I say we call Entercom and demand streaming of WGR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I say we call Entercom and demand streaming of WGR!

Apparently Boston deserves streaming, but Buffalo doesn't.

New England’s most entertaining and informative coverage of the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics & Bruins. Stream, read and download WEEI 93.7 FM from any device on Audacy

WEEI Boston has streaming, but WGR doesn't and they're both entercom stations.

Let's see if we can get something done. Here's their contact info:

Entercom Communications Corp.

401 City Avenue, Suite 809
    Bala Cynwyd, Pa 19004
    Phone: 610-660-5610
    Fax: 610-660-5620

David J. Field, President and CEO
    Steve Fisher, Executive VP and CFO
    John C. Donlevie, Executive VP and General Counsel
    Steve Godofsky, Regional Vice President
    Weezie Kramer, Regional Vice President
    Deborah Kane, Regional Vice President
    Pat Paxton, Senior VP-Programming
    Martin D. Hadfield, VP-Engineering
    Ken Beck, VP-News/Talk Programming
    John Graefe, Director of IT

And here's WGR's office line:
    Office Line: 716.843.0600

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I'll pass. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

• buffalofan19
      God's gift to the Zone
      • Dec 2004

WGR used to live stream back in 2000-2001(ish) but Entercom took it down for legal reasons. Someone took the Buffalo chapter to court for some reason. It has been a while since I read about it and I can not find a link, but I do know that they live-streamed at one point and took it down.
      Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
      Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
      Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
      Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
      Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
      Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffalofan19
        WGR used to live stream back in 2000-2001(ish) but Entercom took it down for legal reasons. Someone took the Buffalo chapter to court for some reason. It has been a while since I read about it and I can not find a link, but I do know that they live-streamed at one point and took it down.
        Entercom was not streaming on any of their stations until recently. Now they are adding streaming back to some of their stations, and we need to encourage them to include WGR to the list of stations they stream.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
          I'll pass. Let me know how it goes.
          me too. LOL at your sig BF1
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

Please NO WGR in streaming, I can't get it here where I live and when I do it's all static. WGR should be the radio station that is and WNSA should be still on the air. Plus Schopp, Bulldog and Hamilton are all morons the only guy that is at WGR is Howard Simon and I don't even know if he's any good anymore.
            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 05-10-2005, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• chubluv
              BillsZone bowling team MVP
              • Jan 2003

Why? For the most part all they talk about is everything but sports. I stopped listening to them. Except for the occasional check in on the 20/20 sports report. trust me your not missing much. I emailed them once b4 and told them if I wanted to hear current events or recaps of Lost or 24 or American Idol I can listen to their sister station WBEN I also informed them that I would no longer listen to this ridiculous crap anymore. They didnt even reply to my email so I'm guessing they really dont care.

We are in 5th place
              Clump is on the IR
              Chubluv average is 167
              Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
              Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• sba
                • Dec 2004

Thanks for your e-mail about streaming WGR, and your ears must have been ringing. Our parent company, Entercom, is testing streaming our sister station in Boston, WEEI, as I write you. We do want to place WGR programming on-line, but we have to see how this test goes. Please be patient as we figure out the timeline for this process.
                Thank you very much for taking the time to e-mail me about our programming, and please let me know if you have any other concerns.

-Andy Roth
                Program Director
                WGR - Sportsradio 550

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sba
                  Thanks for your e-mail about streaming WGR, and your ears must have been ringing. Our parent company, Entercom, is testing streaming our sister station in Boston, WEEI, as I write you. We do want to place WGR programming on-line, but we have to see how this test goes. Please be patient as we figure out the timeline for this process.
                  Thank you very much for taking the time to e-mail me about our programming, and please let me know if you have any other concerns.

-Andy Roth
                  Program Director
                  WGR - Sportsradio 550
                  Nice!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    Nice!
                    Ditto
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

I can do without GR. Everytime I go to check it out they are talking about some of the dumbest things around. Even Howard Simon, who I use to like, is caught up in the circus act. Yesterday I was heading home from the store in my wife's car, that doesn't have Sirius, and these two idiots (Schopp and the Bulldog) are talking about a parrot that eats chicken wings. What the heck happened to that show. The only one that I can tolerate is Brad Rider, but with Tom Lykas on in the evening who needs that show. What is wrong with a serious discussion about sports? You can keep your stupid chicken wing eating bird, thank God for Sirius.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Weezie Kramer?

I guess she moved on up to VP.

Comment

• regor
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          I can do without GR. Everytime I go to check it out they are talking about some of the dumbest things around. Even Howard Simon, who I use to like, is caught up in the circus act. Yesterday I was heading home from the store in my wife's car, that doesn't have Sirius, and these two idiots (Schopp and the Bulldog) are talking about a parrot that eats chicken wings. What the heck happened to that show. The only one that I can tolerate is Brad Rider, but with Tom Lykas on in the evening who needs that show. What is wrong with a serious discussion about sports? You can keep your stupid chicken wing eating bird, thank God for Sirius.

100% right. Thier station has become a joke. They even ruined Howard Simon who I liked before he got to WGR. I don't listen anymore. I got sick and tired of them spending the morning talking about American Idol, 24, etc and which super power is better...................being invisible or flying

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Being invisible is waaay better than flying. Everyone knows that.

Comment

• buffalofan19
                              God's gift to the Zone
                              • Dec 2004

Alot of the reason WGR is doing what they are doing is because there is not much going on locally in the sports world right now. The NHL is locked out, and there really is only so much you can say about the Bills right now without becoming too redundant(someone is going to crucify me for saying that, I know). Last year, when the Sabres were still playing, there was alot less of the side-show stuff because there was actually fresh news to talk about. Right now, the Buffalo sports scene is dead. There is the Bisons and that's about it. I guess it would be nice if they talked more Major League Baseball and the NBA playoffs (though I don't really like the NBA until the conference finals), but without local franchises, there is only so much interest you can generate.

As far as WNSA is concerned, I really don't think it was that much better than WGR. There may have been a little (at most) more substance as far as the sports talk went, but I found it boring. Every host seemed to talk in a monotone voice and basically say the same thing over and over. At least the WGR guys could/can be funny everyonce in a while. I actually think Jeremy White is pretty funny, as is Brad Riter, but maybe that is because I am younger than most.
                              Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                              Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                              Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                              Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                              Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                              Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

Working...