when he got benched but how do we know he wasn't going to revert right back in the playoff game?
        I'll still say it. If Doug Flutie didn't get ****ed over by Wade Phillips and Ralph Wilson for the AFC Wild Card game in Tennessee that Doug Flutie earned, and actually started the game...the Bills would have won. I was not impressed by Rob Johnson in that game. He made some good plays, but we still lost! Flutie was the leader of that team all year and led them to the record they got. The Bills would have won with their leader. I have no problem with Flutie talking **** either. Everyone knows that he got screwed when they put RJ as the starter because he looked good for one meaningless game against Indy. I think Flutie said what he said because it hurt him. He worked his ass off for that team and then he loses his start for a playoff game that him and the team earned? That's bull****! I'd be pissed too and would have let it be known too. Losing makes a big difference. If the Bills won that game, Flutie would have kept his mouth shut. i guarantee. Look at the Patriots first Super Bowl...if Tom Brady lost the playoff game and never took his team to the super Bowl...Bledsoe would have *****ed like crazy and the team would have been split. Winning cures all!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

2 things
          Never said he wasn't
          and that's pretty sad
          2 things
          You were a Johnsonite
          You were a DLC member AKA Drewid.

Not a very good qb evaluator Phil.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Maybe you should take a step back and read the posts before you comment please...no one said it was all Flutie They were both little crybabies who should've been cut!! I don't give a crap whether a player likes being demoted. What he should've done is shut the **** up for the sake of the team. And he *****ed more than a bit. He shot off his mouth saying we would've won had he played. How could he know that? Was he going to play in place of Porter on the KO coverage? Yeah, he had been working himself out of his mideseason slump when he got benched but how do we know he wasn't going to revert right back in the playoff game?
            It would be nice if either or both of them weren't crying about not playing but like I said, it rarely happens. Also, what is wrong with him thinking that they would have won had he been the QB? That is the kind of attitude you want in a QB isn't it? I bet Flutie wouldn't have taken the sack in the endzone that RJ did. Our offense was crap until the very end of the game for the most part. Of course I also thought the officials screwed up on several calls throughout the game including a crucial sideline pass caught by Peerless that they nullified.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              Also, what is wrong with him thinking that they would have won had he been the QB? That is the kind of attitude you want in a QB isn't it?
              Nope, he'd rather have a quiet qb who just stays back and takes a sack. Rob and Drew.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Nope, he'd rather have a quiet qb who just stays back and takes a sack. Rob and Drew.
                At least Drew could finish the game. Drew's faults weren't addressed properly IMO. When we got him, we knew he was immobile and he needed a very good Oline in front of him. I knew without it he would struggle. Oh well, let's hope Losman has a little of Kelly's toughness, Fluties "magic" and Bledsoe's durability. A little of Montana's brains and talent woudn't hurt either.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                  Oh well, let's hope Losman has a little of Kelly's toughness, Fluties "magic" and Bledsoe's durability. A little of Montana's brains and talent woudn't hurt either.
                  Don't forget about Brady's leadership.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    Don't forget about Brady's leadership.
                    We don't need to bring HIS name up. Kelly and Montana were just as good at leadership.

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

shrimp - nickname got your Mr. Johnson-Unknown poster.

That's someone one negged me for calling flutie a shrimp. You see how sensitive some of these people are with this guy. It's pathetic.

You people defending flutie for mouthing out to the media for getting benched would scold any other other player out there for same thing. You'd say, "Shut the **** up and stop your whining". But because it was flutie, and you're still grateful to him, you'll give him a pass for unwrongfully getting benched. Yes, it was wrong to bench flutie like that, but a "great" team player keeps his mouth shut to the media. Did he do that? NO. He's far from a great team player. Anything he says about helping other qb's out is taken with a grain of salt. Doug Flutie is only out for himself. Some of his fans even credit him for Drew Bree's late development? Oh yeah, it took years for flutie to mentor Brees. As far as Brady is concerned, there's nothing brady can learn from flutie. If anything, flutie should learn how to be a true team player from brady.

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        Here's another thing and I can't wait to see your response...

Doug Flutie saved the franchise. If he wasn't getting everybody excited and pumped up in the 1998 season, we might have lost the Buffalo Bills. I don't care what you people say, he did help "save" the franchise IMO and doesn't get enough credit. Hell, when he was released, Wegmans pulled away from the Bills because of how many pissed off people there was. Doug Flutie was a very popular guy and a perfect spokesman.
                        Wegmans pulled their sponsership of TC because they wanted to increase the purse for the Wegmans Rochester LPGA to try and attract more of the big name players. It had nothing to do with Flutie being cut.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
                          who was better Flutie or Bledsoe to you guys?
                          Flutie.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            Wegmans pulled their sponsership of TC because they wanted to increase the purse for the Wegmans Rochester LPGA to try and attract more of the big name players. It had nothing to do with Flutie being cut.
                            Don't fool yourself. They will deny it, but Flutie was a huge spokesman for Wegmans. if the Bills kept Flutie...Wegmans would have kept their sponsorship going. Although it wasn't the only reason or even the main reason, it was one reason. Another one was because they were looking to expand down into PA near Philly and down south farther and with a partnership like that, it wouldn't attract the local fans. I heard that they had a McNabb's favorite Sub near the Philly area.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              No...Actually I'd rather a player who puts the team first. If he wants to complain, complain to Wade...not the media. All Doug did was make a mess out of the QB position by shooting off his mouth. Team stuff like that should stay within the team. Then, rather than keeping quiet and making Flutie look like the only idiot, RJ fought back through the media. Someone on the team should've grabbed both of them and smashed their empty heads together for that ****!!
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                                • Jan 2003

No...Actually I'd rather a player who puts the team first. If he wants to complain, complain to Wade...not the media. All Doug did was make a mess out of the QB position by shooting off his mouth. Team stuff like that should stay within the team. Then, rather than keeping quiet and making Flutie look like the only idiot, RJ fought back through the media. Someone on the team should've grabbed both of them and smashed their empty heads together for that ****!!
                                Must not have liked Bruce Smith then.

Comment

Working...
                                X