• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Your top five skill players?

QB:
    1. Tom Brady - You dont win three out of four by mistake
    2. Peyton Manning - Dont care if its the system, the numbers speak for themselves.
    3. Donovan F. McNabb - Maybe the best all around QB in the league.
    4. Marc Bulger - I know Ill get some crap for this one but the guy is the most underrated guy in the league.
    5. Daunte Culpepper - Second best all around QB with unmatched arm strength.

RB:
    1. LT - Best all around back in the NFL, can catch and has great power and speed.
    2. Edge - Same as LT but bigger. If he can stay healthy he is heading for the HOF.
    3. Shaun Alexander - Great runner with a crappy line and an all around crappy offense. Was almost rushing champion last season too.
    4. Willis - Call me a homer or whatever you will but there is no doubt this guy has just as good, if not better physical ability than anyone in the NFL at RB. He is great at finding holes and hitting them hard. Dances in the hole too much IMO but other than that he is solid.
    5. Priest - When healthy is there anyone better?

WR:
    1. Torry Holt - Best route runner in the NFL and maybe the best speed as well.
    2. Hines Ward - Toughest SOB at WR. Guy blocks like a lineman and catches anything that goes his way. Doesnt put up the huge numbers but has skills no other WR in the league has.
    3. Marvin Harrison - Another near perfect route runner with great vision. He makes every DB that goes against him look stupid everytime.
    4. Chad Johnson - I hate the guy as a person but as a player he is a freak of nature. Another really really tough guy that backs up everything he says.
    5. Terrell Owens - Power, size, speed, injured. That last one is the only reason why he isnt number one.
    ............ Randy Moss is done for so dont even bring him up.

TE:
    1. Antonio Gates - I know he only had one good season and he will be keyed on by D's but he is faster and just as big as anyone at that spot. Speed kills against slower LB's and have you seen how high the guy jumps? Yikes.
    2. Tony Gonzalez - No need to explain why he is top five.
    3. Alge Crumpler - Guy is flippin huge and has the athleticism of some WR's. Catches near everything thrown at him.
    4. Randy McMichael - Big and athletic, doesnt talk crap after making a catch just plays hard. He is my personal favorite TE in the NFL.
    5. Shockey - I dont know where the guy has been for two years but when he is on he is ON. Toughest guy at his position.

So theres mine, think what you will, say what you will. Who are your top five?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Ward is #1 in my book!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

4. Randy McMichael - Big and athletic, doesnt talk crap after making a catch just plays hard. He is my personal favorite TE in the NFL.
      He does punch his wife in the face though
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
        He does punch his wife in the face though
        But then again who doesnt? I mean this is the 90's.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

QB:
          1. Brady
          2. P. Manning
          3. D. McNabb
          4. D. Culpepper
          5. B. Farve

RB:
          1. L. Tomlinson
          2. E. James
          3. S. Alexander
          4. C. Dillon
          5. J. Lewis

WR:
          1. R. Moss
          2. T. Owens
          3. M. Harrison
          4. T. Holt
          5. C. Johnson

TE:
          1. T. Gonzalez
          2. A. Gates
          3. A. Crumpler
          4. J. Whitten
          5. T. Heap

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            But then again who doesnt? I mean this is the 90's.
            woman beaters should be shot...and this isn't the 90s anyway
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Stewie
              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
              • Aug 2002

You leave off the best receiver in the game.. and put mark bulger on your qb list. Sweet.
              Originally posted by Topdog
              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              I love Weiner.
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              also cheese

Comment

• CajunBillsBacker
                100% Cajun
                • Jul 2002

QB
                1) Peyton Manning - Obviously the best
                2) Tom Brady - Too many wins to be concidered a fluke
                3) Michael Vick - Dangerous
                4) Dante Culpepper - Physical specimen
                5) Brett Favre - Still very dangerous

RB
                1) Ladanian Thomlinson - complete package
                2) Willis McGahee - Haven't seen a stiff arm that powerful since Walter Payton
                3) Priest Holmes - Is every bit as talented as anyone else when healthy
                4) Shaun Alexander - most underrated RB in the league
                5) Jamal Lewis - Big poweful, and fast

WR
                1) Randy Moss - Say what you will, but he is feared by every DC in the league
                2) Tory Holt - Just dominating all around reciever
                3) Hines Ward - See Writeup on Holt
                4) Marvin Harrison - Small, but no one hasn't figured him out his whole career
                5) Terrell Owens - Big mouth, backs it up

TE
                1) Tony Gonzales - Dominating his whole career. One of only two TE's who's stats are better than most recievers in the league
                2) Antonio Gates - Same as Tony G.
                3) Alge Crumpler - Dominating and huge
                4) Jason Whitten - Gets the job done constantly
                5) Todd Heap - Also a big target who is consistant

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

K - 1. Lindel

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Curtis Martin has to be a top 5.
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

MARC BULGER????

Comment

• STAMPY
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Sep 2003

how do you not put randy moss in top 5

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Seriously!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by STAMPY
                            how do you not put randy moss in top 5
                            Because in my opinion he is going to start going down hill from here on in. If your not going to post your own list dont knock on someone elses.

Pussy

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              QB:
                              1. Tom Brady - You dont win three out of four by mistake
                              2. Peyton Manning - Dont care if its the system, the numbers speak for themselves.
                              3. Donovan F. McNabb - Maybe the best all around QB in the league.
                              4. Marc Bulger - I know Ill get some crap for this one but the guy is the most underrated guy in the league.
                              5. Daunte Culpepper - Second best all around QB with unmatched arm strength.

RB:
                              1. LT - Best all around back in the NFL, can catch and has great power and speed.
                              2. Edge - Same as LT but bigger. If he can stay healthy he is heading for the HOF.
                              3. Shaun Alexander - Great runner with a crappy line and an all around crappy offense. Was almost rushing champion last season too.
                              4. Willis - Call me a homer or whatever you will but there is no doubt this guy has just as good, if not better physical ability than anyone in the NFL at RB. He is great at finding holes and hitting them hard. Dances in the hole too much IMO but other than that he is solid.
                              5. Priest - When healthy is there anyone better?

WR:
                              1. Torry Holt - Best route runner in the NFL and maybe the best speed as well.
                              2. Hines Ward - Toughest SOB at WR. Guy blocks like a lineman and catches anything that goes his way. Doesnt put up the huge numbers but has skills no other WR in the league has.
                              3. Marvin Harrison - Another near perfect route runner with great vision. He makes every DB that goes against him look stupid everytime.
                              4. Chad Johnson - I hate the guy as a person but as a player he is a freak of nature. Another really really tough guy that backs up everything he says.
                              5. Terrell Owens - Power, size, speed, injured. That last one is the only reason why he isnt number one.
                              ............ Randy Moss is done for so dont even bring him up.

TE:
                              1. Antonio Gates - I know he only had one good season and he will be keyed on by D's but he is faster and just as big as anyone at that spot. Speed kills against slower LB's and have you seen how high the guy jumps? Yikes.
                              2. Tony Gonzalez - No need to explain why he is top five.
                              3. Alge Crumpler - Guy is flippin huge and has the athleticism of some WR's. Catches near everything thrown at him.
                              5. Shockey - I dont know where the guy has been for two years but when he is on he is ON. Toughest guy at his position.

So theres mine, think what you will, say what you will. Who are your top five?
                              All I can say is THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE VICK!!! He is so overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X