• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Titans Owner wants Henry

"We're interested in Henry,'' Adams said yesterday from the NFL Meetings in Washington, D.C. "He wants to get out of Buffalo. We think he has a lot of ability. We think he has four good years left. Because of where he went to college I think he'd be real popular with the fans.

"I think he'd be a real good addition.''

I think their situation grew a bit more dire since Chris Brown fractured his hand. So fork up the 3rd rounder and send it over already!!!
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

2nd rounder, no less. Throw in McNair to sweeten the deal.

Time to put the screws to 'em.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

and a kicker to be named later
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• ryven
        • Jan 2003

I would take a 4th and Erron Kinney
        Position: TE
        Height: 6-5
        Weight: 275

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

yep, this makes a lot of sense. But at this point I would prefer a player and a pick rather than just a pick. A pick won't help us this year. Problem is, the Titans don't have much experience left on their roster other than at DE. Bo Schobel anyone?
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
            • Aug 2004

that de Hall would be good.
            http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
              • Mar 2003

Wow, an owner that actually thinks fans care about local college boys?? What a new concept.

The last SU guy that was picked up by the Bills....?

Bills want Syracuse fans buying Bills tickets and merchandise, but hell no, we'd never take a SU player, that would be stupid.

I'm not saying take a player just becasue he went to SU, just recognize that a SU player would be popular with the fans.
              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by ryven
                I'd go for that.

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

That's not a bad idea. We need a healthy TE, and it's a plus that he's a veteran TE who's a good blocker and decent receiver. With Everett out for possibly the whole season and Campbell and Euhus coming off knee injuries, we could really use this guy. I think they already had plans for Ben Troupe to start at TE anyway.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                    yep, this makes a lot of sense. But at this point I would prefer a player and a pick rather than just a pick. A pick won't help us this year. Problem is, the Titans don't have much experience left on their roster other than at DE. Bo Schobel anyone?
                    Whats the difference? You say a pick won't help us out this year. You really think we are going to get a player that will actually help us out? No way in hell we get a decent pick and a player that can actually play. I say just do the 3rd round pick and call it done. It's not like the Titans are going to break .500 this year so it will be a decent pick.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

One thing is for sure I don't want an OL guy from them. Look how often McNair got injured last season....

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

With Ben Troupe having foot surgery that will shelve him through training camp, I doubt the Titans are in a position to trade Kinney - who is their starter at TE. In fact, they only have 3 healthy TE on the roster and said they are looking to sign another one before camp starts.

Besides, Kinney, recently signed a long-term contract extension through 2008 to stay with the Titans, with $440K amortized per year. Since he has a $900K base salary, that means the Titans would take about a $860K cap hit to trade him ($1.76M in dead money). With them being in cap trouble (they lead the NFL in dead money), that would make no sense for them.

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                          With Ben Troupe having foot surgery that will shelve him through training camp, I doubt the Titans are in a position to trade Kinney - who is their starter at TE. In fact, they only have 3 healthy TE on the roster and said they are looking to sign another one before camp starts.

Besides, Kinney, recently signed a long-term contract extension through 2008 to stay with the Titans, with $440K amortized per year. Since he has a $900K base salary, that means the Titans would take about a $860K cap hit to trade him ($1.76M in dead money). With them being in cap trouble (they lead the NFL in dead money), that would make no sense for them.
                          Finally, someone with some sense! Too bad he's a Patty fan.
                          Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            One thing is for sure I don't want an OL guy from them. Look how often McNair got injured last season....
                            McNair is the toughest china doll I've ever seen.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by NE39

Excellent point. If you hadn't pointed this out, I would have. With B.Troupe hurting and S.Meier gone as a FA, the Titans are actually looking for a TE to sign for their mini-camps. With Troupe's injury history, even if he is back for the preseason, there is no way that the Titans would consider trading Kinney, who is now the only other truly experienced TE that they have on their roster.

So, forget Kinney. But, with B.Adams pushing for T.Henry now, the pressure will be on his GM F.Reese to cough up that third round pick that TD has been holding out for once Reese gets back from his vacation.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X