Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Everett injured

  1. #21
    WIN NOW Philagape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    19,432
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 71 Times in 45 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Turf
    Wonderful, just wonderful.
    TD sucks. Another poor draft. There, I got that off my chest in 5 easy words, now I can move on.
    It's TD's fault that Everett got injured?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

    "Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

    2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

  2. #22
    Registered User Ickybaluky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    8,884
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride
    I assume he wasn't signed to a contract..... so how does that work? Do we not sign him this year? I am thinking that this doesnt cost the Bills a dime?
    Usually, draft picks sign an injury waiver to participate in minicamp. As part of the standard waiver, the team agrees to pay him a market contract if he is injured.

  3. #23
    Exhausted of Losing BillsRockSOMUCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hamilton, Canada
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    this happened to bob sanders.. the safety from iowa that got drafted in the 2nd round by cleveland last season.. they still pay him the average contract from that slot.
    You're talking about Sean Jones...

    Hopefully Everett is ok and ready for opening day

  4. #24
    Registered User MTBillsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 76 Times in 52 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    DOH!!

    Oh well, Hopefully, he's not injured to badly...this just means we'll have to get a TE after June 1 cuts?

  5. #25
    Drink Responsibly dannyek71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    123 Row 4 Seat 4
    Posts
    6,945
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 166 Times in 106 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37
    the one pos we need players at
    [

  6. #26
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth Dicknoze69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    Let's wait to hear a real diagnosis before we jump off the ship
    __________________

    God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

  7. #27
    Registered User wchutalkinboutwillis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    From Buffalo to North Jersey
    Posts
    301
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17
    Big deal. Coming in, he was the 4th TE anyway. Campbell & Euhus (who were progressing very, very well in their recovery), backed up by Neufeld (who was a quality 3rd TE). I'm paraphrasing TD, of course.

    He's another McGahee or JP. Take the first year off and learn the playbook. I cannot tell whether I'm sarcastic or genuine. TD can make you think that way. Or, perhaps, too many Molson's have been consumed this Friday night. Let me know.

  8. #28
    Registered User LtFinFan66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Valparaiso, Florida
    Posts
    47,199
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 49 Times in 24 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
    Big deal. Coming in, he was the 4th TE anyway. Campbell & Euhus (who were progressing very, very well in their recovery), backed up by Neufeld (who was a quality 3rd TE). I'm paraphrasing TD, of course.

    He's another McGahee or JP. Take the first year off and learn the playbook. I cannot tell whether I'm sarcastic or genuine. TD can make you think that way. Or, perhaps, too many Molson's have been consumed this Friday night. Let me know.
    Dude, wasn't he like the 2nd guy you guys drafted this year(3rd round)?? I would be a little more upset about this injury.

  9. #29
    Registered User wchutalkinboutwillis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    From Buffalo to North Jersey
    Posts
    301
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17
    Yeah. I could be a little more upset. But as I mentioned, contrary what some folks may believe, there is some depth at this position. Don't get all upset because you miss Mr. Jay "Big Ears" Feidler.

  10. #30
    Registered User Marvelous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,226
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22

    Unhappy

    That sucks. But as mentioned above " we have depth". I like Neufeld just in case we need him. As of now he's the only healthy TE we have
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

  11. #31
    Registered User Turf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    7,579
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked 2,200 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    It's TD's fault that Everett got injured?
    Yeah, like it's your fault you are where you are.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

  12. #32
    Registered User LtFinFan66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Valparaiso, Florida
    Posts
    47,199
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 49 Times in 24 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
    Yeah. I could be a little more upset. But as I mentioned, contrary what some folks may believe, there is some depth at this position. Don't get all upset because you miss Mr. Jay "Big Ears" Feidler.
    What does Fiedler have to do with this?? Unlike you, I would care if the guy we had just used our 3rd round pick(2nd total pick) got hurt. Depth or not!!

  13. #33
    Registered User wchutalkinboutwillis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    From Buffalo to North Jersey
    Posts
    301
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17
    Jeepers Creepers, Mr. Mercury Morris!!!!!! Please do not misunderstand me. I love dolphins as much as I love Lake Erie carp. Lovely creatures, really. As you know, injuries are very much a part of professional sports. I think the good GM's make their draft decisions, at least partly, on how well players can deal and recover with physical injury. ie. wchutalkinboiutWillis McGahee. Granted, McGahee's injury prognosis was cloudy, yet better defined than what we have here with the newcomer, Chris Everett. However, I'm not sure that any of us really know anything about this injury. It may very well be nothing.

  14. #34
    Registered User juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In The N.O.. Ya Heard
    Posts
    3,538
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
    Jeepers Creepers, Mr. Mercury Morris!!!!!! Please do not misunderstand me. I love dolphins as much as I love Lake Erie carp. Lovely creatures, really. As you know, injuries are very much a part of professional sports. I think the good GM's make their draft decisions, at least partly, on how well players can deal and recover with physical injury. ie. wchutalkinboiutWillis McGahee. Granted, McGahee's injury prognosis was cloudy, yet better defined than what we have here with the newcomer, Chris Everett. However, I'm not sure that any of us really know anything about this injury. It may very well be nothing.
    A knee injury is never good, at the least it usually requires scoping which can be tough because it can turn into a Troy Vincent type recovery.. a slow process.


    "Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

  15. #35
    Registered User camelcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Williamsville
    Posts
    7,449
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 50 Times in 24 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Turf
    Wonderful, just wonderful.
    TD sucks. Another poor draft. There, I got that off my chest in 5 easy words, now I can move on.
    Yeah....TD ran out on to the field with a pipe and pulled a Tanya Harding.

    Turf



  16. #36
    Registered User tampabay25690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    9,670
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 435 Times in 258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
    Yeah. I could be a little more upset. But as I mentioned, contrary what some folks may believe, there is some depth at this position. Don't get all upset because you miss Mr. Jay "Big Ears" Feidler.
    WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #37
    Youboty can hope venis2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    western mass
    Posts
    4,621
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 63 Times in 34 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30

  18. #38
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    17,353
    Thanks
    1,910
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 711 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    136
    I'll wait for a medical update before writing him off for the season.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

  19. #39
    Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    rochester, ny
    Posts
    31,439
    Thanks
    6,961
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Turf
    Yeah, like it's your fault you are where you are.
    Are you being sarcastic??? B'cse otherwise, I can't tell why or even what you are saying!!!

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    [NULL]
    Posts
    7,540
    Thanks
    2,439
    Thanked 1,489 Times in 956 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37
    We're not having much luck with TE's lately. Hopefully it's just a sprain and he'll be back in action prior to the season.

    It's times like these that I miss Pete Metzelars.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •